Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Triada Palm Springs, Autograph Collection [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2015, 8:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Just noticed on the Marriott website it's now open. Category 7.

http://news.marriott.com/2015/03/tri...ollection.html

"An iconic property rich with local and Hollywood history, Triada Palm Springs was originally designed in 1939 in the style of a traditional Spanish hacienda. Today, Triada is “exactly like nothing else” following an extensive multimillion-dollar renovation. The newly launched Triada Palm Springs offers an elevated experience for guests in 2015, whilst still honoring the original inspiration for the building – which is located in the heart of the prestigious Movie Colony neighborhood of Palm Springs.

With 56 unique guestrooms and three distinct wings, Triada offers majestic views of the San Jacinto Mountains. Each of the ‘three interrelated parts’ (‘triada’, in Spanish) takes influence from contemporary Spanish artists including Miro, Picasso and Dali. A color scheme ranging from mente (cobalt blue) which is associated with the mind, corazon (burnt orange) associated with the heart, and alma (teal) associated with the soul, means that guests will feel inspired by all areas of the resort, whichever way they turn.

Each of the 56 guestrooms has been artfully designed to inspire the mind, heart and soul. No two rooms are exactly alike in any of the hotel’s three distinct wings, and many come with fully appointed kitchens.

The elaborate casita features an open kitchen with stainless steel furnishings and features a dining room, living room, bedroom and granite bathroom. Most rooms feature private outside sitting areas and balconies with breath-taking views over the San Jacinto Mountains.

Guests can enjoy the use of complimentary WIFI and a 42” TV and docking station in the haven of their own room. The comfort provided by the 300 thread-count linens and plush robes is enhanced by additional features including a Keurig coffee maker, private honor bar and dedicated room service.

The intimate Iluminara Restaurant and Lobby Lounge deliver classically chic Palm Springs dining with seasonally inspired California Cuisine created by locally recognized Executive Chef Tom Hogan.

Seasonal poolside seating, complete with majestic mountain views, is available or guests can relax with room service in their beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites."
Old Mar 12, 2015, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sounds AWESOME. We love Palm Springs. I will check it out soon.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Added the property to the exec lounge sticky. No lounge; they offer cont'l brekkie for elites in the restaurant.

Cheers.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 9:03 pm

Programs: MR Plat; AA Gold; UA Silver
Anyone stay here recently? I am thinking of going for my birthday next year. I will be car-less -- is that a problem in PS?
Old Oct 2, 2015, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jlb3
Anyone stay here recently? I am thinking of going for my birthday next year. I will be car-less -- is that a problem in PS?
Depends on what you want to do and what time of year. In the hot season, you don't want to walk far at all for activities.

You won't be able to do much hiking, etc. without a car.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 8:07 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum for Life.
I will be staying at this hotel on Thursday 10/8 & Friday 10/9.

I can give a report of this hotel.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 10:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by trvlr64
I will be staying at this hotel on Thursday 10/8 & Friday 10/9.

I can give a report of this hotel.
Great - look forward to your trip report!

Cheers.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 11:44 am
Community Director Emerita

I see the Queen Casita is available for the same points as a regular room.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 1:16 pm

Programs: MR Plat; AA Gold; UA Silver
Yes, I noticed this also. When I tried to book it using cash + points I got the following error message: "ERROR ROOM POOL COMBINATION"

Maybe someone booking with just points will have better luck. Or I can try calling the Plat reservations line.

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Old Oct 5, 2015, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
This room type wasn't available online when I made my reservation the last week.

I just got off the phone with the hotel to see if I could switch to this room and was told that they had already upgraded me.

So I will be very interested to see if the room lives up to the pictures they have on the website.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 1:31 pm

Triada Palm Springs or what I now call my new "home"

I will most definitely stay at the Triada any time I'm in Palm Springs for work or pleasure.

The property sat empty for many years I was told until Marriott bought it and turned it into one of their Autograph Collection hotels.

The property is divided into 3 sections: Alma, Corazon & Mente.

I had one of the Queen Casita rooms in the Mente section. The kitchen in this room is bigger than the kitchen in my condo in FLL. Full size appliances better than those found in most Residence Inns also.

The room was large with a table and 4 chairs. So if you were here you an extended time this is a good room to have. I did have a handicapped bathroom which I actually preferred. No tripping getting out of the tub.

The Mente rooms encircle the largest of the 2 pools. This was a normal fresh water pool while the other smaller pool is salt water. That's located over in the Alma section.

Above the pool in the Mente section is an area where you can sunbath on 2 big circular lounges. There are also 2 showers up there. While lounging by the pool the hotel staff brings out glasses of ice water for everyone. You can order food to be brought poolside also.

