Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Question for Chris -- Holland America Cruise Rewards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2004, 8:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC

I've used these rewards twice, and am thinking about trading in some points again. I'm wondering, though...

- Why don't you offer the ability to trade in points on ANY Holland America cruise, not just the few itineraries that are listed?
- Why not let guests trade in more points for upgraded cabins rather than limited the reward to a basic cabin which the guest then needs to pay to upgrade if they want?
- The website says that all Holland America cruise reward certificates must be used by June 30, 1995. Does that imply the relationship will be ending then?
Old Jul 14, 2004, 10:07 am
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge

Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
- Why don't you offer the ability to trade in points on ANY Holland America cruise, not just the few itineraries that are listed?
- Why not let guests trade in more points for upgraded cabins rather than limited the reward to a basic cabin which the guest then needs to pay to upgrade if they want?
DJ,

My apologies for not responding sooner. In answer to your first and second question, the number of cruise rewards we offer along with the type of cabin they cover was determined by a contractual agreement between Marriott and Holland America.

- The website says that all Holland America cruise reward certificates must be used by June 30, 1995. Does that imply the relationship will be ending then?
The expirate date listed online is reflective of the date our contract with Holland America expires. Sometime before that date the contract will be renewed once more creating a new expirate date accordingly.

If you have any other questions I will be happy to answer them to the best of my ability.

Thanks!

Chris J.
Old Jul 14, 2004, 5:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Thanks, Chris, for the answers. And there's no need to apologize for the delay in responding--I know you were on vacation!

Given that the exact cruise itineraries available for point redemption are negotiated in a contract that is changed/renewed every couple of years, is there any chance that you'll be surveying Marriott Rewards members (especially those that have used these rewards in the past) to see which cruises would have the most demand or provide the highest customer satisfaction were they to be available? At the very least I'd be happy to share my thoughts if anyone in SLC were to ask...
Old Jul 15, 2004, 5:17 pm
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge

Thanks, Chris, for the answers. And there's no need to apologize for the delay in responding--I know you were on vacation!

Given that the exact cruise itineraries available for point redemption are negotiated in a contract that is changed/renewed every couple of years, is there any chance that you'll be surveying Marriott Rewards members (especially those that have used these rewards in the past) to see which cruises would have the most demand or provide the highest customer satisfaction were they to be available? At the very least I'd be happy to share my thoughts if anyone in SLC were to ask...
Anything is possible however, if you want to pass on your suggestions, I would recommend filling out the online form.

https://marriott.com/suggest/suggest.mi

Thanks!

Chris

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.