Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Las Vegas Cosmopolitan Hotel [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 19, 2013, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
Hotel Website: The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, Autograph Collection
Official List of Cosmopolitan Bonvoy Elite Benefits: https://www.cosmopolitanlasvegas.com/marriott-bonvoy-at-the-cosmopolitan-of-las-vegas

The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, the only charges that qualify for Points are as follows:
- Room rate, room service food and beverage, in-room movies, phone calls and in-room minibar purchases
- Points cannot be earned on any other purchases at hotel outlets or for hotel services

The Cosmopolitan is a "resort," so basically the only elite benny is a possible upgrade. Elites are not exempt from the resort fee

Resort fee is $39+tax effective 01/01/2019. Also as of that date, parking (self & valet) is complimentary for hotel guests.

Cosmopolitan is exempt from providing free wifi to Plats per Marriott's T&Cs, however it is included with the mandatory $39 daily resort fee so there is still no extra charge to any guest for using it.

Platinums receive:

* use of Platinum check-in area (to the left of main desks)

* Platinum arrival gift is $10FB coupon or 1,000 points

* room upgrade (space available) - better luck on mid-week stays than weekend stays. sometimes a 'sandwich' (ie, bribe) to front desk does the trick.

* free tea/coffee 6am - noon in the plat lobby check-in area

* Wicked Spoon: Marriott Rewards Platinums (and PPs) get to use preferred line and get 15% discount when staying at the property. Just show your MR Plat or PP card.
You can book through Virtuoso as well as Amex FHR for complimentary breakfast buffet at Wicked spoon.

Resort fee:

* $39 (+ tax) per day for resort fee, which includes gym access, local + long distance calls, Wifi, pool access. The resort fee is not waived.

Receiving Bonvoy Points for a Stay:

Many have reported needing to follow up to have Marriott Bonvoy points manually posted post stay (they do not typically post automatically.) A tip is to email [email protected] shortly after a stay asking them to manually forward your folio to Marriott Bonvoy for processing.

Hat tip to billycwhatup for this:

* Identity points and MR points can not be earned on the same stay

Other tips

The Terrace Suites are the most common room type and are classified as studio and one bedroom, with options for King, 2 Queens with or without a fountain view. They are essentially the same size, however (10 sq ft difference), but the layouts differ.

The King Studio Suite has a standard bathroom with shower and tub, a living room area with large sitting area and an L shaped sofa and the bed is in a separate area, though not separated.

The King One BR Suite has the same kind of living room area, with the bedroom separated by sliding doors and the bathroom is larger, with a "soaking tub".

If you get a terrace suite of any kind with 2 Queens, the living area will be smaller.

And unless your room type is described as "fountain view", you aren't guaranteed it, though Platinum status will get you upgraded on check in if they have one available.

If you book any of these room types and want to aim higher, I would try a giving the receptionist a 50$ "sandwich", and ask if any wraparounds upgrades would be available. If they say yes, there is a good chance that it will be a wraparound facing south-east or south-west, which for me would be a no go. Taste in view is personal of course, but for me the fountain-Eiffel tower view are so much nicer than the south facing views. Also when you would have the choice between a low level wraparound or high level terrace suite, I would still take the high level terrace suite, because a number of floors on the east tower are blocked by the big Bellagio sign. (see youtube vids).

If you really want a high level wraparound then you probably would have to pay, which can sometimes be not that much. If I'm not mistaken I think they offered me a wraparound at 150$ per night more, but we originally booked a 1 bedroom terrace room without view.

Last tip : If you would get the choice of wraparound I would definitely take a high floor east tower one, facing north-east. That would give you bellagio fountain + eiffel tower view, but also a good portion of the south strip.

Print Wikipost

Las Vegas Cosmopolitan Hotel [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2015, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by nachosdelux
I stay at Wynn or Encore using AMEX PLAT FHR (Fine hotels and resorts.)

Free breakfast for 2 (at Tableau - awesome!), $100 spa credit, early check-in, late check-out, upgrade.

I also use the FHR benefit at Bellagio - same except it is a $100 food/beverage credit (worth more to me).

Night and day is how I would describe the treatment during a FHR stay versus a Cosmo stay as a Marriott Plat.

I enjoyed the Cosmo at first, but their treatment/benefits of Marriott Plats has gone downhill over the past 4 years, so I moved on to greener pastures.

The Wynn/Encore is service oriented, even for a "low spender" like me!

The Cosmo only seems to care how much $$ you spend there.

I generally stay doing the week when rates are more reasonable.

