Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

AC Hotel Cordoba, Spain [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2011, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

Checked in to the AC Ciudad Seville and the manager came out to greet us and was very nice. He upgraded our room and offered points or fruit plate so that all went very well.

BUT, we were advised we don't get the platinum wifi benefit, nor the included breakfast. I sent a quick email to Marriott, and they asked him to contact us. He provided one 24 hour wifi card for our three day stay that we are too stupid to make work, and repeated again that breakfast was not included and if Marriott Rewards told us it was then they made a mistake.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 2:23 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
go out of the hotel and turn L.......... walk a few steps to the corner and turn L.......... walk straight ahead and you'll find coffee/cake shop on the corner about a block up (if you turn R theres 2 other small rest with outside tables)...............if you want breakfast/breakfast, go straight about 3 blocks and you'll see a supermarket on the opposite corner.......... just beyond is a local hotel w seperate rest that we ate breakfast at each day - not $$$$$

Originally Posted by HappyCheesehead
Unfortunately, that breakfast rate "PKG" was not available when we made our reservations. I tried it at the time but it did not work. Since I had been told brekky would be included, I didn't bother contacting anyone to see why.

Breakfast is 17 e here so I am off to try to find a coffee place. We do not eat enough breakfast to make it worth 45 or so US for two people.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 2:24 pm
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge

Greetings - I hope to clear up some confusion with the recent launch of AC Hotels by Marriott.

The Guaranteed Lounge Access/Free Continental Breakfast benefit for Gold and Platinum Elite members is not available at AC Hotels by Marriott. This benefit remains only available in the Concierge/Executive/Club Lounge at participating JW Marriott, Autograph Collection, Renaissance Hotels and Marriott Hotels & Resorts locations worldwide. However, in celebration of the new brand launch of AC Hotels by Marriott back in May, the hotels have been offering a complimentary breakfast buffet on two-day stays through January 8, 2012, using promotion code: PKG.

Safe travels, Andy
Old Dec 23, 2011, 3:41 am

Programs: UA 1MM Premier 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium/ LT
Thumbs up MRs now usable in most AC Hotels in Spain

Most AC Hotels in Spain can now (since early November) be reserved with Marriott Reward points. We just used 20K for AC Hotel Cordoba Palacio, geared to the business trade, ranked Category 4 in the Marriott system, equivalent to a CY -- but to my mind, a cut above. Very modern comfortable furnishings, good breakfast buffet. Husband's Platinum status was honored with welcome snack (or points), lovely room -- but no free breakfast, apparently. Breakfast buffet (again, better than a US offering, but definitely European business market) 18 euros. No special CL. Daily parking 18 euros.

Nonetheless, 20K MRs for a pleasant hotel right next to the old town, easy walk to the Mezquita and most tourist sites was a great deal! We'll check out the AC Hotel in Firenze when we go next spring.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 3:38 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
This is my first stay at an AC hotel. I knew nothing of this chain until it associated with Marriott, but I am impressed. We stayed one night using a free night certificate from a Marriott Premier credit card.

We were given a south facing room on the top (6th) floor. Our room is white-glove clean in modern, Euro-style decor. We have a king bed, jacuzzi tub, and dual rain showers. I am amused by the soap, which is in the shape of a golf ball. I have Gold status this year, so a card was provided for free 24 hour Internet access. Breakfast in the restaurant was good, and came to just under 40 Euros for 2 people (with tax).

I agree that the location is excellent for tourists. The hotel is adjacent to the old Jewish quarter and only about a 10-15 minute walk to the Mezquita.

We arrived by car from Sevilla. For those driving, be aware that Paseo de la Victoria is a large circle and the hotel is at the southern end of the circle. As we approached the hotel, we had to circle around Paseo de la Victoria (the GPS didn't warn me of that). Watch for an auto entrance immediately in front of the hotel as you are coming around - it will come up very quickly as you are circling. There are a small number of (free) parking places in the semicircular area in front of the hotel, but most of the parking is pay parking located beneath the hotel.

The only thing that struck me as odd is the ironwork all around the hotel. Maybe it looked good when new, but iron rusts, so the hotel exterior and sidewalks show some rust stains. Sometimes you've got to wonder what the architect was thinking.

Off to Granada now... Will be at the AC Granada for 2 nights on a paid stay.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 3:50 am
Suspended

before Sharon asks, was Internet service provided in-room or only for the common areas?
(FYI - if valid for the common areas this service is provided to all guests even if they are not MR members).................

Originally Posted by GetawaysRus
I have Gold status this year, so a card was provided for free 24 hour Internet access.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 1:31 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by BKKLEE
before Sharon asks, was Internet service provided in-room or only for the common areas?
I was able to use the Internet in my room. At check-in, I was given a 24 hour card (looks like a credit card) with a scratch-off for the PIN code. Once connected to the network (Telefonica), it was a simple matter to click "connect to the Internet" and then enter the PIN.

