Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New to Marriott - points

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2014, 11:28 am
Original Poster

New to Marriott - points

Hi, I'll be staying at my first Marriott in Bangkok (sukhumvit) in an exec level room for 6nts in a couple of weeks. I've signed up for the member card and referred a colleague who will also be staying to earn the extra points.

Does anyone know how many points I'm likely to earn from this trip and then where's the best place to look to decide how to spend them?

Many thanks
Old Oct 18, 2014, 11:57 am

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy LTT, HH Diam, UA Silver, USAF million miler ;)
You'll get 10 points per dollar, plus the referral bonus.

Generally, spend them when you are staying somewhere where the points save you something close to a penny each- e.g. a $400 room that you can get for 40,000 points.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 9:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Do you plan on staying at Marriotts in the future? Or is this more of a one-time thing?

If you become somewhat of a regular, then familiarize yourself with the bigger awards in the program....the Travel Packages, the 5-night awards, etc.

If you see yourself as an infrequent Marriott guest (or truly a one-timer), then you're probably going to earn enough in BKK for 1 award night somewhere, with the category of the award dependent upon your total spend during the six nights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.