Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Phu Quoc Emerald Bay Resort & Spa, Vietnam [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2017, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: soy
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Concierge email address:
[email protected]
Reservations: [email protected]

> Plat Welcome amenity is 1k pts or Breakfast for Elite+1
——————————-
Previously posted and someone deleted it - It is the policy of this prop to try and upgrade P/Gs and even Ss on their first stay. If for some reason the property cannot upgrade the P/G/S member on their first stay they will be given upgrade priority on their next stay.
Print Wikipost

JW Marriott Phu Quoc Emerald Bay Resort & Spa, Vietnam [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2017, 10:22 pm
jli

Programs: SPG, Marriott Rewards
so i made a reservation for five nights on 60k points but at that time I did not have enough MR points to order the e-certificate...now I finally have the points to order the e-certificate, but when I check back on my reservation it now needs 100k points to order the e-certifiate. Does it mean I have no way to make it at 60k points now?
Old Feb 5, 2017, 10:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by jli
so i made a reservation for five nights on 60k points but at that time I did not have enough MR points to order the e-certificate...now I finally have the points to order the e-certificate, but when I check back on my reservation it now needs 100k points to order the e-certifiate. Does it mean I have no way to make it at 60k points now?
You'll need the 100K points. Sounds like they had a glitch in the system, and the glitch has been corrected.

Cheers.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 11:42 am

Programs: Marriott: Platinum Hilton: Diamond AC: 25K
Well the 15k rate is gone dang it. I book 2 rooms for this hotel in January. I had to make a change changed the reservation to 5 days to six days. The first one they took my points and the second one I had to call them back because my points where still showing on the account. Well 2 weeks ago I got a paper certificate in the mail for a category 5 hotel for 5 nights!!! (used my credit card cert for the 6th night) Did not know they still made those called them up and they said that should not of happened. Well they said the certificate is still valid for the stay.

My Question is what happens if this hotel moves up a category at the yearly update?

Last edited by Nimitz; Feb 5, 2017 at 11:50 am
Old Feb 5, 2017, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Nimitz

My Question is what happens if this hotel moves up a category at the yearly update?
If your reservation was made when it was still a Cat 5, the reservation will be honored at the Cat 5 - as long as you don't make any changes to the reservation.

Since the property just opened I'd be surprised if they moved it up a category in the next month. Whether it stays a Cat 5 a year from now is a different story.

Cheers.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 8:13 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by jli
According to Marriott Rewards they deny a glitch but indicate that if someone got the award at the wrong rate they'll need the full amount. Truly BS!!! The customer should NOT be responsible for a glitch in the system.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 8:50 pm
Original Poster

Did MR say that or the hotel?

In this instance I think contacting the hotel directly is the better plan of action (with honey vs. vinegar ) Also, if the hotel makes an exception & fixes it, it's better to keep one's mouth shut after it's sorted, if you catch my drift.

But getting back to the bigger picture, every single hotel & airline chain has an out on glitches.

Cheers.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 8:55 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Did MR say that or the hotel?

In this instance I think contacting the hotel directly is the better plan of action (with honey vs. vinegar ) Also, if the hotel makes an exception & fixes it, it's better to keep one's mouth shut after it's sorted, if you catch my drift.

But getting back to the bigger picture, every single hotel & airline chain has an out on glitches.

Cheers.
it was MR who said that. I don't disagree with your strategy and it may work. But I called before reading the most recent updates. I found Mr to be overly rude and unsympathetic. I find SPG to be far more customer friendly.

But back to the larger point I really hope they have an out for glitches. There really isn't any law or ref that protects a customer when it comes to these matters.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 12:16 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by mh3265a
I really hope they have an out for glitches. There really isn't any law or ref that protects a customer when it comes to these matters.
I'm sorry, but I don't see a need for consumer protection when there was a clear error which resulted in a property which is already a bargain at Cat 5 being listed for too few points. The exploitation of an obvious mistake is not an abuse of the consumer (but arguably an abuse by the consumer).
Old Feb 8, 2017, 7:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mh3265a
it was MR who said that. I don't disagree with your strategy and it may work. But I called before reading the most recent updates. I found Mr to be overly rude and unsympathetic. I find SPG to be far more customer friendly.

But back to the larger point I really hope they have an out for glitches. There really isn't any law or ref that protects a customer when it comes to these matters.
All hotel & airline chains have an out for errors.

https://www.marriott.com/about/terms-of-use.mi

Again, contact the property directly. Be polite (ie, honey; not vinegar), tell them you're looking forward to the stay, you booked it when it was taking Cat 3 points & that you hope they'll honor the Cat 3 points.

If they do don't trumpet it on the thread, because a blogger could pick it up & then the property would probably stick to the Cat 5 points being pulled for everyone. If they don't, as Kacee mentions, Cat 5 is still a good deal for the property.

Sorry you got a rude agent. They've always been polite in their dealings with me.

Cheers.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 8:48 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
This property looks great ^. I think it needs to go on my visit list...
Old Feb 8, 2017, 1:30 pm

I had initially booked two seven night travel package vouchers Cat 5 - two different accounts. When the glitch happened, I checked both accounts and the reservation was updated to reflect 15K per night.

Being overly cautious, I rebooked both accounts with five nights on points at the 15k rate and with existing points. I didn't cancel the seven night reservations.

Alas, all four reservations online now show 25k per night.

I have the booking email confirming the 5 night reservation at 15k per night. Darn, I thought it was an opening special.

Ah well. At least I can use the Travel Package Cert for its full Cat 5 value. LOL.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 8:38 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Could be a promo price as well. So....
Old Feb 12, 2017, 4:59 pm

I just got off the phone with a Marriott rep regarding my five night redemptions at 15,000 per night (or 60k total). She said she sees 60k in her system even though I now see 100k in my online account reservation.

Further, she said that if I make ANY changes at all to the reservation that it will revert to the 25k per night rate.

So awesome! I won't touch that reservation.

Though this seems to contradict what mh3265a was told.

Any thoughts on how confident I should be? The points were already deducted.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 5:35 pm
Original Poster

I'd rely more on direct contact w/ the property than a res agent who won't be there at check-in.

As I mentioned up thread...

'In this instance I think contacting the hotel directly is the better plan of action (with honey vs. vinegar ) Also, if the hotel makes an exception & fixes it, it's better to keep one's mouth shut after it's sorted, if you catch my drift."

Cheers.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 7:58 pm

Good point. Thanks.

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I'd rely more on direct contact w/ the property than a res agent who won't be there at check-in.

As I mentioned up thread...

'In this instance I think contacting the hotel directly is the better plan of action (with honey vs. vinegar ) Also, if the hotel makes an exception & fixes it, it's better to keep one's mouth shut after it's sorted, if you catch my drift."

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.