Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Heading to San Jose del Cabo from LAX

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2011, 9:38 pm
Original Poster

Heading to San Jose del Cabo from LAX

I'm trying to find a reasonably priced fare for the 2 hour flight from LA to Los Cabos on 23rd Nov and all I see is flights priced $650 and upwards which is absolutely ridiculous for a 1.5 hr flight! I went to Cabo 2 yrs ago and remember paying $330 or so for my roundtrip so prices have doubled.

Volaris has a flight for $148 roundtrip but it leaves from Tijuana which is an hour's drive from me (I am in OC). It arrives in La Paz. I don't mind making the drive to Tijuana.

Have a few questions - is it safe to cross the border into Tijuana can catch a cab to the airport? What about La Paz - San Jose del Cabo, are there direct buses to/from? How is the safety situation in La Paz area?
Old Oct 8, 2011, 11:09 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by k374
I'm trying to find a reasonably priced fare for the 2 hour flight from LA to Los Cabos on 23rd Nov and all I see is flights priced $650 and upwards which is absolutely ridiculous for a 1.5 hr flight! I went to Cabo 2 yrs ago and remember paying $330 or so for my roundtrip so prices have doubled.

Volaris has a flight for $148 roundtrip but it leaves from Tijuana which is an hour's drive from me (I am in OC). It arrives in La Paz. I don't mind making the drive to Tijuana.

Have a few questions - is it safe to cross the border into Tijuana can catch a cab to the airport? What about La Paz - San Jose del Cabo, are there direct buses to/from? How is the safety situation in La Paz area?
There's a taxi stand within 50 meters of the border crossing, and it's perfectly safe, as that is the most patrolled 50 meter in all of Tijuana.

La Paz is pretty safe, and there are certainly buses to San Jose del Cabo, but I am not aware of the schedule, and I believe that they leave from downtown, not from La Paz airport, though.

BTW, you probably would get more responses to this if you posted this in the Destinations section under Mexico
Old Oct 8, 2011, 11:18 pm

I'm trying to find a reasonably priced fare for the 2 hour flight from LA to Los Cabos on 23rd Nov and all I see is flights priced $650 and upwards which is absolutely ridiculous for a 1.5 hr flight!
What do you expect? Of course, prices are going to be high during the Thanksgiving period.

Have a few questions - is it safe to cross the border into Tijuana can catch a cab to the airport?
As the previous poster answered, it is completely safe.
Old Oct 8, 2011, 11:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hyderago
What do you expect? Of course, prices are going to be high during the Thanksgiving period.

As the previous poster answered, it is completely safe.
well, but I can fly to Cancun on the same dates for the exact same price but it is a 6 hr flight so it didn't make much sense.
Old Oct 9, 2011, 9:33 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Please follow the thread as it moves to the Travel->Mexico forum. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz
Old Oct 9, 2011, 9:52 am

well, but I can fly to Cancun on the same dates for the exact same price but it is a 6 hr flight so it didn't make much sense.
Distances don't mean anything. A trip from LAX to CUN may be $600 while flights from LAX to Europe (several times the distance) are under $1000.

It's all about supply and demand. I guess there is a lot of demand to Cabo San Jose because it's a quick trip (or because it seems safer) than Cancun.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.