Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld, FL [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2011, 3:46 pm
Original Poster

I have 3 nights booked in March and wanted to know if there were any perks for Gold Level elite status. Concierge floor? Breakfast? Nada?

Thanks in Advance.

Any other hotels in Orlando where your status does get you something?
Old Jan 7, 2011, 3:48 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott Platinum Premier, Starwood Platinum or Gold, Hertz #1 Gold
I just checked out from a 3 night work stay at this very hotel. No concierge lounge. As Platinum I got free breakfast in the hotel restaurant (well, I could have, but conference offered breakfast too). Don't know if this is applicable to golds. Silver co-worker did not get breakfast. Other than that, didn't notice any benefits...
Old Jan 7, 2011, 5:16 pm
Original Poster

room upgrade? Did you ask?
Old Jan 7, 2011, 5:27 pm

Programs: AAdvantage 2 million, Marriott Gold
This property is a Resort. I stayed there once, no lounge due to the resort and little extra. I think I was given weekend breakfast at that time, might have been platinum, not gold. The coupons were only good for ME, not anyone else in the party of 2. I think I might have been given room that faced Sea World. Don't know if that was what I booked or what they upgraded me to. Great for watching the fireworks at Sea World.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 7:11 pm

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
I was there as a Plat about 6 months ago. No upgrade. Not sure how many suites they even have. They weren't real keen on even mentioning my status.

The hotel is ok, however. Nothing special, but not a dump. Its BIG.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 9:54 am

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), Marriott lifetime Plat
Stayed in October over a weekend and was upgraded to a corner "junior suite," which was huge and very nice. I got a free buffet breakfast in the restaurant, but it was limited to a continental breakfast only, meaning no omelets made to order. No matter: I found plenty to fill myself up.

I cannot remember whether I was gold or plat by the time of that stay (sorry).

On the whole, a very nice hotel. I'd stay there again.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 1:28 pm

Programs: AA PLAT, Marriot Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Stayed over here 12/26-12/29. As PLAT, I asked the front desk about free breakfast buffet and the response was no. There was no upgrade, over heard conversation between FD and other guests that the hotel is booked solid. Other than that, the hotel is great for family vacation.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 6:16 pm

stayed there a couple of months ago as a platinum.

this is classified as a 'resort'. there is no concierge lounge. i did not get breakfast. i did not get an upgrade. parking is $15/day due to the hotel being right across the road from the sea world parking area. i tried to get the fee waved, they refused.

the internet is godawful slow.

still, the hotel is not bad. the staff was nice, but the place is geared to families and recreational travelers rather than business travelers. i might have considered staying there again, but the extra cost for being a renaissance and the fee for parking are deal breakers for me. even as a platinum the place ends up not being much different than staying at one of the cheaper courtyard/springhill/fairfield properties in the area.

overall, it's merely ok.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 6:30 pm

Programs: UA P, Delta SL, US SL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IHG PL AMB, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
Interesting, I just got a post card for this property.

15% off rooms
2,000 Bonus points
Free Self Parking

Through 31 March, use promotion code M41.

Also, special discounts on Seaworld tickets.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 6:34 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
Stayed there in the middle of December. I liked the wide-open atrium area, and they upgraded me to a large room on the 9th floor (2nd from the top) with a view of Seaworld. I did not get any kind of free breakfast--instead, they gave me an extra 500 points to "compensate" (on top of the standard 500 point plat amenity.) Breakfast buffet was plenty large, but $21 for it was a bit steep. Agree about the internet being very slow.

Much as I liked the place, if I need to be in the area again, I'd be seriously tempted to stay at the nearby SpringHill which has free parking (I think) and free breakfast.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by LoganFlyer
Stayed there in the middle of December. I liked the wide-open atrium area, and they upgraded me to a large room on the 9th floor (2nd from the top) with a view of Seaworld. I did not get any kind of free breakfast--instead, they gave me an extra 500 points to "compensate" (on top of the standard 500 point plat amenity.) Breakfast buffet was plenty large, but $21 for it was a bit steep. Agree about the internet being very slow.

