Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Ritz Carlton
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton credit card from Chase

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 21, 2016, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
There is a complementary thread about the new R-C card on the Chase UR Forum here: Ritz-Carloton Visa Infinite
Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton credit card from Chase

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2014, 11:16 am

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Originally Posted by oneworld82
Question. I have the RC card already, and I booked myself 3 nights in Puerto Rico through a special travel agencies rate I have access to. Since I paid with my RC card, will I be eligible to:
1. Room upgrade at check in?
2. $100 statement credit?

Thanks!
1. Room upgrade at check in? No
2. $100 statement credit? No

The stay must be booked by calling reservations and requesting the offer (I think the code is ZR4, but it may not be bookable online anymore). Also, you cannot combine this offer with other special rates, packages, corporate codes, etc.

You're going to have to choose one deal or the other.
Old May 30, 2014, 9:28 pm

Thumbs down More expensive to use RC Visa Certs

Got this card several months back used one club upgrade certificate so far with my normal ABA rate. Tonight was told I would have to pay a rate that is $200 more than ABA rate in order to use the certificate I have. Makes this card worthless (and its $400 fee basically a huge waste of money) Tried a second reservation different property, dates, same deal. Just an FYI to those thinking this card might be worth it--not even close.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 9:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador/LTT AA PLT
Thumbs up

Just wonder if you can have this card and Marriott card at the same time?
I heard there is a no AF version for RC member, should I switch my Marriott member account to RZ account before applying so I can get this offer to work?

Thanks

Last edited by impinth06; Jun 1, 2014 at 9:56 pm
Old Jun 2, 2014, 8:42 pm

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Originally Posted by chelly1540
Got this card several months back used one club upgrade certificate so far with my normal ABA rate. Tonight was told I would have to pay a rate that is $200 more than ABA rate in order to use the certificate I have. Makes this card worthless (and its $400 fee basically a huge waste of money) Tried a second reservation different property, dates, same deal. Just an FYI to those thinking this card might be worth it--not even close.
There is value to be had from the card even if you don't use the club level certs. If you spend moderately, you get gold status. You get $300 in airline credit. You get the same bonus points as the marriott card + a 10% bonus each year. Oh, and you get airport lounge access. I think that value proposition is pretty good for a net cost of $95 (after you deduct the airline credit)
Old Jun 3, 2014, 11:34 am

@ Tommy yes I hear what your saying and there is some value--but if it comes down to the club level upgrade certificates leaning you towards this card understand from what I can see there is literally zero value in them--each time/property I have tried to use them the cost is more. I think its the principle--almost feels like as a consumer I am being scammed with the so called benefit. Lastly dollar for dollar we do much better with say the SPG card. Gold status, bonus far beyond 10%, and stay credits that get me to platinum much easier. Plus the fact that SPG's properties are far more easy to find.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 6:06 am

Programs: Southwest
It looks like the card bonus has changed from 70k points to a free night cert. Anyone know if an offer still exists for the 70k?
Old Jun 9, 2014, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by chelly1540
@ Tommy yes I hear what your saying and there is some value--but if it comes down to the club level upgrade certificates leaning you towards this card understand from what I can see there is literally zero value in them--each time/property I have tried to use them the cost is more. I think its the principle--almost feels like as a consumer I am being scammed with the so called benefit. Lastly dollar for dollar we do much better with say the SPG card. Gold status, bonus far beyond 10%, and stay credits that get me to platinum much easier. Plus the fact that SPG's properties are far more easy to find.
The 10% is an additional bonus at year end for all earned points, so essentially, marriott, air/car/dining, other spend, earns 5.5/2.2/1.1 points per dollar, respectively. So, combined with gold status you're earning 18 points per dollar when you're staying at marriott. That's not too shabby. If you happen to make plat then you're earning 20.5.

I agree with you on the club level certs. Ritz sent out a survey around this time last year to some cardhders that showed they were contemplating changes to the benefits, including removal of the club level certificates. Some of the ideas the floated were guaranteed suite upgrades, fewer club certs and $400 airline credit, and free breakfast if I recall.

They implemented some change that were mentioned in the survey, namely the 10% annual points bonus, platinum at $75k spend, providing the $100 resort credit when using the club cert, and bumping the airline credit from $200 to $300.

