Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 25, 2017, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for 2017. The previous discussion on this topic can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...thread-77.html
The thread for 2018 is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1886480-giftcardmall-master-thread-2018-a.html

What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 15K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- A Few people report it is blocked for the day, try again the next day. MOST ppl report being permanently blocked. Or you entered a wrong 3-digit security number.
GCM recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. Be sure you are not using an ad blocker and not disabling any cookie settings (3rd party, tracking, etc.) from the default or you may get this error.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have the cards reissued or canceled. Orders usually arrive in 5-10 days.

Check your cc for pending or posted payments and call about your order if you are concerned it is taking a long time for delivery. Sometimes GCM was taking up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall Master Thread(2017)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2017, 12:24 pm

Programs: Citi AAdvantage
I tried to register my cards on www.giftcardmall.com/mygift and it says to try back later. I think they are working on their website or something.

Same here...
Old Jul 22, 2017, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by Travelz
I tried to use Discover on GCM, but they didn't accept Discover. Give it a try and let us know if it works.
Yep - Kind of a dumb question honestly haha. Discover isn't listed and when I put in a my discover card it says that the number is invalid - so definitely doesn't work. If they ever change in the future it would be wonderful.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 1:53 pm

Kind of curious if anyone has experienced this problem. I tried to make an order on GCM witha USBank card and it was denied. Called USbank and allegedly got them to override it. Tried to order on GCM again, still no dice. Called USbank a second time and they said the amount is what's triggering the need to have an even higher level of override. So did the "second level" override. Go back to GCM and place the order, no dice, and it tells me that I need to contact GCM. I call them (now the charge is showing up as pending on USB) and GCM rep resets my account, tells me to clear my cookies and to try again. No luck, GCM advised me that since I had made many attempts on GCM it may have locked me out for 24 hours. What a pain. I hope I haven't been burned or good with GCM.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 1:56 pm

it looks like you've tried too many times. I had to switch cc card to place an order. That's how I got around it.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by pancakeman27
What evidence do you have that the discover miles card 1.5%X2 won't work for GCM and only GC.com?
Seriously?
Old Jul 23, 2017, 7:32 pm

anyone know if any of the giftcardmall.com GC work to pay citi cc by phone?
Old Jul 23, 2017, 8:20 pm

No. It doesn't work. Just open a Bluebird account and you have 5k limit per month. There after, go to Walmart to get money orders if you need to rack more points. Make sure you use a portal to compensate the money spent on paying for fees.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 8:26 am

For VGC purchases on GCM, I made a purchase with a card I typically use except that last week I had changed the address (on that bank's website) on it for a separate non MS reason and had forgotten to change it back yesterday when I placed the order. AS soon as I hit submit I realized my mistake. However, the order went through just fine with the incorrect address I had changed it to last week and the current shipping address. I was curious as to why my card had one address, and my shipping address had another, yet the order went through?
Old Jul 24, 2017, 8:34 am

so... you are complaining that it went through???? --
Old Jul 24, 2017, 9:21 am

No, I'm curious because others have been scorched by GCM for far less. It also hasn't shipped obviously with it being ordered yesterday so I could still get the cancellation email. I also did a small amount which may fly under the radar of GCM's policy on having different shipping and billing addresses.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 9:26 am

I did see that. At the beginning, I started with a small order, and it was lingering in the system only to learn it got cancelled. Then, I tried it with a different card. It worked. Slowly start incrementing your orders so it doesn't cancel. Start with 500, then 1500, then,, 2500,,, and so on. If you jump from 500 to an order of 5000,,, ain't gonna fly.

About the different delivery address,, I think if they offer it, it should be okay. Normally, they like it to be the same as the billing address of the CC. That's my take. Keep me posted to see how it ends up.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 10:39 am

I'm not sure why people make big orders when limit is 15K per month anyway. You can make 1.5K orders for 10 consecutive days or every other day instead to reach your limit.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 10:58 am

oh... I thought you knew. People use their brother, sister, husbands, dog, and cats to place multiple orders... All tied to one frequent mile club.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 7:03 am

July 27 order not tracked? Anyone?
Old Jul 30, 2017, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by cashcyclone
I'm not sure why people make big orders when limit is 15K per month anyway. You can make 1.5K orders for 10 consecutive days or every other day instead to reach your limit.
Hassle factor. I prefer 2 7.5K orders every 30 days. I'm willing to eat the 10.95 ship fees on each order. Whatever works for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.