Search

Bangalore Marriott

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2013, 7:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott, Virgin Atlantic, BA
Bangalore Marriott

Hi

I need to fly out to Bangalore the week after next with work.

Has anyone stayed at the Marriott? I always stay Marriott when I can, but my office is based at Manyata Tech Park.

I have heard horror stories about the traffic.

The hotel is 18km away, and google says 30-45 mins by taxi.

Does anyone know if this is accurate?

I may have to stay elsewhere..
Old Jul 30, 2013, 10:34 am

How was it? I'll be there in Sept and was looking at the same hotel. However, our office is only 6km away, so huge bonus there.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 2:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott, Virgin Atlantic, BA
The hotel itself was great - lovely hotel, executive room was large and really nice.

In the end, I did 3 nights at ITC Windsor, and 2 nights at the Marriott, as I was working from the client's office in Whitefield on the Friday.

I didn't want to risk being caught in traffic for 2 hours a day.

With it being 6km away, you probably should be ok - but you can't guarantee it!
Old Jul 31, 2013, 9:21 am

Thanks!
Old Sep 4, 2016, 1:08 am

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Any more recent reports on this hotel? It is the closest Marriott hotel to the office I have to go (20 minutes vs. 1+ hour for any other Marriott in Bangalore), and I wonder if it is the right place to stay. My alternative would be a Four Points that is even closer to where I need to go (about a three minutes ride) but obviously is offering less services. However I will arrive there late at night and depart after breakfast the next day, so I wonder if that would make any difference anyhow.

So with this I would appreciate if you have any feedback on the Bangalore Marriott...thanks in advance.

Regards,

Dirk
Old Sep 4, 2016, 9:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I'd be interested in reading an update re: the Bangalore Marriott. But if you're arriving late at night & departing after breakfast, not sure it makes too much of a difference. The hotel's website says the exec lounge is open from 6am-midnight so you could have breakfast in the lounge & perhaps grab a coffee or soda late at night.

Cheers.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 11:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM; LH FT (*A Silver); Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite; Starwood Corporate Preferred
I have found my 6 or so stays at the Marriott worth some of the traffic issues. Also offices at Manyata so the commute was about 30 to 45 minutes.

It is a great Marriott property. Comfortable beds, solid staff...great check in service for late arrivals (I always use the hotel car service to meet me at the airport so I'm sure that helps in being prepared from my arrival). I have never had an issue with them.

Great gym facilities, solid restaurant offerings. Secure and safe facility.

You might also want to consider the Ritz Cartlon BLR. It's also fairly new, competitive rates and centrally located. I bounce back and forth between the two and can't decide which I like better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.