Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When points don't post

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2014, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

When points don't post

I had a night recently not post (2 weeks ago). I called the hotel yesterday and was promised they see it, my number is there, they will look into it and call me back.

No one got back to me - I know there is a form that I can fill out and I am sure rewards will fix. The question is should I loudly complain to hotel (that I have stayed several times) and if yes, what or how many points do you think is fair compensation for my annoyance with their screw up.

Of course the was my 20th night on 8/31 the last night of mega bonus (so this stay posting is worth an extra 35k points).
Old Sep 12, 2014, 1:55 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Don't go through the hotel. Just fill out the form on the Marriott site.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Log into your Marriott account. Go to Account Activity then select the Missing Stay Request Form. Easier than fighting with the hotel.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 2:49 pm

Programs: UA PM (by 2MM), DL GM (by 3.5MM), Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by hm212
I had a night recently not post (2 weeks ago). I called the hotel yesterday and was promised they see it, my number is there, they will look into it and call me back.

No one got back to me - I know there is a form that I can fill out and I am sure rewards will fix. The question is should I loudly complain to hotel (that I have stayed several times) and if yes, what or how many points do you think is fair compensation for my annoyance with their screw up.

Of course the was my 20th night on 8/31 the last night of mega bonus (so this stay posting is worth an extra 35k points).
I always call marriott rewards - quick and easy. Never call the hotel...

Billy
Old Sep 12, 2014, 2:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by hm212
what or how many points do you think is fair compensation for my annoyance with their screw up.
None, but if you complain enough they might toss you a 1,000 to make you go away.

As others have noted, just fill out the form & fax or email it in & you'll get the points/night credit.

Cheers.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Definitely go corporate. Marriott isn't IHG - with IHG, corporate is not on the hotel's side and their hotels decide whether they feel like giving you a qualified stay or not.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 4:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I have both phoned and emailed the missing stay requests. They post quickly, although nobody can ever explain why it didn't post correctly to begin with. If I'm on the phone, I sometimes ask "Was something weird about this stay?" The answer is always no.

Last time I phoned (2 months ago), the agent was able to post the stay immediately. Points were in my account in 5 minutes. I was on the 2x points promo, and the promo points were correctly posted as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.