Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott Rewards’ MegaBonus opens August 13, 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 13, 2014, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
Register between August 13 and November 15, 2014 for your own personalized offer on stays between September 15, 2014 and January 15, 2015.

http://www.marriottrewards.com/MegaBonus2014

Offers people got:

Earn double points with every paid stay*, starting with your second stay, up to 25,000 bonus points

Earn 2500 bonus points with every paid stay*, starting with your second stay, up to 25,000 bonus points

Earn 25,000 bonus points after 12 paid nights, plus an additional 5,000 points after 18 paid nights, up to 30,000 bonus points

Earn 25,000 bonus points after 15 paid nights, plus an additional 15,000 points after 20 paid nights, up to 40,000 bonus points.

Earn 35,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights, plus an additional 15,000 points after 25 paid nights, up to 50,000 bonus points

Earn 35,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights, plus an additional 2,000 for every additional paid night, up to 55,000 bonus points

If you're not automatically enrolled for a MegaBonus offer when you login to your account, simply call up the Customer Service number (801-468-4000 or 800-450-4442 (tell The Robot who answers the 800 number that "I want to combine Marriott accounts" and you'll be transferred to a real person)) and you'll be assigned one of the offers.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Rewards’ MegaBonus opens August 13, 2014

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2014, 1:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by wethereyet
Marriott is offering what is the min they can offer and know they won't lose any biz to other chains. Until another chain gives a much better offering, the Megabonus will never increase. Next time it will happen is the next travel crash due to bad recession, etc.
While we don't agree on other things, we are in agreement on this.

Cheers.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As an MR Plat, I automatically got signed up for:
Earn 35,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights, plus an additional 15,000 points after 25 paid nights, up to 50,000 bonus points
I just called up and was able to get switched to:
Earn 35,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights, plus an additional 2,000 for every additional paid night, up to 55,000 bonus points
I was given the "exception" language, but I'm sure that's in the script they're required to read. (This is not the first time I've had my promo changed.)

As usual, I was told that the computer will post according to the promo I was originally issued, and then if I stay up to 30 nights then the additional 5k bonus points will be posted by the agent manually.

Now, what's interesting is that the agent gave me the internal number of each promotion. She said I had been originally given promotion 6 ("up to 50k"), and the promotion I was switching to was promotion 5 ("up to 55k").

Sorry, I don't know the promotion numbers for the rest of the promotions, and as you can see, they're not in ascending order of "up to" points amount, so they could be in just about any order.

Also, the representative gave me her extension, so that I could call her back directly in the future if I wished. Is that common?
Old Aug 15, 2014, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lsugolfer
35k for 20 paid nights

2,000 for each additional, capped at 55k points. I'm assuming the "capped at 55k" is in addition to the 35k so basically its 55k for 30 nights.
This is what I got, as a Platinum this year with 108 nights so far, and probably another 80-100 nights more this year. Getting this bonus will be easy for me.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 8:56 pm

Programs: ua S, marriott P, hilton G, ihg P
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Also, the representative gave me her extension, so that I could call her back directly in the future if I wished. Is that common?
nvr happened to me.. u must know how to small talk..
Old Aug 15, 2014, 10:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium; UA 1K; Hertz Presidents Club
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Happened to me earlier today as well. I was surprised. Wonder if that is new and will continue?
Old Aug 15, 2014, 11:32 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, Marriott PP/LT Plat, Golden Circle Diamond
Originally Posted by mindrisa
Happened to me earlier today as well. I was surprised. Wonder if that is new and will continue?
They have always done this if you change the promo as it has to be manually tracked.

It's also why they tell you that even if you complete the nights quickly, it can still take until the end of the promo to correctly show the change and credit to the account.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I made lifetime Platinum this year. Got offered the 55K bonus.

I started working on Hilton Diamond challenge but so far both hotels I stayed at were non-participating. So, I guess do the minimum with HHonors and move back to Marriott for this one...

With United going $ based RDM, I think Marriott points are worth more to me - if they don't change the conversion rate.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 1:23 am

Originally Posted by username
I made lifetime Platinum this year. Got offered the 55K bonus.

I started working on Hilton Diamond challenge but so far both hotels I stayed at were non-participating. So, I guess do the minimum with HHonors and move back to Marriott for this one...

With United going $ based RDM, I think Marriott points are worth more to me - if they don't change the conversion rate.
True on the RDM but as I'm sure you know in the calculations there's all kinds of caveats. Easier to use UA card for everyday purchases for miles and the flying and hotels to go to the MR card if you travel a fair amount.

But agree that MR points are probably worth more unless you get saver awards to the flights you want. Standard award levels then MR points definitely >>> UA RDM
Old Aug 16, 2014, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They have always done this if you change the promo as it has to be manually tracked.

It's also why they tell you that even if you complete the nights quickly, it can still take until the end of the promo to correctly show the change and credit to the account.
Not true. The whole reason I was surprised was because this was the first time I had been given a direct extension by an agent, even though it was at least the second time I had changed a promo. (And the previous time was less than a year ago.)

Ie, both times I was told it was manually tracked, but only this most recent time was I given the agent's extension (and not phrased as "if you have more questions about this promo change", but "if you need help with anything else").

... But I just realized, I don't know how to dial that extension (it's just 4 digits). Do I tell it to the robot? Do I punch in the 4 digits while the robot is yakking?
Old Aug 17, 2014, 9:18 pm

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
This is every marketeer's nightmare: I signed up for the 10 stays after the first stay for 25,000 points. But the bonus isn't sufficient to influence my reservation decisions one iota, thereby making any extra points merely a non-revenue producing cost to Marriott.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 12:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But agree that MR points are probably worth more unless you get saver awards to the flights you want. Standard award levels then MR points definitely >>> UA RDM
Huh?
Old Aug 18, 2014, 4:57 am

Originally Posted by username
Huh?
Simple logic if you follow UA saver awards vs MR points. Do the math...
Old Aug 18, 2014, 5:05 am

Originally Posted by Jailer
This is every marketeer's nightmare: I signed up for the 10 stays after the first stay for 25,000 points. But the bonus isn't sufficient to influence my reservation decisions one iota, thereby making any extra points merely a non-revenue producing cost to Marriott.
But you stayed enough to get the 25k......

Marriott still made money off you.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 7:35 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by Jailer
This is just a me too promotion. Marriott is matching the industry here, no one else is going above and beyond to sway customers so Marriott doesn't have to either. Their previous versions had too much cost associated with them, and perhaps weren't inducing the incremental spend they had wished for.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 12:27 pm

Programs: Auto shop by CHO Frequent Oil Changer; Kayak Incognito Mode Platinum
No certs means this promo does little for me, but I'll freely admit in the past few years I gamed cheapest room rates-->certs about as hard as possible short of pure mattress running. So some tiny fraction of it is probably my fault. ;-)

For my planned stays this fall, MR-affiliated hotels are reliably running $30+/night more expensive where I need to be. Without a certs promo, that's not a winning equation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.