Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 11, 2014, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ed765
USB Buxx

(NOTE: stopped taking new applications ~mid February 2014 through the official link.
Current users can still add new cards.)

• Initial purchase fee: $15 + $2.50 load fee
  • Load fee: $2.50 per load, $517.50 max load per transaction ($520 charge to card)
  • Max load per day: $2,000 per CC
  • Max load per rolling 30 days: $2,000 per card, but $5k per CC (if you have multiple teen cards.)
    NOTE: The rolling 30 days is also time sensitive. For example, if you loaded on 9/1 at 2 PM local time and try to load on 10/1 at 12 PM local time, it will NOT work. You must load on 10/1 at 2 PM or later.
  • Max value at any time: $2,000
  • Max ATM withdraw: $200, max 3 ATM per day ($600 total). No fee at US Bank ATMs. Other 'Plus' or Visa ATM $1.50 + ATM fee.
  • You may only add/edit two new credit/debit payment methods every 24 hours, three every 30 days and 5 every 180 days.

Also - Answer ALL the identification questions in your profile (not JUST three or four) USBuxx will sometimes ask you one of the questions, if you use the account on a new computer. HOWEVER - they are more than happy to ask you an unanswered question - talk about BROKEN! So, answer ALL the questions so that when you are prompted - you can answer any of them.

Do not load with any US Bank card as this will not provide points.
Citi codes as purchase and earns points for US Bank

NW Buxx

• Initial purchase fee: $5 (waived with promo code: 02050053)
  • $2 load fee
  • Max load per day: $500
  • Max load per rolling 30 days: $1,000
  • The maximum Card value is $1,000.00
  • Max ATM per week: ($200 - but only if specifically enabled online, including PIN setup). No fee for some Allpoint ATMs (no way to know in advance if the Allpoint ATM will ding you $1; check your account carefully and call if necessary to reverse the $1 charge…IME 2/3 Allpoint ATMs do charge the fee).
  • Max spend per 7 rolling days: $800

Max # of CC on file for both is 2. Each has a max # of loads per card per 7 day rolling period (~3/4). If you card fails to load, first try to switch to another CC, second check to make sure there are at least 7 calendar days between loads.

Reports of Citi cards (at least Mastercard) coding as purchase for NW Buxx (Jan 2015), but YMMV.

TD Bank Go Buxx

Dead - "members will only be able to load TD Go Card(s) using a TD Bank Debit or Credit Card, or by direct deposit."

• Initial purchase fee: $4.95 + $1 load fee.
  • Max load per day: $500
  • Max load per 7 days: $2,000
  • Max load per rolling 30 days: $3,000
  • Max per ATM withdraw: $60/week. (No fee at TD Bank.)
  • Max balance: $2,000
  • Max transactions: no limit
  • Max load per funding CC (across multiple teens): only via TD CC $6,000 per 30 days

Limits are per teen card, not per master account

States not supported.

AL, AK, AS, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, MP, OH, OK, OR, PW, PR, SD, TN, TX, UT, VI, WA, WV, WI, WY
According to thread, USPS MOs count against the ATM withdraw limit.
Citi codes as purchase and earns points for TD Bank loads.
Citi with some cards including the Exec will keep your order as pending and it will take up Credit limit for 3 to 4 weeks.

Beginning September 3, 2014, we're making changes to the TD GO Card program.
•We're decreasing the reload limit. We're reducing the per-day reload amount from $1,000 to $500. Rest assured, your maximum card balance at any time will remain at $2,000.
•We're changing how you can fund your TD Go Card. Account owners and friends and family members will only be able to load TD Go Card(s) using a TD Bank Debit or Credit Card, or by direct deposit.

Do not create too many accounts too fast. Some reports of account shutdown when same SSN used across multiple cards / accounts in a short period of time.
Print Wikipost

VISA Buxx

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2014, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by ed1chandler
1 Parent, 3 Children
1 card won't load, but I'm pretty sure it should.

Not over the max load per day.
Not over max value on the cards in question.
Not over the max $5k monthly per funding card on either card used. ($1952.23 on one, $2939.54 pm on the other)

The one that won't load...
"Card A" has had $990.28 loaded in the last 30 days. (I vary the amounts.)

The others:
"Card B" has had $1951.11 loaded in the last 30 days.
"Card C" has had $1959.77 loaded in the last 30 days.

(Interestingly, Card B has a value load that I made outside the window by 4 days, but appears to have posted to the account 4 days later so it's inside the 30 day window. Likewise, Card C had a load that I recorded outside the window by a day, but must have posted a day later ... that one doesn't bother me.)

All unloads are at the same ATM. (Someone else who was shut down reported this pattern as well.)

I guess I'll see what happens when "Card C" shows it's ready according to the online register.

If anyone finds this data useful, that's great.
If anyone has any thoughts, I'm listening.
Have you unloaded all the money? If not does the amount you are tring to load exceed the amount you are allowed in the account.

I know you cannot exceed. $2000 at any time for TD.

