Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2015, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the 2015 Master thread for the "All Things Paypal" thread.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paypal MyCash $500 daily load limit resets after 12:00am EST
UPDATE: Reports are that it now resets at 3:00 AM EST (12:00 AM PST)
Paypal MyCash $4000 per calendar month load limit resets after 3:00am EST

An additional $4000 per month can be loaded using Greendot Moneypaks. See the Moneypak thread for issues with these. Limit purchases to no more than 2 x $500 at a time.

To get a live PayPal MyCash representative, call 1-855-721-5035, press 1 to all the voice prompts until it asks you for your PIN, and then press 0#, 0#, and 0#.

If you are getting error code 26 when loading MyCash to your account:1.Login to Paypal on a computer, not phone
2.Go to settings (it is the gear)
3.Choose selling tools on the left
4.Scroll down to: Block payments -- Limit payments, add instructions, and more -- and choose update
5.On the page "Payment Receiving Preferences" select the first radio button, "For the items not sold on eBay, Only allow payments from the users with confirmed address."
6.Be sure that NO is chosen
7.Save and you are done

Activity Leading to Shutdown
- $1-2k PPMC Loads, Serve Withdrawls and some small Debit card transactions
- $4k/month PPMC loads to accounts A/B/C, let fund sit for a few days, transfer all to account D, let funds sit for a few says, ACH full $12k. Account D also used for normal (but infrequent) PP activity. Continued for about 6 months until received warning emails on all 4 accounts.

Buying/Reloading My Cash Cards
https://www.paypal-cash.com/where_to_buy.html

Stores Hard Coded Against Credit Reloads (Reusing Cards):
Family Dollar
Dollar General
Print Wikipost

All things PAYPAL [2015 Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2015, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by Tylt33
As in use it as a debit card versus a credit card? If that's your question, yes.

I just looked and it's actually only been about six weeks.

It said "second warning" in the title of the email, and that further action would be limitation or closure. No first notice in my spam folder. I emailed them regarding the issue when I got the email a few days ago, and they said I'd hear back in 24 hours (i.e. Never). Maybe I'll call.

So here is my datapoint, I received the warning after I used it for MOs using PIN, now I just use it as signature and no warnings so far. I dont do anything close to 4k of PPCash, only around 1.5k
Old Apr 18, 2015, 4:25 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
I also received 2nd warning, which specifically said that I can't load Serve. After first warning I stopped doing PIN transactions at WM. Now I just do retail debit and signature purchases everywhere, including paying taxes. I'm planning to call Paypal and ask them what's intended usage of those PPMC reloads. They say in their email:
The MyCash feature is for making deposits to your PayPal account for retail purchases.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by yugi
I also received 2nd warning, which specifically said that I can't load Serve. After first warning I stopped doing PIN transactions at WM. Now I just do retail debit and signature purchases everywhere, including paying taxes. I'm planning to call Paypal and ask them what's intended usage of those PPMC reloads. They say in their email:
The MyCash feature is for making deposits to your PayPal account for retail purchases.
DH called them on that since he's using his PPMCs to pay for his extras MC. The PP rep conferred with the one who sent him the email and later told him his account was in good standing so he can disregard the email. He requested for an email from them regarding this saying that his use of PPMC is within their terms and conditions. He got it and has resumed his regular online and POS purchases, all signature based.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 4:30 pm

deleted
Old Apr 20, 2015, 4:56 pm

initial load new design at CVS?

For the new design Paypal MyCash which say "reusable" on the front:
does credit card work for initial load at CVS?

supposedly, credit card doesn't work for reload:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24647546-post505.html

(photo is courtesy of ILGfly's earlier post: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24637617-post501.html )
Old Apr 20, 2015, 5:51 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by medellinfein
For the new design Paypal MyCash which say "reusable" on the front:
does credit card work for initial load at CVS?

supposedly, credit card doesn't work for reload:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24647546-post505.html
I purchased the new style with a credit card last week. Haven't tried to reload it though, but will next month. As long as there are more cards at the stores it really doesn't matter to me.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 10:17 am

