Wiki Posts
Search

Day use hotels near O'Hare (ORD) ?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2011, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Day use hotels near O'Hare (ORD) ?

Hello all:

I know that the Hilton ORD hotel offers day use rooms to accomodate flyers with a long layover.

With all the hotels near the airport, I was wondering if others offered the same type of service?

Many thanks!

Yul2011
Old Jul 23, 2011, 11:34 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Virtually all do - even if they don't publish a rate. This is one where calling the front desk (not 800 reservations line) is worth it. When they quote you a rate ask if it's really the best they can do. Remember, you can always call back & book. When these places are underbooked, you can find fire sale prices.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Didn't know that the ORD airports were so flexible/hungry.

Wonder if this is an unexploited niche for a monetized booking site.

Zipcar model for connecting passengers at international gateways.

Hmmm....@:-)
Old Nov 30, 2011, 7:22 pm

Consider us?

Hey,

Not unexploited! Our upcoming website, DayGuest.com, dedicated to day use, is getting into the market, big time!

As we are in the process of forming partnerships with hotels, we welcome any and all feedback we can get to better tailor our offering.

Have you ever booked a day use rooms? What was convenient or inconvenient about it?

Which price would you be willing to pay for the privilege?

Would you be interested in day use in urban areas as well, and not only nearby airports?

Again, any and all feedback and suggestions are much appreciated, thanks :=)

P
Old May 29, 2014, 6:13 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Wanted to give my two cents on trying to book a day use room. I knew that the Hilton offered rooms but I decided to gamble and see if I could get something cheaper on the day of. Called the Marriott ORD, Westin ORD and Hilton ORD.

Hilton ORD quoted me the published day rate of $99.

Marriott ORD said they don't do day room. I asked again and she said she could make me a reservation but I would have to check out at 11am or wait for till 2pm and check in. Trying to press the issue of a "day room" I made sure I was speaking to someone on-site and not central reservations, she said she "knew the rules" as she was the manager.

Westin quoted $89.

I figured it was worth $10 to not have to take a shuttle bus and showed up at the Hilton. Front desk agent said day rooms don't start till 9am and if I wanted a room now (6am) I would have to pay a $25 early check in fee.

At this point the Hilton was $35 more than the Westin and the Westin confirmed that they could check me in ASAP. It should be noted that the hotel shuttle bus pick up right outside the doors of the Hilton.

Westin ORD wins.
Old May 29, 2014, 9:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update!

Renaissance ORD Suites does day rate, but rate can vary. It's 50% off available rates. Obviously weekend rates are cheaper so the 50% off would be a lot less. Weekdays might be more than what Westin or Hilton offers; someone would need to check. With the Ren you can take the hotel shuttle or just hop on the Blue Line which is quick.

Cheers.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 6:38 pm

Programs: UA MP, Delta Sky Miles, AA Advantage
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Renaissance ORD Suites does day rate, but rate can vary. It's 50% off available rates. Obviously weekend rates are cheaper so the 50% off would be a lot less.
If I arrive on Friday at 7 AM and need a day room would I get weekend rate or not?
Old May 2, 2015, 10:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by GREAKLY
If I arrive on Friday at 7 AM and need a day room would I get weekend rate or not?
It's just a guess but I'm thinking 50% off the weekend rate. You could certainly ask for it.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.