Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bluebird Shutdowns

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2016, 9:13 am

We will probably see how widespread Bluebird was when this tread reaches 100 pages or more by the end of the day
Old Jan 8, 2016, 9:13 am

Programs: United Silver, PC Plat/Amb, HH Dmnd
Originally Posted by jdcbomb
I believe the answer is pretty simple:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25984127-post70.html

I'm wondering has anyone actually tried to load today with a "closed" account?
A commenter over at TFM had the axe fall mid-load: http://frequentmiler.boardingarea.co...omment-1510982

Andyandy
Old Jan 8, 2016, 9:15 am

shutdown here too. Will this be a black mark on our credit reports?
Old Jan 8, 2016, 9:15 am

Programs: AOPA
Originally Posted by EWRfflyer
We will probably see how widespread Bluebird was when this tread reaches 100 pages or more by the end of the day
I agree, all of the people who manage more than 5.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 9:16 am

OMG I just got the same email and was coming here to post ALL of my Serve and Bluebird accounts have been shutdown
Old Jan 8, 2016, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Wonder if there is any recourse here... did anyone get through to a rep and do they have any info besides send a letter to the black hole postal address that will never get answered?
I pay bills with mine, not just load and immediately pay back to the same CC and got shut down. Wife got shut down and has only used a gift card load a handful of times and others were for transfers and bill pay etc.

Is this how Amex is getting rid of BB instead of just sending a program termination notice to everyone?
Old Jan 8, 2016, 9:18 am

Thankfully loaded 10k on 1/6 lol, still have 2.5k left, was going to load last night but forgot to, should have gone, oh well

1 SoftServe, 3 BBs shut down this morning.

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
I got the same email on the only Bluebird I have. Activity has consisted of loading and then writing physical checks twice a month for mortgage and occasionally for other things. Can't see any point in writing to protest, given the volume of account shutdowns reported here.

Also received my e-mail. Was loading between 2-3K a month, ramped it up through the holidays. I have about $1000 in GC outstanding, not too bad...guess it will go to MOs.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 9:19 am

It'll be a few days before I'm able to full drain my accounts. Anybody with an already empty account (or one that can be emptied very quickly): we need data points on re-applying. If we open a new account, will it be approved, or denied/quickly shut down? Will they (as someone suggested earlier) approve new accounts for the new products (with higher fees, etc.)?

Anybody who does apply, please include as much of the following info as possible:
-Which product you had (that got shut down)
-Which product you applied for
-How you applied (online, bought a temp card at Walmart, etc.)
-The results (immediate approval/denial, a message that it was under review, etc.)
-How long you waited between closing one account and applying for the other
-Whether you used all the same contact details (address, phone, email, etc.) on the new application as you had on the old card
Old Jan 8, 2016, 9:19 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, UA Gold
I also was just shutdown. Had 3 accounts shut down so far. Not sure about the other as I haven't checked yet. Got the same vague message. Thought it was just me, but now I see that I am not alone. They are probably just doing this to purge the system and make way for a more lucrative option (for them).
Old Jan 8, 2016, 9:20 am

I got the same email shutting down my account, i only did one bill pay in December and one in October, 1400 , 1500 each
Old Jan 8, 2016, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by jdcbomb
I believe the answer is pretty simple:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25984127-post70.html

I'm wondering has anyone actually tried to load today with a "closed" account?

NOt sure of the timing on the shutdowns today. I did a VGC load at 9:57 this morning. Got the shutdown email at 10:10.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 9:21 am

Seems like they are shutting everyone down no matter what lol
Old Jan 8, 2016, 9:22 am

3/3 shutdown. Loaded the full 5k via Kate every month.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.