Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sudafed in Mexico

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2015, 9:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
I've taken Claritin D with me many times. Just make sure it's a reasonable amount for your stay and in original packaging.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 9:25 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Doesn't the question say "pharmaceuticals...of agricultural use"? Wouldn't this mean drugs for livestock?
Whatever it was intended to mean before it was poorly translated doesn't matter to me; that's the way I'd interpret it - "pharmaceuticals or biologicals of agricultural use" would be large quantities of meds for a chicken ranch or dairy herd, or frozen bull sperm. My 24 pack of Claritin-D or Sudafed? I never give those to animals...
Old Apr 13, 2016, 6:36 pm

Programs: AA
I wrote the Mexican consulate after reading of the arrest(s?) in Puerto Vallarta.

Long story short, the reply is "Yes, pseudoephedrine is considered a controlled substance, so you must bring the doctor's prescription."

Now, I can walk up to any pharmacy and buy 96 tabs today. Getting a prescription written is turning out to be a pain. My regular doc (who hasn't seen me for 12 months) has to see me, and has a month-long wait list. Teladoc - provided by my travel insurance provider - won't prescribe pseudoephedrine because they claim it's a DEA-controlled medication, even though the list on their very site doesn't list it.

So it's not really getting the substance that's causing the issue, but getting a "doctor's note" for it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.