Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Renaissance Allentown Pennsylvania [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2015, 11:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Am updating the exec lounge sticky & noticed there's a Renaissance in Allentown, PA, that's newly opened. Cat 4. Exec lounge closed on the weekend, but is key accessible for coffee/soft drinks. Full breakfast for Gold/Plats in restaurant. Seems to be getting good reviews.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...lentown-hotel/
Old Feb 12, 2015, 9:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
My father grew up 4 blocks from this Renaissance. ^
Old Feb 12, 2015, 9:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
Hmph. Currently sitting in a different Marriott property in ABE. Good to know this is here.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Wow didn't know there was any higher end Marriotts around there, just thought the FFI/RI/CY by the airport.

Kinda crappy they charge $12/d for parking though.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 11:19 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by rylan
Wow didn't know there was any higher end Marriotts around there, just thought the FFI/RI/CY by the airport.

Kinda crappy they charge $12/d for parking though.
Why? Show me ANY downtown city property that does not charge for parking, especially a full service hotel.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 7:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Why? Show me ANY downtown city property that does not charge for parking, especially a full service hotel.
Yeah look on the bright side, could be Philly where it's $25 a day and up...
Old Feb 13, 2015, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Am updating the exec lounge sticky & noticed there's a Renaissance in Allentown, PA, that's newly opened. Cat 4. Exec lounge closed on the weekend, but is key accessible for coffee/soft drinks. Full breakfast for Gold/Plats in restaurant. Seems to be getting good reviews.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...lentown-hotel/
I have an upcoming reservation. Glad to know my category 4 certificate will be put to good use.

Too bad the mega bonuses have not been offering them. I miss them.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 10:16 pm
TPP

Programs: DL, US, AA
Current promo for this property:
From January 16 - March 31, 2015, earn 2,000 Marriott Rewards bonus points per stay, 7 days a week.

Earning points couldn't be easier!

Room reservation is based on availability. Please see below for more terms and conditions.

For Reservations:
Click on "Check Availability" to make an online reservation, or call 1-800-MARRIOTT from within the US, or one of our toll-free worldwide reservation numbers outside the US and quote the Promotional Code for this offer.
Valid through: March 31, 2015
Promotional Code: M11
Old May 25, 2015, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
I have an upcoming reservation. Glad to know my category 4 certificate will be put to good use.

Too bad the mega bonuses have not been offering them. I miss them.
Great hotel and wonderful staff. Lounge was very nice and staff excellent. Took the grandkids to Crayola Experience, and instead of making a day trip stayed overnight here. Glad we did.
Old May 26, 2015, 8:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
Lounge was very nice and staff excellent.
Was your stay on a weekend? Was the exec lounge open? If not, what was the brekkie situation? Please post so I can update the sticky. Thx.

Cheers.
Old May 26, 2015, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Was your stay on a weekend? Was the exec lounge open? If not, what was the brekkie situation? Please post so I can update the sticky. Thx.

Cheers.
The lounge is closed on the weekend. My stay was a Sunday night and the lounge reopened at 5:30. I read somewhere that they offer breakfast in the restaurant on weekends but I'm not sure.

Sorry I can't be of more help.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 7:52 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Update for brekkie: Lounge closed on weekends (but accessible for soft drinks/coffee). Weekend - Continental breakfast offered in restaurant (with $5 upcharge for full buffet). Was also offered points in lieu of breakfast.

Hotel review: Staff nice. Decor is Industrial Loft (not my taste but appropriate for locale). Nothing really wrong with my stay, but lots of little problems.

Late Checkout: offered at OLCI. 4 pm confirmed at check-in. FD "forgot" to code in computer. So housekeeping knocked early. Called FD who updated my file and indicated they would notify housekeeping. Housekeeping stopped by at least three times before noon -- kept explaining late checkout. Got lots of apologies, but that didn't stop someone else from housekeeping knocking again! Eventually I checked out ... the repeated interruptions on top of other annoyances (see below) just wasn't worth the hassle. Is this the new malicious compliance to the late check out benefit Elites? Passive Aggressive approach?

Check In: Failed to advise of lounge accessibility (or location) or any other hotel details. Had to ask to get any property details. Told I couldn't pay for parking via folio (which was incorrect and resolved next day with different FD agent). FYI -- be advised that parking garage to hotel is not ADA accessible. (elevator to steps to elevator).

Breakfast: Told only buffet offered on weekends - full menu not available. Adequate - hot options not worth the upgrade. Interesting point ... Buffet set up right in front of the open kitchen -- where they are preparing omelets and remainder of full menu for room service. Yet only buffet scrambled eggs available if you eat in restaurant. I was too annoyed at this point to ask if I could order room service and have it delivered to me in the dining room!

Room lights/HVAC: requires key card inserted into wall. Love it or hate it but be advised as it is not typical within the US. Get an extra card so you can maintain room temperature while you are out for the day.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 11:08 am
TPP

Programs: DL, US, AA
Update
I had a nice stay here on a Saturday night (1/6/18). I asked for a room upgrade upon checking due to Gold status and they obliged without question. As mentioned above, lounge was closed but accessible for drinks. Breakfast experience slightly different from previous posts. I paid the $5 to get the full buffet but the server offered to have a custom omelet made if I wanted something besides the standard scrambled eggs. I had a ham & cheese omelet that was quite nice. The bacon and sausage was excellent as well.

A note on room selection - The hotel is attached to the IPL Center and shares a common wall up to the fifth floor. If there is an event going on there and your room shares the common wall, the noise may be too much. Rooms above the fifth floor will be above the roof of the IPL Center and any noise will be substantially less. There was a sprint car event going on this night (until 11 pm) and it was very noisy in the lobby. My room on the 8th floor was very quiet.

I thought it was a great property - will definately visit again.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 5:50 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.