Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Is a new Marriott website on the way?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 21, 2017, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rylan
Per rylan, to access the legacy Marriott Rewards website, use:

NOTE: Legacy site no longer appears to be available. Link directs to the new dysfunctional site.
https://www.marriott.com/default.mi?version=legacy
Print Wikipost

Is a new Marriott website on the way?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2017, 1:58 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by imverge
Noticed when I entered JFK in the search it brought up over 4000+ hotels as far away as Texas!
Yes, and now I know why, and I figured out the workaround (that works for me)....for whatever reason, the computer only reads the last part, "US" - so if you put in JFK International Airport, New York, US - even if that is what Marriott calls it and you just clicked on it, you have to backspace to erase the US - so it will just be "JFK International Airport, New York". Same as Chicago, IL, US - have to backspace so it just "Chicago, IL". Otherwise you'll get all 4,000 hotels across the US.

It is a REAL PAIN and I hope they fix that soon.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 10:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, M life Gold, IHG Spire
Tonight I went to book a reservation and the "new" website had reappeared. I went ahead and made my reservation.

The glitch was in the confirmation e'mails. Tonight I got 3. They are the same except one has the price, one has no price and one with a price of 0.

All 3 use the same confirmation # so I'm sure it is just one actual reservation. However, what a PITA to wade through 3 simultaneous confirmation e'mails just to make sure.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Friends don't let others use a crummy replacement website on weekends - unless you like to be a beta tester - and then have to unravel how badly the beta has messed up one's account.

Similar to what happens on ua.nuke on weekends - bad stuff.

At this point, I'm staying away from doing any reservations on the weekends now. However if I need to get info from Marriott.com but the numbskull bad beta pops up, I quickly terminate the attempt to logon and close the session.

David
Old Sep 16, 2017, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
currently none of my reservations are displaying at all ...

Our server is being stubborn.
Please refresh this page or try again later.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 5:35 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
I thought they tried to adapt SPG style.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 2:04 pm

Programs: AA - Exec Plat, Marriott Platinum Premiere; Lifetime Platinum;
On profile section of your account, company worked for notation has been eliminated....
Old Sep 18, 2017, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The POS Beta is running right now (Monday, September 18th). Be aware of its limitations and be ready to have to fight to find out what happened to your reservations.

David
Old Sep 18, 2017, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Even worse, roomkey popups and popunders are being generated by the POS Beta - beware!

David
Old Sep 19, 2017, 7:42 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
I am having issues-that I thought were mine-but tried two computers and several browsers. If a search yields no hotels-for example looking for an award stay, I get stuck. I cannot change any of the fields or go back or anything. I have to close everything and start over.

Anyone else seeing this?
Old Sep 19, 2017, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Getting session time out errors when sign in

Anybody has such issue tonight?
Old Sep 19, 2017, 8:33 pm

I had issues last weekend when they are trying out/beta testing the new website (showing reservations that I didn't book, page unavailable etc.) but everything is fine now when they reverted to the old one.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 8:50 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
I see the same behavior. When I get unlucky enough to get the new website it just doesn't work. It's like playing press your luck except the whammy is the new 'improved' site.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 12:04 pm

welp
Old Sep 20, 2017, 12:19 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
The new UI came back for me today. This time around I noticed that it just says i'm Platinum rather then PP. However, the app continues to say PP. I don't want to lose all my valuable PP benefits!
Old Sep 20, 2017, 4:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JHake10
The new UI came back for me today. This time around I noticed that it just says i'm Platinum rather then PP. However, the app continues to say PP. I don't want to lose all my valuable PP benefits!

Thank goodness the new UI still shows me as Gold. I wouldn't want the website to affect my upgrade probability.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.