Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 11, 2014, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ed765
USB Buxx

(NOTE: stopped taking new applications ~mid February 2014 through the official link.
Current users can still add new cards.)

• Initial purchase fee: $15 + $2.50 load fee
  • Load fee: $2.50 per load, $517.50 max load per transaction ($520 charge to card)
  • Max load per day: $2,000 per CC
  • Max load per rolling 30 days: $2,000 per card, but $5k per CC (if you have multiple teen cards.)
    NOTE: The rolling 30 days is also time sensitive. For example, if you loaded on 9/1 at 2 PM local time and try to load on 10/1 at 12 PM local time, it will NOT work. You must load on 10/1 at 2 PM or later.
  • Max value at any time: $2,000
  • Max ATM withdraw: $200, max 3 ATM per day ($600 total). No fee at US Bank ATMs. Other 'Plus' or Visa ATM $1.50 + ATM fee.
  • You may only add/edit two new credit/debit payment methods every 24 hours, three every 30 days and 5 every 180 days.

Also - Answer ALL the identification questions in your profile (not JUST three or four) USBuxx will sometimes ask you one of the questions, if you use the account on a new computer. HOWEVER - they are more than happy to ask you an unanswered question - talk about BROKEN! So, answer ALL the questions so that when you are prompted - you can answer any of them.

Do not load with any US Bank card as this will not provide points.
Citi codes as purchase and earns points for US Bank

NW Buxx

• Initial purchase fee: $5 (waived with promo code: 02050053)
  • $2 load fee
  • Max load per day: $500
  • Max load per rolling 30 days: $1,000
  • The maximum Card value is $1,000.00
  • Max ATM per week: ($200 - but only if specifically enabled online, including PIN setup). No fee for some Allpoint ATMs (no way to know in advance if the Allpoint ATM will ding you $1; check your account carefully and call if necessary to reverse the $1 charge…IME 2/3 Allpoint ATMs do charge the fee).
  • Max spend per 7 rolling days: $800

Max # of CC on file for both is 2. Each has a max # of loads per card per 7 day rolling period (~3/4). If you card fails to load, first try to switch to another CC, second check to make sure there are at least 7 calendar days between loads.

Reports of Citi cards (at least Mastercard) coding as purchase for NW Buxx (Jan 2015), but YMMV.

TD Bank Go Buxx

Dead - "members will only be able to load TD Go Card(s) using a TD Bank Debit or Credit Card, or by direct deposit."

• Initial purchase fee: $4.95 + $1 load fee.
  • Max load per day: $500
  • Max load per 7 days: $2,000
  • Max load per rolling 30 days: $3,000
  • Max per ATM withdraw: $60/week. (No fee at TD Bank.)
  • Max balance: $2,000
  • Max transactions: no limit
  • Max load per funding CC (across multiple teens): only via TD CC $6,000 per 30 days

Limits are per teen card, not per master account

States not supported.

AL, AK, AS, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, MP, OH, OK, OR, PW, PR, SD, TN, TX, UT, VI, WA, WV, WI, WY
According to thread, USPS MOs count against the ATM withdraw limit.
Citi codes as purchase and earns points for TD Bank loads.
Citi with some cards including the Exec will keep your order as pending and it will take up Credit limit for 3 to 4 weeks.

Beginning September 3, 2014, we're making changes to the TD GO Card program.
•We're decreasing the reload limit. We're reducing the per-day reload amount from $1,000 to $500. Rest assured, your maximum card balance at any time will remain at $2,000.
•We're changing how you can fund your TD Go Card. Account owners and friends and family members will only be able to load TD Go Card(s) using a TD Bank Debit or Credit Card, or by direct deposit.

Do not create too many accounts too fast. Some reports of account shutdown when same SSN used across multiple cards / accounts in a short period of time.
Print Wikipost

VISA Buxx

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2014, 9:09 am

Data point-

I've been loading my 2 TD Go cards with my Chase sapphire and citi AA Exec cards.

Both eventually clear as purchases. With City it takes almost a month for the duplicate 'pending' charge to fall.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 4:16 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA, ANA
Noticed today that the purchase description changed on Chase from TD BANK NA to TD BANK GO PREPAID. Hope that doesnt change anything.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 8:20 am

So I tried searching and cannot find an answer. I see that us buxx and Td buxx are ok to load to bluebird. I'm assuming nw buxx will work to load bluebird at the custmer service desk? Is there a nw buxx limit besides the bluebird limit?
Old Apr 23, 2014, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by sarrisa
So I tried searching and cannot find an answer. I see that us buxx and Td buxx are ok to load to bluebird. I'm assuming nw buxx will work to load bluebird at the custmer service desk? Is there a nw buxx limit besides the bluebird limit?
I actually tried to load my BB with NW a few months ago. It worked for 3 loads, on the 4th i got on a 3-way call to talk with nationwide.

Amex said i can't use a prepaid debit card
Old Apr 23, 2014, 2:31 pm

I just tried WM billpay for the first time using my TD Go card. Single payment of $923 to mastercard. No luck. It said unable to process transaction. Any ideas?
Old Apr 23, 2014, 4:47 pm

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
Originally Posted by tzoom84
I just tried WM billpay for the first time using my TD Go card. Single payment of $923 to mastercard. No luck. It said unable to process transaction. Any ideas?
did you set up a pin?
Old Apr 23, 2014, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by stupidzbu
did you set up a pin?

yes. I tested the pIn in the past on Bluebird as well as debit purchases at a register

Although I just tried a $500 bluebird load and it said "unable to process debit transaction". I then went to a register and bought my gum with same card and pin no problem. Weird...

Also I just loaded $1000 last night from my citi card onto the buxx card. It said that there was a full $1000 available. Is there a holding period maybe?

Last edited by tzoom84; Apr 23, 2014 at 5:05 pm
Old Apr 23, 2014, 5:13 pm

False alarm. Just realized I capped out on my $2000 in transactions per 7 days. I need to wait two days. Whoops!!
Old Apr 23, 2014, 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by vinyalwhl
Noticed today that the purchase description changed on Chase from TD BANK NA to TD BANK GO PREPAID. Hope that doesnt change anything.
I noticed that and don't like it. Let's see how it posts...
Old Apr 23, 2014, 9:36 pm

Chase still codes it as a sale.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 12:13 pm

When you say that the limits for the TD card are only for the teen card and not the master does that mean that I could take out more than 60 from an ATM at one time?
Old Apr 24, 2014, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by Mdrills
When you say that the limits for the TD card are only for the teen card and not the master does that mean that I could take out more than 60 from an ATM at one time?
You have a "master" card on your TD GO account? Then yes, there are no ATM withdrawal limits. Please do not tell anybody though, blogs may pick up on it......

Or if you have multiple teen cards, then you probably can withdraw the maximum allowed $60/week per teen card...

Last edited by 22calbr; Apr 24, 2014 at 2:07 pm Reason: I was kidding about the master. Please do not PM me.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 2:45 pm

^Hah, I got excited for a second.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 9:38 am

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
Originally Posted by mabramovich
To be fair, in a major urban centre, this is non-trivial. I've not found a single place in urban Boston
boston sucks without CVS

there is literally NO PLACE in the entire city or cambridge that will sell a MO with debit outside the post office...

and the stop & shop doesn't sell cards with CC either.. shaw's is worse
Old Apr 25, 2014, 9:41 am

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
You guys need to relax.
I go fly for a few days and I get slammed with PM's.
My inbox is at 99%

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.