Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott's Look No Further-Best Rate Guaranteed Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott's Look No Further-Best Rate Guaranteed Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2016, 3:40 am

Originally Posted by kklems
Is is correct that I have to file my brg claim within 24 hours of my original booking time? If it has been longer I need to cancel my reservation and than rebook the room to submit the claim?
Yes.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 11:46 am

Should Elite benefits function as normal? Currently Marriott Gold. Booked the low rung bad view room to get the deal, which I am fine with taking but wouldn't turn down an upgrade on check in either? Also counting on Lounge/Breakfast allowance.

Had planned to use 45,000 points for a stay in the Beijing Renaissance(with choice of view), which is a pretty nice deal as is. Marriot is asking $160, Expedia has it posted for $138. If this goes through I should come out to $103.50.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by turin39789
Should Elite benefits function as normal? Currently Marriott Gold. Booked the low rung bad view room to get the deal, which I am fine with taking but wouldn't turn down an upgrade on check in either? Also counting on Lounge/Breakfast allowance.

Had planned to use 45,000 points for a stay in the Beijing Renaissance(with choice of view), which is a pretty nice deal as is. Marriot is asking $160, Expedia has it posted for $138. If this goes through I should come out to $103.50.
Yes.
I've also been pretty lucky getting nice upgrades on my LNF rates. Platinum status.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 1:49 pm

Some success to report. Got the rate approved, but not quite as low as I had expected. I had originally selected a getaway package on Marriott's site, because it was the lowest priced, but it included breakfast. So instead of matching me to Expedia's $138 rate, they matched me to a $151 rate that includes breakfast.

Can I go back and dispute, or go back and book a standard room on the Marriott site without breakfast(for a little more money) and try to pricematch that one? Not a major difference, $113 vs $103, but money is money.

Another option is to not count on getting an upgrade and if I can get a match I could book club level for $134 or a suite for $171.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Some success to report. Got the rate approved, but not quite as low as I had expected. I had originally selected a getaway package on Marriott's site, because it was the lowest priced, but it included breakfast. So instead of matching me to Expedia's $138 rate, they matched me to a $151 rate that includes breakfast.

Can I go back and dispute, or go back and book a standard room on the Marriott site without breakfast(for a little more money) and try to pricematch that one? Not a major difference, $113 vs $103, but money is money.

Another option is to not count on getting an upgrade and if I can get a match I could book club level for $134 or a suite for $171.
If you are Gold, why book breakfast rate? You don't get anything extra. Keep this LNF and file another one if I were you.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by nacho
If you are Gold, why book breakfast rate? You don't get anything extra. Keep this LNF and file another one if I were you.
I originally wasn't paying much attention and grabbed the lowest rate. The breakfast rate was the same as the non-breakfast rate and listed first. Noticed they actually dropped the breakfast rate cheaper than the non for a bit after my LNF.

Went ahead and booked a second reservation yesterday and filed a LNF on it. Oddly no response, so resubmitted this morning.

Meeting some friends there who are Platinum, they attempted to repeat, got denied, appealed, got approved at the lower pricematch but with a 400 CNY service charge tacked on.

Last edited by turin39789; Apr 15, 2016 at 8:08 am
Old Apr 15, 2016, 12:37 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Should Elite benefits function as normal? Currently Marriott Gold. Booked the low rung bad view room to get the deal, which I am fine with taking but wouldn't turn down an upgrade on check in either?
Got very nice upgrade on LNF rate at Ren St Pancras.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 1:33 pm

Mission accomplished.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 2:25 pm
CL9

Programs: MR Platinum, QRPC Platinum
Has anybody got a deny with the same reason too? They looked at the "Terms and conditions" of the website and found this text.
But in my opinion it is normal that they check payment before they approve reservation.

According to the Terms and Conditions of Marriott's Look No Further(SM) Best Rate Guarantee, a comparison rate must be reservable by the general public and be verifiable by Marriott. According to our review of the site with which your comparison was made, reservations are not confirmed to guests at the time of the initial transaction. We are unable to verify your comparison as reservation requests made via this source are considered in the following manner:

A reservation is not complete until a confirmed booking reference is provided, which will be after credit card approval has been received from your card issuer and the supplier has confirmed your reservation. Until such time, the fare and availability is subject to change.

