Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Plastiq for rent, tuition, utilities, etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 2, 2015, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: financialhippie
Successful Credit Cards Used (Posted as Purchase)
Amex Open SPG Business
AMEX SPG (non-business)
BofA - Virgin Atlantic MC
BofA - Amtrak World MC
Barclaycard Aviator Red/Silver MC
Chase Ink Plus Visa
Chase Hyatt Visa (x2)
Chase BA Visa
Chase United MileagePlus Explorer
Chase United MileagePlus Club
Chase Sapphire Preferred
Citi Prestige MC
Citi Premier MC
Citi AT&T Access More MC (3x for rent category)
Citi AA Platinum MC
FIA Fidelity Mastercard

Successful Payees:
BMW Financial: Processed 10/13, Sent 10/14, Arrived-Posted 10/19
Caliber Home Loans: Processed 12/09, Sent 12/11, Arrived-Posted 12/18
Cedent mortgage
Chase Mortgage (sends check)
Citi Mortgage: Processed 10/7, Sent 10/8, Arrived-Posted 10/15
Citizen's Auto Finance - Around 1 week.
CRA Personal Tax
George Mason University: Over a week and a half.
Infiniti Financial: Processed 10/13, Sent 10/14, Arrived-Posted 10/21
Lexus Financial. Processed 3/9/16, Posted 3/14/19
Morgan Stanley Home Loans: Processed 01/14, Sent 01/15, Arrived-Posted 01/21
National Grid Electric MA: 1 week turnaround
National Grid Gas MA: 3 week turnaround, sends physical check
"NJ City" Tax: Processed 01/21, Sent 01/22, Arrived-Posted 02/01
Penfed Mortgage: 1 week turnaround
TD Bank Mortgage (EFT)
Wells Fargo Mortgage: Processed 10/8, Sent 10/9, Arrived-Posted 10/16
Wells Fargo Mortgage: Processed 8/6, Sent 8/9, Posted 8/16
Print Wikipost

Plastiq for rent, tuition, utilities, etc.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2016, 7:57 am

Programs: MR, TYP, AA, B6, DL, WN, HH, MB, 2V
Originally Posted by yugi
Why? I'm using Citi ATTAM to get 3x on Plastiq. I used SPG to pay with no fee when I had rewards dollars, and to get 1 additional point for shop small promo.
Because I'm using the Amtrak Mastercard, I had to hit minimum spend when the promo was going on and signed it up! Although Amtrak points are useful for me in the NE corridor, I'd really rather have SPG...

Now of course, I've PC'd my AA Executive to an ATTAM, and plan on using that to net the triple TY points as soon as the promo is over. I already tried to switch the payment card but the fee bumps back up.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 10:51 am

Coding Change?

I have a reocurring payment set up for my mortgage. For the last two payments it has coded as "Services - Utilities - Electric, Gas, Sanitary, Water" and has only received 1 point per dollar for ATT Access More card statement. Previously, payments from same scheduled reocurring stream came through as "Services - Real Estate Agents, Brokers, Managers" and received 3 points per dollar. Plastiq confirmed recipient is still set up as Real Estate category and is looking into it. Has anyone else experienced this?
Old Dec 23, 2016, 9:37 pm

They are being really slow right now. Made a payment for my Honda lease on the 13th, it was sent on the 15th and still hasn't arrived yet.
Old Dec 24, 2016, 12:50 am

Originally Posted by sode0076
I have a reocurring payment set up for my mortgage. For the last two payments it has coded as "Services - Utilities - Electric, Gas, Sanitary, Water" and has only received 1 point per dollar for ATT Access More card statement. Previously, payments from same scheduled reocurring stream came through as "Services - Real Estate Agents, Brokers, Managers" and received 3 points per dollar. Plastiq confirmed recipient is still set up as Real Estate category and is looking into it. Has anyone else experienced this?
Who is your mortgage with? I got 3x on my December payment to PNC.
Old Dec 24, 2016, 1:17 am

Programs: IHG/Spire Amb., Hilton/Diamond, SPG/Gold, Marriott/Gold, AA/Plat, Southwest/CP
Plastiq still qualifying for AMEX ShopSmall?

Wondering if anyone has a recent data point on this. Concerned since Plastiq is not showing up on the ShopSmall list and I'm not seeing any bonus points in my account activity from purchases the past few days. Thanks!
Old Dec 24, 2016, 11:46 am

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by Steven6702
Wondering if anyone has a recent data point on this. Concerned since Plastiq is not showing up on the ShopSmall list and I'm not seeing any bonus points in my account activity from purchases the past few days. Thanks!
I've got additional points on SPG two days ago, so it still works
Old Dec 25, 2016, 1:34 am

What's your experience cancelling payments that are submitted? Literally 2 seconds after I clicked submit late Christmas Eve, I realized I used the wrong credit card to send a payment to Flagstar mortgage. Immediately, I went to payment management and tried editing and deleting the payment, but it would not work. A few minutes later, the options to delete and edit were gone. I just sent plastiq an email but their automated reply says they won't get back to me until 12/27, and I fear by then it will be too late. This payment to Flagstar will be by check. Anybody have experience getting Plastiq to cancel payments this way?
Old Dec 25, 2016, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by bodiddely
Who is your mortgage with? I got 3x on my December payment to PNC.
it is with PFCU.
Old Dec 25, 2016, 2:23 pm

Can you still pay with Paypal Business Debit drawing from your Paypal balance?
Old Dec 25, 2016, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by financialhippie
Because I'm using the Amtrak Mastercard, I had to hit minimum spend when the promo was going on and signed it up! Although Amtrak points are useful for me in the NE corridor, I'd really rather have SPG...

Now of course, I've PC'd my AA Executive to an ATTAM, and plan on using that to net the triple TY points as soon as the promo is over. I already tried to switch the payment card but the fee bumps back up.
Chat with support and ask them to switch it. They were able to do so for me and I kept the promo rate.
Old Dec 26, 2016, 4:47 pm

Programs: MR, TYP, AA, B6, DL, WN, HH, MB, 2V
Originally Posted by bodiddely
Chat with support and ask them to switch it. They were able to do so for me and I kept the promo rate.
Solid! They're not available right now, just tried, but I''l try tomorrow during business hours!
Old Dec 28, 2016, 7:12 am

Programs: Chase UR, MR, RR
Confirmed mortgage payment - Roundpoint Mortgage, paid with AMEX Plat timeline:

Card Processed on 12/9, and payment cleared with Roundpoint 12/14 (Showed as Modified Coupon Payment)
Old Dec 28, 2016, 10:43 am

Made my second property tax payment on the Business Platinum. Submitted 12/25. 1.5x for transaction over $5k, 2x Shop Small points, and 50k for hitting $15k on the card (signup bonus) all posted 12/27.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 10:48 pm

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
end of year thread closure

Please continue the discussion here:

Plastiq for rent, tuition, utilities, etc.(2017)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.