Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott Rewards’ MegaBonus opens August 13, 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 13, 2014, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
Register between August 13 and November 15, 2014 for your own personalized offer on stays between September 15, 2014 and January 15, 2015.

http://www.marriottrewards.com/MegaBonus2014

Offers people got:

Earn double points with every paid stay*, starting with your second stay, up to 25,000 bonus points

Earn 2500 bonus points with every paid stay*, starting with your second stay, up to 25,000 bonus points

Earn 25,000 bonus points after 12 paid nights, plus an additional 5,000 points after 18 paid nights, up to 30,000 bonus points

Earn 25,000 bonus points after 15 paid nights, plus an additional 15,000 points after 20 paid nights, up to 40,000 bonus points.

Earn 35,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights, plus an additional 15,000 points after 25 paid nights, up to 50,000 bonus points

Earn 35,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights, plus an additional 2,000 for every additional paid night, up to 55,000 bonus points

If you're not automatically enrolled for a MegaBonus offer when you login to your account, simply call up the Customer Service number (801-468-4000 or 800-450-4442 (tell The Robot who answers the 800 number that "I want to combine Marriott accounts" and you'll be transferred to a real person)) and you'll be assigned one of the offers.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Rewards’ MegaBonus opens August 13, 2014

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2014, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Bye-bye Marriott. Tired of your crummy new promos and crummy lower-end properties.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 3:53 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, SAS Eurobonus Silver, Connect Miles Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Disc.
Has anyone else NOT been offered a promotion?

I've never been let out on a mega bonus, but I still havent received an offer this time round.

Just wanna make sure, before I call them...
Old Aug 18, 2014, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
My offer is the standard 2x points after 1st say, 25k max.

Exactly what I wanted as I am unlikely to stay 20 nights and the Cat4-5 rooms are worthless to me. Marriott will probably snag 10 expensive nights at Hyatt's expense, LOL.

Originally Posted by nacho
Is it worth the $ to make an extra stay just to earn points? You only get double base points which is 10 points per USD. Maybe if your room rate is over USD200 per night. The ongoing rate for buying 1k MR points is USD13.
My first stay could be 5nt x $400/nt, so I'd be potentially passing up 20,000 bonus points. Valuing MR points at .007, the over/under on a mattress run is $140/nt. Of course if you can get .01 or more, the bonus value is higher.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Milkman
I am sure thousands have not. Happens every time. Just call.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 6:28 pm

Does anyone know if there is a Miles promo? I might switch after August 31 if it is good.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 6:34 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.

I've never been let out on a mega bonus, but I still havent received an offer this time round.

I was not offered a promo. Then I changed my preferences from miles to points and I was immediately offered a promo.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wine_lover
Does anyone know if there is a Miles promo? I might switch after August 31 if it is good.
If you can. Last promo cycle or two, only miles promos from a couple specific airlines were available, and while some people allowed to switch to a miles promo after maxing out a points promo, others (like me!) weren't (it said I was ineligible whenever I tried to sign up for the miles promo that came out after I had already been (automatically) registered for the points promo, even when I temporarily switched my earning prefernce to miles).

So effectively it seems you had to be targeted for doing both to be able to do both.

Now, I don't know about totally switching (ie, giving up the points promo).
Old Aug 20, 2014, 7:06 pm

I would switch after August 30th to take advantage of the current summer points promo. I still have a few more stays in August. As long as I don't register for the next points promo then it shouldn't be a problem switching although it doesn't make sense if there isn't a Fall Miles promo.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 9:08 pm

I like the idea of Marriott Megabonus promotions but I hate the system which gives them out. I think Marriott needs to offer fewer choices but just let people pick their own promotion. I spend less nights at Marriott then I would if I could just pick my own and not try to call and beg.

I got the double points starting with second stay which is the same promotion I have this promo period and have not stayed any paid nights due to the at least for me weak promo. I suspect the same will occur this fall.

My stay patterns put me in locations with cheap hotels and frequently the best Marriott in town is a fairfield inn. To hit 25,000 with double points would be a lot of nights and more then it is worth.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 12:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM

Me!!!!!
Old Sep 9, 2014, 9:32 am

Programs: IHG Plat, Marriott Plat
Sorry if this is something that has been asked already but will a stay that starts before Sep 15 and ends after Sep 15 be counted as a first stay (or nights counted if a nights based offer)?
Old Sep 9, 2014, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If stay based it will count as a stay. If night based, the nights within the period will count, and the nights outside will not.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 12:35 pm

Excellent. Thanks, VickiSoCal!
Old Sep 10, 2014, 9:57 am

Programs: IHG PC - Plat, HHonors - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Has anyone been able to switch from nights promotion (x nts for x points) into the 2500 points for each stay starting with second stay? Just curious as in last quarters promo I was told by multiple csr's that the promo I wanted was targeted and would not allow them to switch me into it. I won't hit any of the night thresholds but the 2500 pts for each stay (I typically do 1 nt stays) could generate some points. Thank you
Old Sep 12, 2014, 12:04 am

Originally Posted by ncgator
Has anyone been able to switch from nights promotion (x nts for x points) into the 2500 points for each stay starting with second stay?
I was able to do that kind of switch.

It's manual tracking, though. I have to send a copy of my receipt after every stay so they can add the points. Not too convenient but doable of course.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.