I have benefitted from the club cert a handful of times, but I agree, most of the time you can find a better package deal being offered by the hotel. Certain properties, like Cancun, where their club level room is. 400-700 a night more than the standard room can be decent places to use the cert. I also had luck with it in south beach on more than one occasion (that property tends to not have very appealing package deals for the club level).
Old Jun 12, 2014, 9:09 am

Thanks Tommy good info--I had heard they were thinking of changing the benefits. With a new card I guess its to be expected that tweaks will be needed. Thanks again for the info.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 9:00 am

Just an update, I was able to use the code F5BP to get the 140k bonus offer. Applied around early May. Finished spending and statement closed on 6/20. Points showed up in the account today. Also, I previously applied for the Marriott Premier CC and got the 70k offer.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 12:26 pm

Programs: Southwest
Thought I'd share a data point on a card bonus offer. I applied and was approved today over the phone for a 140k RC point offer that's been floating around, and was presumed to be expired. The 140k offer includes a $395 AF not waived, you just have to give them offer code F5BP! There is also a 70k offer with the AF waived using offer code F53K. Both include the same perks ($300 credit, etc) as public offer of 1 night in a RC cat 1-4.

I used my Marriott rewards #, and once the pts post I'll have 300k MR pts, and am purchasing a vacation package for 7 nights in a cat 6 and 120k SW points!
Old Jun 26, 2014, 4:04 am

Originally Posted by perdue
Thought I'd share a data point on a card bonus offer. I applied and was approved today over the phone for a 140k RC point offer that's been floating around, and was presumed to be expired. The 140k offer includes a $395 AF not waived, you just have to give them offer code F5BP! There is also a 70k offer with the AF waived using offer code F53K. Both include the same perks ($300 credit, etc) as public offer of 1 night in a RC cat 1-4.

I used my Marriott rewards #, and once the pts post I'll have 300k MR pts, and am purchasing a vacation package for 7 nights in a cat 6 and 120k SW points!
Glad to see you're using the points for the vacation package, beyond this use, the 70k for ~$400 has never seemed worth it to me.
Old Jun 29, 2014, 9:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: DeltaPrivateJet, Ritz PP, Delta 4 million miler - Flying Colonel; AA Exec Plat (3 million + USAir)
Originally Posted by ohmark
Wonder how, or if, this works in conjunction with a Marriott Rewards member. Thought you could only belong to one or the other. So, would you have to convert your MR account to RCR in order to receive the benefits of the card (such as the 50,000 RCR bonus points)? The guaranteed upgrade (at booking, upon availability) to club level is a significant perk.
There is no upgrade to the club floor at Ritz

). You do get 3 free / year at regular rates. I have used them all, with the last at the Marina del Rey

If you spend >$65,000 the first year, you get platinum status which gets you club floor at Marriotts but not at Ritz

Also, you have to decide if you like Marriott or SPG hotels best. With the platinum status, it is hard to beat the Marriott brand

Since AmEx Centurian stopped the Ritx extras, the Ritz card has served me well

Last edited by BeatCal; Jun 29, 2014 at 9:48 pm
Old Jun 30, 2014, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by perdue

Ahhhhhh!!! I wish I had seen this thread before I applied for the card yesterday.

I just called Chase, and they said unfortunately unless I have a 12digit offer code, they cannot apply the offer codes to the account now. Ugh, I feel so silly right now, I could've saved $395 for the first year at least.

Anyone know any other way I may be able to get the offer code applied after the fact?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!
Old Jun 30, 2014, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by mtrsprt56
Ahhhhhh!!! I wish I had seen this thread before I applied for the card yesterday.

I just called Chase, and they said unfortunately unless I have a 12digit offer code, they cannot apply the offer codes to the account now. Ugh, I feel so silly right now, I could've saved $395 for the first year at least.

Anyone know any other way I may be able to get the offer code applied after the fact?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!
I received an offer code shortly after spending a night at the local Half Moon Bay Ritz Carlton. I doubt there is anything you can do at this point.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 2:04 pm

-----

Last edited by mster; Apr 25, 2019 at 8:20 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.