Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

driving or car service between AUH and Dubai

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2016, 8:58 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA OWE

Looked through older threads on this topic. What are some of the better car services between Dubai and Abu Dhabi? What is reasonable price to pay for sedan between the two airports? Also, is it worth renting a car, the hotels I will be at have free parking and having a rental will give more freedom but I just am not sure if its more hassle than simply using car service to go between cities and airports?
Old Apr 18, 2016, 5:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold/OWE
Unless you really need to ride in a Lexus, any taxi off the street will be delighted to take you. All public taxis are safe, clean, metered and govt regulated. Depending where you start and finish, the fare would be between 250-300 dhs. Uber (and local competitor Careem) would be around 30% more, and you don't need cash. All hotels can arrange a car service, at the usual exorbitant mark-up. The distance is 80-100 miles.

Driving yourself is certainly an option and maybe cheaper, but you need to be a confident and assertive driver, used to fast moving highways and dense city traffic. Driving standards here are at best 'variable'. You also need a smartphone with up to date maps. There are 101 different traffic violations that you may transgress and which may end up on your credit card sometime after your return.

Edited ... the airport taxi service at AUH is nice Merc minivans with leather seats, uniformed drivers, plenty of space. Same metered pricing as city cabs but with a 25 dh flag down.

Last edited by sharp5flat9; Apr 19, 2016 at 12:47 am
Old Apr 29, 2016, 1:50 pm

Programs: United 100K, Etihad Gold, Marriot Platinum, Hilton Gold
Driving over there is pretty safe, but probably no point if you are just staying in abu dhabi and dubai. I used to have to head out towards Liwa Oasis every week and once you are out of town the speed people travel at is faaaaaast
Old Apr 30, 2016, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Rent a car. Driving is pretty easy, especially if you have a second person navigating. Make sure you have a GPS, or preloaded google maps.

You can pick up at one airport and drop off at the other.
Old May 1, 2016, 11:48 am

Some rental agencies have one-way fees of Dhs 150+, which makes it pointless for a simple airport to airport transfer.

If you need the car for the day or longer, then fair enough.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.