Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Summer Bonus 2012 Promotion Offer

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2012, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
I got my first cert. posted into my account a right after they have registered my second stay. What Marriott mean by a stay is that you can't check in and out at the same hotel if you are staying more than 1 night.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 11:22 pm

Thanks, nacho=) Both of your stay are one night stay? Just to confirm. As stated in the T&C, it mentions that "A stay means any consecutive nights in the same hotel", it didn't mention whether a night is considered as a stay or not. Thanks a lot, nacho=)

Originally Posted by nacho
I got my first cert. posted into my account a right after they have registered my second stay. What Marriott mean by a stay is that you can't check in and out at the same hotel if you are staying more than 1 night.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 2:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dolphinyong
Thanks, nacho=) Both of your stay are one night stay? Just to confirm. As stated in the T&C, it mentions that "A stay means any consecutive nights in the same hotel", it didn't mention whether a night is considered as a stay or not. Thanks a lot, nacho=)
This is something about English grammar:

'consecutive nights' is a term, even though the word 'nights' is plural. It doesn't have to be more than 1 night.

Yes my stays are 1 night stays, I was a road trip and I'm chaging from one location to another. It was necessary to stay at various hotels.

The whole purpose of the term is to prevent people from check-in and out at the same hotel, so that if one has a 7 nights stay at hotel X, his stay wouldn't count as 7 stays just because he checks in and out of the hotel.

If one night stay is not legit, they will put in a requirement for 'a minumum of x nights is required to earn the certs'.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 2:24 am

Thanks, nacho. That's very clear=)

Originally Posted by nacho
This is something about English grammar:

'consecutive nights' is a term, even though the word 'nights' is plural. It doesn't have to be more than 1 night.

Yes my stays are 1 night stays, I was a road trip and I'm chaging from one location to another. It was necessary to stay at various hotels.

The whole purpose of the term is to prevent people from check-in and out at the same hotel, so that if one has a 7 nights stay at hotel X, his stay wouldn't count as 7 stays just because he checks in and out of the hotel.

If one night stay is not legit, they will put in a requirement for 'a minumum of x nights is required to earn the certs'.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 9:03 am

I am sure this will only count as one stay--but as I have never had this situation come up, I thought I would check the crystal Ball here.

I have a family reunion in which we are staying one night at a Fairfield, but I have reserved 7 rooms. They are all in my name and I am paying for all of them.

I have 5 different stays during the promotion period. If these stays only count for 1 then I will need to book on more hotel. I would just love it if they counted though.--thought
Old Jun 13, 2012, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just one, unless they make a mistake.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 10:15 am

That is what I thought--nice to dream though!
Old Jun 18, 2012, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Kudos to Marriott for letting me apply my first free Cat 1-4 certificate to an award reservation I was already holding for this weekend at a sold-out property. I've tried with other chains before and was told that it had to be a cancel/re-book and since the hotel was sold-out there might not be an award night available.

It took MR about a minute to make the swap and refund my 15K points. I usually go for points, but I have already realized 15K actual points for 2 stays/3 nights, and 15 nights would be a stretch this summer, let alone 20 or 25, so this worked out very well. Just one more Cat 3 or 4 over the next year and I come out ahead.

Well done MR.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 1:50 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
Originally Posted by TimF1975
Yep, I did the hotel A-B-A-switch-a-roo this week. Monday night's stay already showed up on my progress meter.
Done and done. I completed my summer part. 3 certs done.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by iztok
Done and done. I completed my summer part. 3 certs done.
I hopped last week, getting an SPG night in the interim. My Th/Fri stay showed up last night and, as noted above, is already redeemed.

I'm not too worried about getting 4 more stays over the next 9 weeks, and there's no need for immediate consumption other than this first one. (Alaska award nights in August are Cat 5)
Old Jun 24, 2012, 5:08 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, SPG Gold
Exclamation 3 Free Nights vs. 40K in Points

While I have Never been pleased with Marriott's Tier 4 hotels, it seems to me that the stay 2 nights get 1 night free (capped at 3 nights) is a better choice than just getting 40K in points if you are planning to use it at only Tier 7 or 8 hotels. The only reason is the number is simply the number of free nights because the two do not compare.

Often the kind of upscale locations that have a tier 7 or 8 hotel, may Not have a Tier 4 marriott hotel. I realize there are plenty of exceptions but if I am trying take my family on a big 7 day vacation, why not stay 3 nights at a average hotel (Tier 4) and use the rest of my points for 4 nights at a tier 7 or 8 hotel.

40K per night hotels just eat up your points so fast that unless your like some of the people who travel week in and week out, it difficult to accumulate 40K with just a basic card and 3 night a week stays every other week.

I have to admit though that the Tier 7 and 8 Marriott's are often tremendous properties and I just wish I could stay at them more often.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 8:06 am

Programs: DL-Diamond; UA-Silver (moan); Hilton-DIA; Marriott-PPE; IHG-Plat; NC-Exec Elite
Originally Posted by mdaecher
I don't know about that - I have two single one night stays and neither are showing on my promo progress bar, but have posted to my account
On night does count just fine as a stay - they finally posted my single nights
Old Jun 25, 2012, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SimpleManToo
While I have Never been pleased with Marriott's Tier 4 hotels, it seems to me that the stay 2 nights get 1 night free (capped at 3 nights) is a better choice than just getting 40K in points if you are planning to use it at only Tier 7 or 8 hotels. The only reason is the number is simply the number of free nights because the two do not compare.
The 2 promos can't be compared directly. The free certs don't give you any free night in Cat 5 or above hotels.

I'm perfectly with Cat 4 hotels, so for me stay 2 get 1 night free is the right promo for me. But for those who don't stay at any cat 4 or below hotel, then points option will be better because 1. they don't expire, 2. you can bank them up and use it in a higher cat. hotel.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 4:34 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, SPG Gold
and 40K doesn't give you much either at higher tiers

[QUOTE=nacho;18819387]The 2 promos can't be compared directly. The free certs don't give you any free night in Cat 5 or above hotels.

Yea and 40K in points doesn't go a long way at a Tier 7 hotel

It a choice between more nights at lesser hotels or a free night at a higher tier hotel. sigh

I have spoiled myself staying at too many high tier hotels on points i have earned......
Old Jun 28, 2012, 3:46 pm

Hi

In the summer bonus (stay 15 nights- 20K), will I earn a 50% platinum bonus on these too making it 30K from the bonus?
Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.