Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2016, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: skitch23
This thread is a continuation of the previous discussion located here.

See post #412 - Ordering gc's thru the Kroger site will post fuel points to the associated shopper card upon shipment of physical cards and email delivery for e-gc's. Points are earned in the same increments as if you bought them at the store (usually 2x or 4x if there is a promotion). Transactions are processed by GiftCardMall and therefore do not earn additional points/cb from your credit card issuer for a "supermarket purchase".
Print Wikipost

Kroger master thread (2016 to 2018)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2016, 7:58 am

Thanks for the update, I tried my close by Kroger and they were not having anything to do with "non bank issued debit cards" for MO so I didn't even bother with check free pay. I was impressed because with other stores I am able to use the VGC fro GCM that have my name printed on them.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 8:20 pm

Programs: All of them to one degree or another
I think Kroger corporate is cracking down. Our Kroger owned chain Harris Teeter has gone from 70% success rate to close to zero lately.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by DeaconY
I think Kroger corporate is cracking down. Our Kroger owned chain Harris Teeter has gone from 70% success rate to close to zero lately.
my experience as well. i had at least 8 totally reliable Krogers, now i have zero. they all seem to have the same training now- 'i need to see the card that you're using', and then they watch like a hawk- the old card switch-a-roo has been busted twice and i don't think i can endure being 'caught' again- i felt like Dillinger! perhaps a magic camp to learn sleight of hand is in my future! ha. joking. or am i...
Old Aug 27, 2016, 12:39 am

Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
Thanks for the update, I tried my close by Kroger and they were not having anything to do with "non bank issued debit cards" for MO so I didn't even bother with check free pay. I was impressed because with other stores I am able to use the VGC fro GCM that have my name printed on them.
same here; a friendly cashier at CS booth who didn't care before now asked to see the bank card or didn't allow GC. Has anyone tried to place both cards together (with the bank DC cover) to swipe, lol? is it possible or may be a bit too thick to swipe?
Old Aug 27, 2016, 1:43 pm

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Originally Posted by danhouston
same here; a friendly cashier at CS booth who didn't care before now asked to see the bank card or didn't allow GC. Has anyone tried to place both cards together (with the bank DC cover) to swipe, lol? is it possible or may be a bit too thick to swipe?
Where do you guys live?

My Kroger is still a beauty. Terminals to swipe card can't even be seen by CS. Been offloading the MCGCs from Sam s Club and some Simon VGCs for MO without a problem, and with the coupon they are only $0.30 each, which is even better. Only thing is my Kroger is building a huge new Kroger 2 blocks from where it is, so hopefully when they open it, everything stays the same. I have a second Kroger 2 miles away, but that one does not have the self checkout with the new software
Old Aug 29, 2016, 6:44 am

Does anyone know if when using self-checkout you can do split payment? I have some AGCs I'd like to unload during my normal purchase of VGC. So, my thought is scan 3 VGCs, then use the AGC for payment (hoping it auto-drains) then use the credit card for the balance. Does this work at Kroger?
Old Aug 29, 2016, 6:51 am

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Originally Posted by cdog999
Does anyone know if when using self-checkout you can do split payment? I have some AGCs I'd like to unload during my normal purchase of VGC. So, my thought is scan 3 VGCs, then use the AGC for payment (hoping it auto-drains) then use the credit card for the balance. Does this work at Kroger?
I do split payments all the time, but for transactions less than $100. IME anything greater than that requires an ID check if not paying with a chipped card.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by cdog999
At my Kroger, if it's NOT EMV/chip, CSR will need to enter your DL. Some compare CC with DL. So if they see it's an AGC, they might not let you allow it.

I think I've auto drained a VVGC before because I knew the CSR wouldn't compare with DL.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 11:12 am

Programs: All of them to one degree or another
Originally Posted by lumangoy
At my Kroger, if it's NOT EMV/chip, CSR will need to enter your DL. Some compare CC with DL. So if they see it's an AGC, they might not let you allow it.

I think I've auto drained a VVGC before because I knew the CSR wouldn't compare with DL.
My Kroger auto drains
Old Sep 5, 2016, 1:08 pm

if unloading MCGC by US bank for MO, will we need to press the change payment like Walmart"s? TIA
Old Sep 9, 2016, 12:28 am

do some kroger have a self check out or service for MOs? Is there one? or only SCO for debit card purchases? if there's SCO for MO, how does it work or what r the steps? TIA
Old Sep 9, 2016, 1:45 am

Programs: Some of them not all ...
if unloading MCGC by US bank for MO, will we need to press the change payment like Walmart"s? TIA
With the Vanilla MCGC, the PIN pops up immediately after swiping the card. So no need to do anything extra.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 2:17 pm

i have the same question as danhouston above - would be interested in knowing whether extra special steps are required when unloading USB MC gebit in Kroger

my other options are of course PO or WM; the latter will require some fast fingers
Old Sep 12, 2016, 1:17 am

Originally Posted by gnomey
i have the same question as danhouston above - would be interested in knowing whether extra special steps are required when unloading USB MC gebit in Kroger

my other options are of course PO or WM; the latter will require some fast fingers
carlitos did previously answer the question; but, all krogers in my area r useless for me as all rep. asked to see bank DC or asked to swipe the card themselves; too bad, can't get MOs for .35 cents (with 50% digital coupon); anyone has any tricks to divert those cashier's attention, lol?
Old Sep 12, 2016, 3:23 am

carlitos did previously answer the question; but, all krogers in my area r useless for me as all rep. asked to see bank DC or asked to swipe the card themselves; too bad, can't get MOs for .35 cents (with 50% digital coupon); anyone has any tricks to divert those cashier's attention, lol?
i see. i guess carlitos response on vanilla mcgc apply to usb mcgc too.

my experience: krogers are quite strict in general. 9 out of 10 i tried want to see my card, and after seeing, gave me the stink eye reserved for terrorist lol.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.