I didn't take advantage of the fitness room or the Iluminara restaurant. It's a rather small space near the check in area and with all the options for great restaurants in Palm Springs I'm going to go out to eat.

There is no self parking only Valet service.

I am definitely going to start investigating more Autograph Collection hotels when they are near where I will be working. Courtyards and even the regular Marriotts serve a purpose but it's nice to stay someplace different once in a while.

Now if I could just convince Marriott to get better pillows. Does anyone else hate the pillows as much as I do? I was recently in a Holiday Inn that had better pillows than what Marriott provides.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 5:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Here now but at check in the woman said breakfast for Plat. I know there isn't a lounge but they have a resurant with breakfast so there should be something right? I was going to go back later and see if someone else was working before pressing the issue.
Love the 2 queen casita for the mid-week get away.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 3:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JVPhoto
Here now but at check in the woman said breakfast for Plat. I know there isn't a lounge but they have a resurant with breakfast so there should be something right? I was going to go back later and see if someone else was working before pressing the issue.
Love the 2 queen casita for the mid-week get away.
If there's no lounge, Gold & Plats get free cont'l brekkie in the restaurant. Exec lounge has this listed; I called the property in July & asked them what they do for Gold/Plats.

* Palm Springs / Triada Palm Springs, Autograph Collection / No Lounge; Cont'l brekkie in restaurant; 07/08/15

The hotel's home page has some verbiage about it being a resort, but if you search for resorts in Palm Springs on the Marriott website it is not listed as a resort, so I'd push for the free cont'l brekkie.

Update: I just called the property & they said that Gold/Plats get cont'l brekkie in the restaurant. "Me: Hi, I'm on your website right now & noticed you don't have an executive lounge. Can you tell me what you do for Gold/Plat members for breakfast since you don't have an exec lounge?" Them: "Of course. Our Gold/Plat members get a free cont'l breakfast in our restaurant." Me: "Thank you".

Cheers.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 4:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Yup had a much more enthusiastic front desk guy last night and we chatted and said they should have offered me at check in (I played dumb saying Oh I forgot to ask at check in the breakfast for elites) points/night or the b'fast. Upon chatting we agreed that points were probably better since there are great places (like Cheeky's) a few min walk away.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 4:40 pm
Community Director Emerita

I've just spent one night at the hotel. I liked the room. I didn't like the hotel layout.

Arrival:
We were a little confused about where to stop to enter the hotel. The valet parking sign showed the name of the restaurant in large text and the hotel in small text. There was no valet outside. We circled the block, saw no other place to stop, so returned to this entrance. It was indeed the correct one, though no one was at the front desk when I entered. I went in search and found staff hanging out with the telephone operator in the corridor behind the desk. They then sprang into action.

As a platinum, I was:
  • upgraded to a king casita
  • offered 500 points or a $10 bar credit as an amenity, took points
  • offered 750 points or continental breakfast for 2; took points
  • offered two bottles of Voss water (part of resort fee and I am sure is offered to everyone)

The hotel
The lobby is very attractive with a variety of comfortable seating. There appeared to be a library/game area above the lobby.

The restaurant did not appear to be open when we were there. It's such a small area I don't see how it can survive. There are perhaps 6 tiny tables inside along with a bar and several tables outside by the pool. There was some bar business when we came back from dinner.

The hotel is three small buildings on a small block. Each building has two stories. I do not believe there are any elevators. It's quite awkward to be in a different building. The pools take most of the open space and have fences around them. You have to open the latches high on the gates, walk around the pool, and then onto the next building. The wings on the second floor corridors have gates. I suspect this is for safety of children so that they can't easily access the pool without parental knowledge. The gates clang and surely bother residents. It's inconvenient to be carrying luggage and trying to cope with gates. I believe we had 4 between the lobby and our room.

Our room
Our king casita was excellent. I'd be happy to have that room elsewhere. It was a long room with a king bed at one end, a love seat along the window side, and a table with 4 chairs at the other end. There was a full kitchen with a narrow passage. It had a large refrigerator, stove, microwave, dishwasher, and lots and lots of cabinets. The bathroom was small with a walk in shower.

The second floor corridor went along side our bedroom windows and there were no sheers. Thus, it wasn't possible to have any natural light while getting ready for the day.

On departing, we called for the car to be brought up but no one answered. On arriving in the lobby, there was no one to be seen, despite it time for the continental breakfast to be served. After searching around, staff was found and cordially saw us on our way.

We had an excellent rate of $135. It had dropped over $40 since I booked it a month ago, so it is worth rechecking bookings. By the time the resort fee, the county, the convention center, the city bed tax, and the tourism assessment is added in, the total was $181.60.

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Nov 18, 2015 at 4:46 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.