Free wifi coming to DCA & IAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free wifi coming to DCA & IAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2011, 9:24 am

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA Platinum, others
I tried it yesterday (4/21) from concourse A and boy was it slow!! Speed test was 71 down, 145 up.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 10:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LTT, United Club Life Member, UA *S
Using it yesterday (4/21) by gate C8.

At 12:30pm it was working very well (concourse almost empty). Didn't do a speed test, but I was downloading/installing lots of updates on a friend's laptop.

By 3:30pm, with the concourse starting to fill for international departures, downloads had slowed dramatically. But straightforward email was still easily handled.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Annandaler
Using it yesterday (4/21) by gate C8.

At 12:30pm it was working very well (concourse almost empty). Didn't do a speed test, but I was downloading/installing lots of updates on a friend's laptop.

By 3:30pm, with the concourse starting to fill for international departures, downloads had slowed dramatically. But straightforward email was still easily handled.
I hope the BA Lounge at the B-Gates is on a different network!!
Old May 20, 2011, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Tested from my tragically basic iPod [yes, iPod] on 18 May from the BA Galleries Lounge at the B-Gates. I think I was offered 6+ connections.

It worked fine, given that everything using an iPod is glacially slow
Old Jun 11, 2011, 12:07 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Southwest A List, United Silver, Jumeirah One Silver, Marriott Silver
worked fine in B terminal yesterday

was outside gate 11 and though the connection was a bit slow, it worked. I had to connect to the "attwifi" one.
Old Jun 12, 2011, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LTT, United Club Life Member, UA *S
Originally Posted by drnp
was outside gate 11 and though the connection was a bit slow, it worked. I had to connect to the "attwifi" one.
Curious as to where you were... There is no B11 gate - nor is there an A11 gate.

For some reason, connecting to "attwifi" sometimes works better than connecting to "Dulles Airport Wifi" - even though they are both working off the same hardware throughout the airport.
Old Jul 3, 2011, 12:52 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum; Marriott Platinum
Has anyone been able to speedtest the airport wifi against RCC wifi at the same time?
Old Jul 8, 2011, 8:06 am

Free wifi anywhere at IAD?

I'll have 4 hours today between BDL-IAD and IAD-EZE...hoping to get some work done sans paying...
Old Jul 8, 2011, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
See the dc forum for this thread that indicates likely http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/washi...g-dca-iad.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.