Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Seeing the fog from Burj Khalifa

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2015, 8:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC

Hi!

I’ll be in Dubai later this week. After missing the chance to go up the Burj Khalifa in 2010 (lifts were broken), I’d like a trip up this time. I’ve seen some amazing photos of fog covering the city, which I’d love to see, as well as either sunrise or sunset. I believe the fog is a fairly common occurrence on winter mornings (can anyone confirm?).

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pict...-pictures.html

There are tickets for this Friday morning, with (seemingly) plenty of availability between 0530 and 0800. Sunrise is at 7am, so I was thinking of trying to get a 0630 ticket…can anyone advise if this is a good time to go up, or if I’m best waiting for an afternoon session.

Thanks!
Old Jan 28, 2015, 12:14 pm

If people could predict when there was going to be fog, there wouldn't be massive pile ups on the roads.
As for sunrise, there is usually so much haze and dust that you can add 10 to 15 mins to the quoted time before you actually see the sun.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 4:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Well, I'm back from my trip. No fog, but no haze either. I think the Fri/Sat dawn entry is a great time to go up. Not very busy (no queues anywhere), and lovely views before the day heats up. Aim for at least 30 mins before sunrise.

Old Feb 8, 2015, 12:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
I thought of going up, but couldnt see spending the 125/200AED to go half way up the building. (For me), the major architectural thing to see is the Khalifa. (And Burj Al Arab) along with the Palms ofcourse. But you'll be in the Khalifa, you can see the Arab, but it'll be real tiny, and I dont think you can see the palms.
I was also concerned about the fog/haze so I didn't bother.

However, I do understand why people want to go up. If you are worried about weather, you can always show up when its clear and buy a ticket on the spot. Its just an (even more) outrageous 500AED (I think).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.