The great thing about Vegas is there are so many properties, that you are bound to find one that works for you.
Is this the platinum card with the $495 annual fee or just any Amex Platinum card? What is a typical room rate for the weekdays and weekends at the Wynn?
Old Jul 27, 2015, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by kit125
Reports this afternoon suggest that the pool has reopened (but partially walled off around and including the west bar). No impact to spa and gym. Rooms on 14th floor still out of service.

http://m.reviewjournal.com/news/las-...-saturday-fire
Amazing. I figured it would be closed for weeks. I love Vegas for many reasons and this is one. When money is to be made they get stuff open again and FAST!
Old Jul 27, 2015, 4:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by SacTownGuy
Amazing. I figured it would be closed for weeks. I love Vegas for many reasons and this is one. When money is to be made they get stuff open again and FAST!
still wouldn't stay there though.

Cheers
Old Jul 27, 2015, 5:37 pm

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
Originally Posted by qazw1
Is this the platinum card with the $495 annual fee or just any Amex Platinum card? What is a typical room rate for the weekdays and weekends at the Wynn?
It is the one with the $495 or so fee.

I go during the week and usually pay $179/night for the basic room

Weekends can be as low as $249
Old Jul 27, 2015, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by nachosdelux
It is the one with the $495 or so fee.

I go during the week and usually pay $179/night for the basic room

Weekends can be as low as $249
Thanks!
Old Jul 27, 2015, 10:20 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTT; IHG DiamondAmb; WoH Globalist; UA1K2MM; NationalEE; AvisPC; HertzPC
Originally Posted by rb23lb
nm - i think it was a onebedroom connecting suite that they upgraded from a standard studio to connect to my existing wraparound i am thinking of
OP was asking if Cosmo is still giving out wraparound upgrade to platinum member, and the answer is not any more unless you book a terrance suite. BUT, the OP was correct that they used to be very generous during the 1st year of operation. I got upgraded twice to a wraparound suite from a City room reservation (booked with the lowest rate) during the first year but then everything went downhill that started with no free buffet.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by ktjan
OP was asking if Cosmo is still giving out wraparound upgrade to platinum member, and the answer is not any more unless you book a terrance suite. BUT, the OP was correct that they used to be very generous during the 1st year of operation. I got upgraded twice to a wraparound suite from a City room reservation (booked with the lowest rate) during the first year but then everything went downhill that started with no free buffet.
True words. I got upgraded to a wraparound once and other upgrades other times the first year. DAILY buffet was the best though. That was a significant bonus!
Old Jul 28, 2015, 2:41 pm

No more free daily buffets.
No more "no resort fees".
Harder to find LNF rates.
Stingy upgrades.

Yet we still go back.

But if I can find a truly better deal next year somewhere else, not sure I will be.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 2:16 am

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
The Bamboo Pool is OPEN. I visited on 7/27/2015. One bar is open and the rest is closed off. They opened within one day. NO PRESS is GOOD press. The entire pool is open. Only in Las Vegas!
Old Jul 29, 2015, 6:22 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by kettle1
The Bamboo Pool is OPEN. I visited on 7/27/2015. One bar is open and the rest is closed off. They opened within one day. NO PRESS is GOOD press. The entire pool is open. Only in Las Vegas!
That is amazing. Thanks for the info.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 11:30 am

Programs: AA - EP, Marriott - PP
Originally Posted by kettle1
Cosmo is currently changing management/ownership. Let's see if they stick with Marriott.
After the degradation in benefits to Marriott Plats I almost wish Blackstone would pull out of the partnership. It would hurt in the short term not having an affiliated hotel on the strip, but it would cause Marriott to try and foster a relationship with another resort that hopefully would appreciate having a worldwide brand behind them.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by robbierob03
After the degradation in benefits to Marriott Plats I almost wish Blackstone would pull out of the partnership. It would hurt in the short term not having an affiliated hotel on the strip, but it would cause Marriott to try and foster a relationship with another resort that hopefully would appreciate having a worldwide brand behind them.
Blackstone owns Hilton, so a change to Hilton would be understandable. There aren't any other real LV strip options for Marriott to match up with. Hyatt is with MGM, SPG with Caesars, and IHG with Venetian/Palazzo. I don't see Wynn/Encore hooking up with anyone (Steve cares more about his brand), so that really only lives you TI.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 11:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Just realized that the property is a Cat 9.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Just realized that the property is a Cat 9.
130,000 points for me to reserve 2 nights in the Terrace Suite (which upgrades to the wraparound). Depressing amount of points but it's all points I earn through work and can't spend fast enough anyways.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 5:59 pm

Programs: MR Plat; AA Gold; UA Silver
This is still my fav Marriott property, despite the lack of benefits. It's a fabulous resort. All the other Vegas Marriott's are so blah. And you can often get very good deals if you book in advance. It has everything I'm looking for in a vacation property!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.