Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott-family hotels in Bangkok, Thailand, pre-2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott-family hotels in Bangkok, Thailand, pre-2014

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2011, 8:16 am

Just to echo the sentiments of others - great lounge. Too easy to fill up in the evening on the food in the lounge and miss sampling the good food available in restaurants/stalls in the vicinity.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 9:10 am

The J.W. Marriott in BKK is truly a spectacular hotel and the lounge is one of the best in the Marriott system.

With regards to hospitals in BKK, my Mother (who is a physician) raved about Bumrungrad hospital stating that it ran better than the hospital she is on staff in the states.

She waited less than 90 minutes to be seen by a physician and when the treating physician discovered that she was a physician herself, he apparently was so proud of his hospital that after treating my mother (stitching up her hand) he took her on a tour.

While I do agree that most U.S. hotels are nowhere near as attentive as those overseas (especially ASIA) there are a few exceptions.

The Memphis Marriott downtown has a lounge attendant who really looks after her guests, ensuring that they are well taken care of. She remembers my favorite lounge dishes and order them when knows that I am coming into town.

Another example is the San Mateo Marriott which really has a well run lounge with very attentive employees who do look after their guests.

Dan
Old Jun 1, 2011, 7:58 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
JW Marriott BKK vs Conrad BKK

I've got my first trip to Bangkok at the end of the year.
I've been reading threads on the Marriott forum and Hilton forum to decide between the Conrad and the JW, both of which are available for about the same $$ during my stay.

I had a PM from another FT member who had some observations about the 2 properties.

So my question is for those who have stayed at both. How do they compare with regard to location, room type and exec lounge.

I'm Diamond with Hilton and Gold with Marriott.

I'm posting on both forums, so please don't flame for the duplicate posts
Old Jun 1, 2011, 8:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
I'd stay at the JW as it's got a great exec lounge, pool area, near to SkyTrain, many restaurants, nightlife, shopping while Conrad is near US Embassy but thats about it!

Originally Posted by Tomphot
I've got my first trip to Bangkok at the end of the year.
I've been reading threads on the Marriott forum and Hilton forum to decide between the Conrad and the JW, both of which are available for about the same $$ during my stay.

I had a PM from another FT member who had some observations about the 2 properties.

So my question is for those who have stayed at both. How do they compare with regard to location, room type and exec lounge.

I'm Diamond with Hilton and Gold with Marriott.

I'm posting on both forums, so please don't flame for the duplicate posts
Old Jun 8, 2011, 10:34 pm
Company Representative - Conrad Bangkok

Hi Tomphot,

Thank you for considering Conrad Bangkok in your travels through Thailand!

As a Diamond HHonors member, you will be given My Way choices upon check-in:

1. Free High Speed Internet Access (50 Mbps) throughout your stay
2. Choice between room upgrade or 1000 Bonus Points.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions regarding this and I look forward to seeing you here at Conrad Bangkok.

Pittrapim Arora
Marketing Manager eCommerce
+662 690 9999
[email protected]
Old Jun 9, 2011, 1:50 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Originally Posted by Conradbkk
Hi Tomphot,

Thank you for considering Conrad Bangkok in your travels through Thailand!

As a Diamond HHonors member, you will be given My Way choices upon check-in:

1. Free High Speed Internet Access (50 Mbps) throughout your stay
2. Choice between room upgrade or 1000 Bonus Points.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions regarding this and I look forward to seeing you here at Conrad Bangkok.

Pittrapim Arora
Marketing Manager eCommerce
+662 690 9999
[email protected]
But as Gold with Marriott you get lounge access, free internet, up to three items of clothing pressed free of charge each day and free local calls....
Old Jun 9, 2011, 5:10 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
JW.....all of the way. Its an experience not to be missed!
Old Jun 9, 2011, 10:14 am

Programs: Avis First, Hertz Gold, Marriott Platinum, US Airways Platinum, AA Platinum, UA Silver, Hilton Diamo
Was at the JW two years ago in BKK - amazing. The lounge is great and at the time there was a daily happy hour w/ beer (singha, chang) and wine. Pool, gym et all was top notch.

Right across the street from the elevated train and there is a indoor bridge across the street connecting you to the mall. We loved it.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 10:25 am
Community Director Emerita

I've stayed at both and am top tier in both programs. You won't go wrong with either. They are both good hotels with excellent executive lounges. They are just a few blocks apart, with the Marriott being closer to the SkyTrain.

I have a mild preference for the Conrad. It is a more elegant hotel. I like it that it is attached to a mini shopping center. You can stay in air conditioning to walk into it. There are a couple places for foot reflexology, as well as a range of other shops.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 12:28 pm

Programs: UA PM (by 2MM), DL GM (by 3.5MM), Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I've stayed at both and am top tier in both programs. You won't go wrong with either. They are both good hotels with excellent executive lounges. They are just a few blocks apart, with the Marriott being closer to the SkyTrain.

I have a mild preference for the Conrad. It is a more elegant hotel. I like it that it is attached to a mini shopping center. You can stay in air conditioning to walk into it. There are a couple places for foot reflexology, as well as a range of other shops.
I haven't stayed at the Conrad, but I have been going to the JW for many years. Last time I was there, I discovered to my horror, that my favorite trainer "Boy", had moved to the Conrad. Really, he's the best personal trainer I've ever worked with anywhere.

Anyone staying there, and interested in that kind of service, should look him up! Next time I'm there, I'm probably going over there to work out with him.

Billy
Old Jun 10, 2011, 6:35 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
I love this property. I will be going back next week maybe for the last time....
very sad. The lounge was superb.
The rooms need some updates though.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 6:56 am

Programs: MR Gold, LH FTL (*S), Hyatt Plat, HH Gold, Sixt Plat
Anantara is however a well-established and rather high-end hotel chain in Thailand. They also took over the former Radisson Sathorn (Narathiwat).
Old Jun 10, 2011, 7:15 am

Programs: VA Platinum, QF Lifetime silver (ex plat :(), Accor Gold, IHG Ambassador, PC Platinum, Starwood Gold
i love it here too and was in touch with the manager a while ago (who has always been very helpful) - he said he is staying on, so I think other than points it could end up being a good thing. we will be there next month for a few nights
Old Jun 10, 2011, 7:52 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Marriott Vacation Club
Originally Posted by Chris26WI
i got cocktails at the Ren - between 6.30 pm and 8.00 pm every day, there's even a barman (or bargirl) present at these times taking care of the drink orders
I had a good time at the Ren Club lounge. They serve full breakfast daily from 6-10am. High tea from 3-5 and Evening food fr 6-8. Alcohol is available from 4.30 - 8.30pm. Any time in between those times, there is a coffee machine where you can churn out your own espresso, cappuccinos, high quality tea bags, canned drinks (Pepsi, diet, 7-up, water), cookies, nuts, dried fruits, etc.

There is just so much to eat at this lounge. Great stay.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 1:57 pm
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
Had a great stay again. Love the lounge and the style of the Hotel.
Another guest told me the rooftop bar is now open but didnt check it.
Check-In/Check-Out could be more efficient though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.