For this reason, we must deny your claim under the terms of Marriott's Look No Further(SM) Best Rate Guarantee program.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by CL9
Has anybody got a deny with the same reason too? They looked at the "Terms and conditions" of the website and found this text.
But in my opinion it is normal that they check payment before they approve reservation.
Yes I did a few weeks ago.

But when I went back to the site I used, I saw somewhere in a box where it stated confirmation guaranteed ( or something like that). Emailed them back and next one I received had my LNF rate.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 11:03 am

Programs: Marriott titanium elite, Hilton Diamond
I found a much lower rate on a competing website (around $100), so booked the new member rate on the marriott site as it was the lowest rate (around $250).
But got denied because I made a reservation using the Marriott rate.

Initially I thought they were doing the member rate to undercut competing websites, so it would make it harder to do LNF.
But it looks like we have to make a reservation using the normal rate on the marriott website, if we want to do an LNF.
Doesn't make much sense, but oh well.

"Thank you for submitting a claim for Marriott's Look No Further(SM) Best Rate Guarantee. We received a claim from you for the following reservation:

Hotel name: Q&C HotelBar New Orleans, Autograph Collection
Reservation confirmation number: xxxxxxxx
Check-in date: July 5

We have determined that your claim included a rate that is not publicly available and is, instead, offered to the following travelers:

Marriott Reward Member

According to the Terms and Conditions of Marriott's Look No Further(SM) Best Rate Guarantee, the guarantee does not apply to rates that are not publicly available, such as negotiated corporate or group rates, or discount rates offered only to members of groups or individuals who meet previously-specified criteria, including AAA members, seniors, government employees, or Marriott Rewards members."
Old Apr 30, 2016, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by sutho
I found a much lower rate on a competing website (around $100), so booked the new member rate on the marriott site as it was the lowest rate (around $250).
But got denied because I made a reservation using the Marriott rate.

Initially I thought they were doing the member rate to undercut competing websites, so it would make it harder to do LNF.
But it looks like we have to make a reservation using the normal rate on the marriott website, if we want to do an LNF.
Doesn't make much sense, but oh well.

"Thank you for submitting a claim for Marriott's Look No Further(SM) Best Rate Guarantee. We received a claim from you for the following reservation:

Hotel name: Q&C HotelBar New Orleans, Autograph Collection
Reservation confirmation number: xxxxxxxx
Check-in date: July 5

We have determined that your claim included a rate that is not publicly available and is, instead, offered to the following travelers:

Marriott Reward Member

According to the Terms and Conditions of Marriott's Look No Further(SM) Best Rate Guarantee, the guarantee does not apply to rates that are not publicly available, such as negotiated corporate or group rates, or discount rates offered only to members of groups or individuals who meet previously-specified criteria, including AAA members, seniors, government employees, or Marriott Rewards members."
You are doing this wrong. You must book the lowest COMPARABLE rate, not the lowest rate overall.

So if you book with breakfast you must compare to a rate with breakfast and so on ..

Always book the BAR rate if you want a successful LNF
Old Apr 30, 2016, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by cfischer
You are doing this wrong. You must book the lowest COMPARABLE rate, not the lowest rate overall.

So if you book with breakfast you must compare to a rate with breakfast and so on ..

Always book the BAR rate if you want a successful LNF
Yes, I know how to do LNF, just thought it was funny they denied it because of their own rate being a member only rate on the marriott website.
Besides that, both rates were comparable, and they could plainly see that the $100 comparable rate on a competing website was much lower.

All I had to do was cancel the booking on marriott, re-book the normal everyday rate and then do another LNF
Old May 1, 2016, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by sutho
Yes, I know how to do LNF
then I am confused why you even posted this
Old May 3, 2016, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by cfischer
then I am confused why you even posted this
It's ok to be confused, not everyone can be smart.

I was pointing out to everyone not to accidentally make a booking using the new member's rate that is available to everyone that is a Marriott member, when doing a LNF.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.