Programs: WN A-list CP, IHG plat, Hyatt plat, United Silver, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by AzLarry
I purchased the new style with a credit card last week. Haven't tried to reload it though, but will next month. As long as there are more cards at the stores it really doesn't matter to me.
all ppmc have been pulled from WAG in my denver stores. went to 5 or 6 stores yesterday and they have all disappeared in the past week. bummer.

anyone use the paypal prepaid cards you find at 7-11?
Old Apr 21, 2015, 2:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
How do these reusable PPMC cards work? I got one today from CVS but haven't loaded to my PPBDC yet. Do I keep both the top and the bottom to reload at CVS?
Old Apr 22, 2015, 12:13 pm

Just a data point:

I received my first paypal warning about 4 months ago about mycash cards and withdrawing the deposits. I just received a second warning today which also mentioned deposits with the mycash card and "then those deposits have been withdrawn to a pre-paid debit card." I've been using my PPBDM to load serve every month.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 11:31 am

Programs: Delta!!!!!!!!!
I recently received a second warning even though I haven't even been using the card for anything .... seems random.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by newbieatmsing90210
I recently received a second warning even though I haven't even been using the card for anything .... seems random.
Did you mean to write that you haven't used PayPal for anything, or just the card?
Old Apr 24, 2015, 5:09 pm

Using PPBDC to transfer money Internationally

I tried an experiement to check if PPBDC can be used to transfer money Internationally. Even though this method will not solve the warnings for using PPMC, It may help avoid the need for Serve/Bluebird to unload the money.

Here is what I found
- I found that Riamoneytransfer.com would allow sending money internationally using a Debit card for free of charge and a variable fee if a credit card is used.

- Since I do send money internationally to support my extended family, I decided to send money through Riamoneytransfer using PPBDC.

- Unfortunately, PPBDC is coded as Credit card and a fee is added along with a warning that there may be a cash advance fee from the card issuer. As a first time user, I was able to use the code "WELCOME" to avoid the fee for using credit card.

- I proceeded with the money transfer and transfer processed in less than a day.

- Few days later I checked my Paypal account, and sure enough it is coded as a Debit signature purchase and a cashback is awarded.

I tried to send the money again and the code "WELCOME" doesnot work. Since their website clearly mentions that the classification of debit vs. credit card is done by a third party, I doubt if Ria customer service can help with the fees.

There is a limit of $2,999 per each transfer and there is a fee of about $20-$45 (varies based on the destination country) for using credit card and you can get a cashback of $29.99 with PPBDC.

If you have a need to transfer money internationally (not available within USA) Riamoneytransfer.com may be an option to liquidate your Paypal Balance.

There is also a referal program, referrer can get $10 amazon gift card for every new signup
Old Apr 26, 2015, 11:25 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, NSA, CIA, MIB
Yesterday I was in the Guest Services line at the Target in South Culver City and the guy ahead of me was loading his RedBird with his PayPal Debit card, giving the clerk a random dollar amount.

I got the dreaded warning email from PayPal recently and decided to lay off on loading it and going to the Post Office to get money orders but now I see how I can drain that account. I just need to find a CC that allows bonus points at Walgreens!
Old Apr 26, 2015, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by cajunguy
Yesterday I was in the Guest Services line at the Target in South Culver City and the guy ahead of me was loading his RedBird with his PayPal Debit card, giving the clerk a random dollar amount.

I got the dreaded warning email from PayPal recently and decided to lay off on loading it and going to the Post Office to get money orders but now I see how I can drain that account. I just need to find a CC that allows bonus points at Walgreens!
Sorry. I'm confused. Do you mean to say that the guy's method is effective? Would that method of unloading (via RedBird) not rub PayPal the wrong way?
Old Apr 26, 2015, 12:48 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, NSA, CIA, MIB
Originally Posted by Light
Sorry. I'm confused. Do you mean to say that the guy's method is effective? Would that method of unloading (via RedBird) not rub PayPal the wrong way?
I don't know if this guy has a 'method' or what. Just saying what I saw him do. Maybe he's giving PP these random purchases amounts to keep them from shutting him down?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.