At the AC Granada now - same process here for connecting to the web.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 2:10 pm
Suspended

having stayed at most of the ACs in the Andalucia area (as well as up in Salamanca & Zaragoza), this news is a definite upgrade from previous common area only.......THXs...............

Originally Posted by GetawaysRus
I was able to use the Internet in my room. At check-in, I was given a 24 hour card (looks like a credit card) with a scratch-off for the PIN code. Once connected to the network (Telefonica), it was a simple matter to click "connect to the Internet" and then enter the PIN.

At the AC Granada now - same process here for connecting to the web.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 8:55 pm
Original Poster

I didn't actually start this thread. My post at the top was just one of many posts in a much larger thread about AC hotels in Spain that was broken up into separate hotel chunks for easier reference.

I do see however, that the title of this thread is concerning the AC Cordoba Palacio, but my comments were actually regarding the AC in Seville......
Old Oct 18, 2012, 12:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by HappyCheesehead
I didn't actually start this thread. My post at the top was just one of many posts in a much larger thread about AC hotels in Spain that was broken up into separate hotel chunks for easier reference.

I do see however, that the title of this thread is concerning the AC Cordoba Palacio, but my comments were actually regarding the AC in Seville......
I'll get the mod to edit/put your post in the proper thread. This summer we were pulling posts out of the multi-page generic AC thread to create new threads for properties. Looks like one got misplaced.

Cheers.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 10:48 am

Programs: Free Agent
This is a business oriented hotel just one block away from the train station. You can see the AC sign from inside the station. I noticed that I was upgraded to a junior suite several days out, which was a pleasant surprise. The room was more than spacious, and I’d qualify it as a suite, with a separate sitting area and a hallway that also serves as a closet. The room is very new with modern light tones, and has wood flooring. Bed is low, and on the firm side. There’s a bench in the bedroom where you can sit or put your luggage. There’s another spot in the hallway for your luggage as well. I had a view of the main road, so there was SIGNIFICANT road noise.

The hotel had turned off the A/C already, and as it was still 75 degrees outside, the room got a tad warm with the sun shining into the room. The hotel staff closed all the curtains, which helped a bit. I was able to open the windows at night when it cooled down but it got really noisy due to the traffic.

Oddly enough, the room didn’t come with complimentary bottles water. There was no safe either, which was concerning. The bathroom had the infamous golfball soap – thanks to FT, I brought my own! Bathroom had no facial tissue either. And the only trash can was in the bathroom. Breakfast in the restaurant is continental only and costs 13.20 Euros. There was a good array of cheese, cured meats, fruits, and pastries. The gym is in the basement, and is small with old cardio equipment. WiFi was about 10Mbps.

The hotel itself is about a 25 minute walk to the tourist spots (including the good restaurants). Alternatively, you can walk to the train station and take a taxi for about 6 Euros. Aside from being close to the train station, the location wasn’t the best for tourism, but taking a taxi isn’t a big deal. I’m not sure if there are any better situated hotels on the same level of the AC either. Just make sure you get a non-front facing room if you choose to stay here!
Old Nov 27, 2017, 8:46 am

Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 2:43 pm

Stayed here on points as a Gold - I was upgraded to a junior suite with separate living area, bedroom and an area for luggage and things.

There is no bottle water in the room nor the coffee machines that are shown in stock photos from hotel. The room description doesn't say coffee/tea service so I figure they should have change the photos on their website.

I managed to park at the back street - saving me EUR 15. There is an underground parking area.

Took me about 25 minutes to walk to the Mosque-Cathedral where the good food and action are.

Gym is small.

The only thing that is good is that they have plentiful bathroom amenities - 2 bottles of shampoo, conditioner, bathing gel, lotions, lots of dental kits, comb and the famous ball soap. I figured that it's their own AC brand that they are not that expensive.

I would stay here again if room rate is cheap (usually goes about EUR 60 per night).
Old Jan 5, 2018, 5:46 pm

Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 6:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Platinum Premier, Marriott DC Chairman's Club, BA Executive Club Silver
We just stayed on a cash reservation at the Cordoba AC Hotels by Marriott 20-22 March 2018.
Some experiences were the same as others, some different.
We were upgraded to a Junior Suite.
We had complimentary bottled water in the room and a Nespresso compatible coffee machine, with 2 complimentary capsules per day.
There was no in room safe strangely, so we had to use the ones behind reception.
We received a Platinum arrival gift of MR Points (300 as I recall) or a plate of fresh fruit.
We received 50% off a good choice of buffet continental breakfast, which would have cost €16.
We used the underground car park €16 per day and left our car there throughout our stay.
The staff were very friendly and helpful.
The hotel is functional, if rather basic, but offered all we needed for just a couple of nights.
The main road noise can be significant, so if that is a concern you might want to ask for a room at the back even though it will not have such a good view.
The location was convenient for walking into the heart of the old town, 15-20 minutes or so.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.