Much as I liked the place, if I need to be in the area again, I'd be seriously tempted to stay at the nearby SpringHill which has free parking (I think) and free breakfast.
the springhill seaworld location (and the adjacent fairfield) are pretty good options. free parking, free breakfast (eggs, muffins, etc), and cheaper rates than the renaissance.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 6:07 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
Update after a 4 day stay... at best, I would consider this a mini-resort OR a hotel with a few extra amenities. Anyone expecting a grand resort vacation is going to be disappointed.

The good:
1) received a pre-arrival email which provided contact information, always a positive.
2) Plat status was recognized, and 500 extra points given in lieu of breakfast. As most resorts do not provide even that, have to give them a kudos for it. Also special check-in area for MR members.
3) All employees were pleasant and efficient. Bell staff and Valet were particularly good.
4) if you have very small children, Shamu makes an appearance at breakfast and is a cute photo op, for free.

The "meh":
1) the rooms are right on the edge of needing a refurbishment
2) the breakfast buffet was well kept - but pricey and standard Marriott. not a chance I would pay this price, and I am a person who hates the hassle of going off site for brekkie. It is also packed with families who are headed out for big days at the parks..so peaceful it is not. Fun to watch, but not quiet!
3) there is a Starbucks on site (big plus) but it closes at 6pm (big minus)

The bad:
1) I had made my reservation 6 months in advance and did not get a room on the SeaWorld side. Hotel was sold out, but no excuse...it literally turned over the day I arrived, so it would have been easy to block a room.
2) I received a call at 7am about "coffee being sent as a resolution to a problem" - which wasn't mine, so being woken up when a do not disturb was posted did not start my day off well!
3) room service breakfast was not delivered as ordered, and I did not have time to wait for a correction
4) there is a charge to park, even if you self park. Considering that the SHS and FI are right around the corner and do not charge....this is a big detriment.

To be fair, I received points for the "errors" in service, so I will say they do care about Plat status, and make a solid effort.

If you have small children, this "resort" would work well. You wouldn't walk your legs off, the rooms are larger due to the age of the hotel, there is a mini frig in the room, the pool area is very nice - and it does have a nicer ambiance than the SHS or RI.

If you have older kids that are going to want the "extras"? Not a good place.

For me, it will depend on price. The points provided were a plus, but I still think it falls short. For the right price I would return - but to pay top dollar/point redemption? There are other hotels in the area that are either a better value - or provide a better experience.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 2:08 pm

Programs: HiltonH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, Hyatt-Diamond,SPG-newbie
anyone revisit this hotel recently?

Planning to book with awards, but would this give is the seaworld quick pass too on awards nights?
Old Oct 13, 2015, 3:35 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by tdrag97
Planning to book with awards, but would this give is the seaworld quick pass too on awards nights?
Forgive me, but what? I think autocorrect got a bit too zealous :-).

(To answer the first part, I haven't stayed there since my post above, but that's because I haven't needed to be in Orlando since then, not any property specific reason.)

Last edited by LoganFlyer; Oct 13, 2015 at 6:27 pm
Old Aug 19, 2021, 10:37 pm

I'd called a few weeks before my stay and confirmed that Plats get free cold breakfast but can pay $10 to upgrade to a full breakfast. When we got there, I was surprised to find out the whole breakfast was free. No vouchers - I was part of a list, and it was all taken care of. Supposedly this was a very recent change. Breakfast was fantastic, and the service was great. Overall, the service was great from everywhere for the entire stay... except checkin.

When I (with just my 3 year old) first got into the room, there were huge wet spots in the carpet. Back to the front desk I went, and they offered to move me, but before moving anything, I first checked the room out - it's right next to the ice machine - nope. Went back to the front desk to get my original room back. I said, "y'all must be pretty packed to put me in a room next to the ice machine." No response but uncomfortable body language from him, but he offered another room that I turned down (needed to get out to Seaworld pronto). Wet spot was still pretty wet 8 hours later but mostly dry in the morning.

3 year LOVED the water slides and pool at the hotel. It was about a half mile from the hotel entrance to the Seaworld entrance, and the four lane big street wasn't too busy in that I was comfortable carrying my kid on my shoulders crossing it. Light FROGGER stuff which we had to make work because I opted not to get a rental car.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.