Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2017, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This thread covers posts before 2018 only. The new thread is here.

Check cash back portals to help cover the fees. Around the holidays there is usually free shipping. http://www.cashbackmonitor.com/cashback-store/giftcards.com/

Limit 5k/day (2 orders under 2.5k including the fees). Cards must be activated before use. Orders usually arrive in 5-7 days. Monthly limit is just 5k * days in the month.

Select the free letter on the left instead of paying for a card on the right of the screen.

Visa issued by metabank.

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have them reissued.
Print Wikipost

giftcards.com master thread(up to 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2016, 9:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by noturbizniss
I had issues from. The 11th through 28th only 3 orders tracked. I have claims open for all of them. Everything after is tracking.

How do you order 10k?theyvlimit me to 5k per day.
2 address
Old Dec 1, 2016, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by noturbizniss
I had issues from. The 11th through 28th only 3 orders tracked. I have claims open for all of them. Everything after is tracking.

How do you order 10k?theyvlimit me to 5k per day.
I made two orders in the morning and then 2 additional orders after 9 pm PST which counts as the next day for Giftcards.com, but still the same day on TCB so I could get the additional CB bonus.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by Superorb
^ And that's also per address, not just per GC.com account.
Do you know if it's only per shipping address, or billing address, or both?
Old Dec 2, 2016, 8:18 am

Almost all of my orders do not get tracking shipped emails for my wife and I have never received an order shipping email for my account. Are you guys finding tracking info when you log into your account online? I have 1 order from 11/27 and 2 orders from 11/29 and USPS is telling me I have 1 package coming. No way for me to track which order.

Originally Posted by prussiablue
Do you know if it's only per shipping address, or billing address, or both?
Not sure specifically.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 11:39 am

Almost all of my orders do not get tracking shipped emails for my wife and I have never received an order shipping email for my account. Are you guys finding tracking info when you log into your account online? I have 1 order from 11/27 and 2 orders from 11/29 and USPS is telling me I have 1 package coming. No way for me to track which order.

Not sure specifically.
rarely get emails, and no tracking online. i put a message on each one with the order date. Also, the back of the greeting cards each card is in has the order number.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 7:17 pm

Is the VCG purchased here Metabank, US Bank, or Bancorp?
Old Dec 3, 2016, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by jwgmaldives
Is the VCG purchased here Metabank, US Bank, or Bancorp?
Metabank.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

These guys really suck. I get better order/tracking information (and delivery speed) when I buy a pair of socks online. Heck, the small businesses that sell to me on ebay do a better job.

The only one worse is giftcardmall.com. Now also owned by Blackhawk. I really don't understand why the online gift card business is so screwed up. You'd think that people who buy giftcards online would demand better service. If you weren't a "gamer," why would you ever do business with these guys? The incompetence is stunning.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iahphx
These guys really suck. I get better order/tracking information (and delivery speed) when I buy a pair of socks online. Heck, the small businesses that sell to me on ebay do a better job.

The only one worse is giftcardmall.com. Now also owned by Blackhawk. I really don't understand why the online gift card business is so screwed up. You'd think that people who buy giftcards online would demand better service. If you weren't a "gamer," why would you ever do business with these guys? The incompetence is stunning.
There lies your answer - you are captive to buy from them. "Normal" consumers would not buy from them or even know their existence.

Why would they make the process easier for you the "gamer" when you MUST buy from them? You probably need them far more than they need you! Quit buying from them and you no longer have anything to complain about.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Happy
Why would they make the process easier for you the "gamer" when you MUST buy from them? You probably need them far more than they need you! Quit buying from them and you no longer have anything to complain about.
Yeah, but obviously they didn't set up their business for gamers. We've just glommed on to it. I don't think they treat gamers worse. They just run a horrifically bad fulfillment service. Why would you run a business this badly? If they don't make money on it, they should shut it down. If it does make money, their profits are obviously being limited by the terrible nature of their service. I mean, if Joe Shmoe running an ebay store selling trinkets can offer better service, why can't Blackhawk? Here's a real email I received today from a $3 electronic part order I placed on ebay yesterday: it's light years ahead of Blackhawk's service! And is pretty typical of the way most small businesses do business on the web:

Dear [iahphx],
I am happy to notify you that your item xxxxx, $0 S&H has been shipped.
Your item has shipped via USPS First Class.You can track your item by clicking on the tracking number: 12345678910 or by putting this number in the USPS website tracking system.
Please email us if you have any questions.
Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Old Dec 4, 2016, 1:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Problem is, you don't have a USPS account. With that you know exactly when they ship and can track it very easily. As to them being slow to ship, they wait until the payment posts and then ship a day or two after that.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 8:28 am

All a USPS account tells you is that an order is headed your way. There is no mention of which order is headed your way which is useful when you've got more than one GC.com account you use.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 9:32 am

All a USPS account tells you is that an order is headed your way. There is no mention of which order is headed your way which is useful when you've got more than one GC.com account you use.
it is what it is. the order numbers are on the back of the gift cards. It is a pain but adding a message to each card to identify which order it is, i find is the most useful way of tracking. especially helpful when i put away all my used cards at the end of the week to make sure i have everything.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 3:58 pm

Is anyone find out giftcards.com out of TCB??
I could not find the giftcards.com in TCB.
or something wrong with TCB?
Old Dec 7, 2016, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by hp9688
Is anyone find out giftcards.com out of TCB??
I could not find the giftcards.com in TCB.
or something wrong with TCB?
topcashback.com/giftcards/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.