Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Renaissance New York City Midtown [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 6, 2016, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bennos
  • Lobby & executive lounge are located on the 6th floor.
  • Lounge is open on weekends for soft drinks only. Breakfast on weekends at the restaurant - voucher for continental breakfast and tip. (Not $30/$60 credit as of October 2016.)
    • As of July 2021, the Lounge remains closed "due to COVID" probably at least until September
  • Executive lounge has no espresso machine and coffee/tea are only available during breakfast and evening cocktail hours.
  • No option to buy beer/wine/cocktails in executive lounge - need to order from lobby bar.
Print Wikipost

Renaissance New York City Midtown [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2016, 7:38 pm

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
Looks like you can't book until the 3rd week of April. I just booked for 4/19 - 4/21.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 8:10 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Outside our new buildings location on 35th St. & Fashion Ave
Ah, "Fashion Ave", the only name perhaps less used than "Avenue of the Americas". I suspect 9 out of 10 New Yorkers have no idea where Fashion Ave is. At least we're used to making fun of people who say "Avenue of the Americas".
Old Jan 19, 2016, 10:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by bennos
Ah, "Fashion Ave", the only name perhaps less used than "Avenue of the Americas". I suspect 9 out of 10 New Yorkers have no idea where Fashion Ave is. At least we're used to making fun of people who say "Avenue of the Americas".
Old Feb 3, 2016, 10:46 am

Another press release by Marriott re: the property; excerpts:

http://news.marriott.com/2016/02/ren...the-citys.html

Renaissance New York Midtown Hotel Sets The Bar As The City’s First Living Digital Hotel

Groundbreaking Ambient Intelligence Technology Responds to Human Movement, Creating Innovative “Living” Hotel and Virtual Concierge Experiences Inside, While a Four-Story LED Clock at the Top of the Building Enhances the Skyline

Guests and visitors entering the hotel from either 34th or 35th Streets will interact with stunning digital displays projected along the corridor, a passage which spans the length of the block. The display does not change on its own, it only responds to human movement, and the interaction between guests and the wall creates a visual tapestry of subtle, organic graphics.

At the elevator bank near the 34th Street entrance, guests will find specially-curated digital imagery featuring local artists and neighborhood experiences, showcasing the ever-changing tapestry of the city and the energy of the surrounding Garment District. Timed to mirror the opening and closing of the elevators, the projected digital displays will always be evolving, to offer surprising moments every time a guest steps in or out.

Part of the “living” element of the guest experience will be the hotel’s virtual concierge, located in an alcove between the 34th Street entrance and the elevators. A large screen comes to life when a user steps onto words projected on the floor, activating a wealth of information including local cuisine, live music, theater, shopping and other hyper-local activities

Another highly-anticipated digital aspect of the hotel is the four-story LED clock at the top of the building. Facing north and south, the clock’s imagery will continuously change so that the illustration changes every second for a total of 86,400 images every day. Various eclectic styles and colors will enhance the city skyline and bring the hotel to life for all to enjoy. A replica clock, mirrored in real time, is located over the 34th Street entrance for guests to view as they walk into the hotel.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 3:01 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Has anyone stayed here yet? I know it's only been open a few days. I am here next week for one night, as I have an early flight back to London, so it'll be handy for the LIRR.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 3:15 am

Theres is already one Review on tripadvisor
Old Mar 27, 2016, 4:07 am

Originally Posted by Axel Dresden
Theres is already one Review on tripadvisor
Thanks, Yes I'd seen that. Just wondered if there was any other opinions so far.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by chistery
Has anyone stayed here yet? I know it's only been open a few days. I am here next week for one night, as I have an early flight back to London, so it'll be handy for the LIRR.
Please report back after your stay. Thx!

Cheers.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
there is now a 2nd review on tripadvisor ... sounds like they have a club lounge ^ Will be there next month ... looking forward to it
Old Mar 27, 2016, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer
there is now a 2nd review on tripadvisor ... sounds like they have a club lounge ^
Well the wiki for this property/thread (which was created in January) mentioned there is an exec lounge Look forward to your trip report

Cheers.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Well the wiki for this property/thread (which was created in January) mentioned there is an exec lounge Look forward to your trip report

Cheers.
I didn't see them sell any club rooms and before they actually opened (w/ positive confirmation!) I didn't want to assume
Old Mar 29, 2016, 5:34 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I just spent the night here.

This is a wonderful hotel.

Only 75 rooms are finished as of now.

Service is over the top.

Instead of complaining about the frosted shower/bedroom wall, Great News! You can watch TV while in the shower and plenty of room in the shower to have a "friend" or two join you.

I will post more details as I have time this week.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 7:51 am

Press release today:

http://news.marriott.com/2016/03/new...-time-out.html

Excerpt:

"Renaissance New York Midtown Hotel, the brand’s new, trailblazing destination in Manhattan which opened March 21, 2016, will bring Time Out New York, the ultimate insider’s city guide, directly to guests via an interactive, experiential digital platform.

The hotel’s team of “Navigators,” lifestyle concierges with hyper-local knowledge, will work in partnership with Time Out to curate this continuously changing database with detailed information on events, restaurants, shopping venues, shows, and other local discoveries near the hotel. Patrons seeking personalized recommendations based on unique interests and highly specialized requests can work directly with the Navigators at the “Navigator Table” located on the 6th floor lobby, while the hotel’s “Discovery Portal” will deliver an overview of current hotspots in the hotel’s neighborhood, the Garment District, and beyond.

Located between the hotel’s 34th and 35th street entrances, the Discovery Portal will come to life as guests easily activate prompts projected on the floor. Based on guest’s selections (including time of day and walking distance from the hotel in 5 to 20 minutes), exclusive Time Out content will appear on the colorful, interactive screen, ready for selection with just a point of the finger or tap of the foot."
Old Mar 30, 2016, 11:01 am

What's the over/under on raise to Cat 9 next year?
Old Mar 30, 2016, 11:46 am

Not sure I like the look of the blinds. I like a good blackout curtain when I'm away in a hotel. I want to be able to close the curtains and not know if it's day or night. Will report back after my weekend stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.