Also don't know what card you are using but I couldn't reload my Marriott as my cash advance hadn't reset. Once it did I was good to go.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
Also don't know what card you are using but I couldn't reload my Marriott as my cash advance hadn't reset. Once it did I was good to go.
Confirm the reset takes 3 biz days. 1st load on 8/11 for total of $998.85 but the reduction of CA was rounded up to $1K. Transaction posted on 8/13 but CA reset happened on 8/14.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
Yes. That's what happens. Read my post above. It took 3 days to reset. I couldn't reload until it reset as my cash advance limit on the Marriott is only $1000.
I loaded mine with Chase Ink+ and the CA went down by $1001. I have to see how long will it take to reset (3 days or more). Anyone loaded with Ink +?
Old Aug 16, 2014, 4:20 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by ed1chandler
1 Parent, 3 Children
1 card won't load, but I'm pretty sure it should.

Not over the max load per day.
Not over max value on the cards in question.
Not over the max $5k monthly per funding card on either card used. ($1952.23 on one, $2939.54 pm on the other)

The one that won't load...
"Card A" has had $990.28 loaded in the last 30 days. (I vary the amounts.)

The others:
"Card B" has had $1951.11 loaded in the last 30 days.
"Card C" has had $1959.77 loaded in the last 30 days.

If anyone finds this data useful, that's great.
If anyone has any thoughts, I'm listening.

Is this the balance or the amount funded? What is the current balance on the card that won't load? How much did you try to load?

My suggestion is to 1) withdraw funds from the card down to about $50. 2) Use a new credit card to load 3) Make that load very small... like $100, and see what happens.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 10:05 pm

Did anyone try to use Chase freedom to load TD go card? I called Chase and reset my CA limit to zero today and am wondering if loading first posted as CA and changed to purchase later? if so i need to call Chase again to change my CA limit back.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zgrzfg
Did anyone try to use Chase freedom to load TD go card? I called Chase and reset my CA limit to zero today and am wondering if loading first posted as CA and changed to purchase later? if so i need to call Chase again to change my CA limit back.
You failed to read the thread, even just the last few days as the Chase mechanism was discussed.

It seems Chase initially treats it as CA when it is Pending. At posting, it is treated as purchase.

You would not be able to load with CA set to 0, same reason why Ink Bold cannot be used as Ink Bold is a Charge card, thus no CA limit whatsoever.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 10:47 pm

My bad. i read some pages and did not get the point. guess I need to call back Chase and get CA limit back. thanks for the reply.

Originally Posted by Happy
You failed to read the thread, even just the last few days as the Chase mechanism was discussed.

It seems Chase initially treats it as CA when it is Pending. At posting, it is treated as purchase.

You would not be able to load with CA set to 0, same reason why Ink Bold cannot be used as Ink Bold is a Charge card, thus no CA limit whatsoever.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 8:02 pm

NFCU Buxx

Just signed up for the NFCU buxx. Looks like I'll be able to generate 5K/month in spend with a 1.5% CC and this will replace the TD. Does anyone have experience with this version?
Old Aug 18, 2014, 5:21 am

Programs: BA, AA, SPG, HLTN, ETC
Originally Posted by bewareofduck
Just signed up for the NFCU buxx. Looks like I'll be able to generate 5K/month in spend with a 1.5% CC and this will replace the TD. Does anyone have experience with this version?
It their FAQ it states:
You can use your Navy Federal Visa Check Card or Navy Federal Visa or MasterCard credit card. We do not accept any other forms of payment nor any debit or credit cards issued from other financial institutions.

How are you going to MS when it seems the only card(s) you can use at NF cards?
Old Aug 18, 2014, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by air360
It their FAQ it states:
You can use your Navy Federal Visa Check Card or Navy Federal Visa or MasterCard credit card. We do not accept any other forms of payment nor any debit or credit cards issued from other financial institutions.

See post 3280. I'm going to MS with my Navy Federal Cash Rewards CC. It's at least worth a try with no-fee loads.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 6:03 am

Originally Posted by air360
It their FAQ it states:

Probably using the 1.5% NF card but $75 a month doesn't seem much when you can easily get that with AGC portal. It is probably not worth the risk if you value the relationship with your NFCU
Old Aug 18, 2014, 7:18 pm

Is anyone else having any issues with the TD Buxx paying Citi on the phone? I have never had a problem, and made two payments last week. I tried twice today and it failed both times on the phone. Doing a $1,000 payment, with $1,000 on the account. I tried $950 and it didn't allow it either. Bit worried TD may have killed this option, although the Buxx card is dead soon anyway.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 8:29 pm

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by waygora
Is anyone else having any issues with the TD Buxx paying Citi on the phone? I have never had a problem, and made two payments last week. I tried twice today and it failed both times on the phone. Doing a $1,000 payment, with $1,000 on the account. I tried $950 and it didn't allow it either. Bit worried TD may have killed this option, although the Buxx card is dead soon anyway.
I did two separate $1k payments today and they went through fine. Maybe you are over your rolling spend limit?
Old Aug 19, 2014, 11:41 am

Damnit, I have a load that was refunded on 8/06...still not in.

Tomorrow is the end of the 10 business days...I hope it turns out alright and I don't need to call!
Old Aug 19, 2014, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
I did two separate $1k payments today and they went through fine. Maybe you are over your rolling spend limit?
I loaded 3k this month, successfully paid off the previous 2k. This is my last thousand I'll probably be able to do before the TD Card is done. Citibank keeps saying it's not going through, but the card is definitely active and has $1,000 on it.

Might end up having them close the card and refund it if this doesn't work. Or just buy a MO I suppose, probably easier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.