Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Happy Birthday: a gift for you

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2012, 2:00 pm

Just received mine. The present was a Cat-5 voucher. I have stayed a lot with Marriott in 2011 and qualified to Plat but this year have only stayed at the Cosmo, so they must have thought of more creative ways to make their elites give them more $$.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 2:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by libuser
Just received mine. The present was a Cat-5 voucher. I have stayed a lot with Marriott in 2011 and qualified to Plat but this year have only stayed at the Cosmo, so they must have thought of more creative ways to make their elites give them more $$.
Very nice! When is your birthday? Just trying to determine the timing. My wife's was Dec 20th. Looks like she received her surprise on Dec. 23rd.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 3:01 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat by proxy, Sephora VIB, I have a low AA FF#...
I've never received birthday presents from Marriott themselves, though I've received two of my most awesome birthday gifts while staying at Marriotts, and in 2007, on my birthday, which is February 2, I checked in before my parents and ended up in suite 2207 at the Residence Inn on 6th Avenue between 36th and 37th streets in NYC. I liked that coincidence.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 3:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
I believe they started last year.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 4:54 pm

I am not aware Marriott sent birthday surprise and when I looked under the member profile, there is no place to add your birth date.

Can somebody tell me how to add the information? Thanks,
Old Feb 20, 2012, 7:10 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Silver
My birthday is soon, maybe I will try to find how to add my birthday too. I am only a silver but I have been a member a long time and at least close to gold?
Old Feb 21, 2012, 3:48 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AAdvantage, United MP, Marriott Rewards
I would really appreciate if somebody could tell me where you can enter your birthday. I looked on the Marriott.com site and even Marriott Insiders site, on neither of those I could find a field to enter your birthday.
Or this is something that is very well hidden or there must be different fields for US - European customers.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 7:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
On a dif note - an elite night as a birthday gift to a Lifetime Platinum doesn't really do anything.

Cheers.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 8:21 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
On a dif note - an elite night as a birthday gift to a Lifetime Platinum doesn't really do anything.
You are correct in that those of us that have the LT Plat status may not get much from this. But I suspect Marriott isn't as worried about getting or even keeping those with LT status as they already have us. And if no other hotel, airline or frequent travel program offers anything more than an "e-card", then even something very little, like one extra night credit, can seem like a nice gesture.

And if the recent FT Post Count "issue" has taught us anything its that even one little post (or in this case night) can mean something even to those with LT status.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 10:22 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by lililolo
I am not aware Marriott sent birthday surprise and when I looked under the member profile, there is no place to add your birth date.

Can somebody tell me how to add the information? Thanks,
Originally Posted by kcaluwae
I would really appreciate if somebody could tell me where you can enter your birthday.
Log in, click on "Profile" or "Member Profile", then next to your name (under Personal Information), click "Edit". On the left will be a section for gender and birth date.

Was wondering why I never get the birthday gift only to discover I never told them I was born! Here's hoping this year I get something.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 5:51 pm

I followed those directions and can only edit things like email, address, and phone. I don't see gender and birthdate!
Old Feb 21, 2012, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by HSmartt
I followed those directions and can only edit things like email, address, and phone. I don't see gender and birthdate!
Same here. I called to confirm they had my birthday.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 7:56 pm

Did you really??? I would feel a bit shy..did you just call up and say "hi just wanted you to have my bday on file?" my bday is Thursday... I could call and ask them if they know it is my bday.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by HSmartt
Did you really??? I would feel a bit shy..did you just call up and say "hi just wanted you to have my bday on file?" my bday is Thursday... I could call and ask them if they know it is my bday.
Yup---I had to call about something else specific. I asked if they had my bday on file because my wife received an elite night for hers in December. They confirmed that it was. Hopefully, I will hear something by Friday.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 8:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by hhoope01
You are correct in that those of us that have the LT Plat status may not get much from this. But I suspect Marriott isn't as worried about getting or even keeping those with LT status as they already have us. And if no other hotel, airline or frequent travel program offers anything more than an "e-card", then even something very little, like one extra night credit, can seem like a nice gesture.

And if the recent FT Post Count "issue" has taught us anything its that even one little post (or in this case night) can mean something even to those with LT status.
True, all that.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.