Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2015, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the 2015 Master thread for the "All Things Paypal" thread.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paypal MyCash $500 daily load limit resets after 12:00am EST
UPDATE: Reports are that it now resets at 3:00 AM EST (12:00 AM PST)
Paypal MyCash $4000 per calendar month load limit resets after 3:00am EST

An additional $4000 per month can be loaded using Greendot Moneypaks. See the Moneypak thread for issues with these. Limit purchases to no more than 2 x $500 at a time.

To get a live PayPal MyCash representative, call 1-855-721-5035, press 1 to all the voice prompts until it asks you for your PIN, and then press 0#, 0#, and 0#.

If you are getting error code 26 when loading MyCash to your account:1.Login to Paypal on a computer, not phone
2.Go to settings (it is the gear)
3.Choose selling tools on the left
4.Scroll down to: Block payments -- Limit payments, add instructions, and more -- and choose update
5.On the page "Payment Receiving Preferences" select the first radio button, "For the items not sold on eBay, Only allow payments from the users with confirmed address."
6.Be sure that NO is chosen
7.Save and you are done

Activity Leading to Shutdown
- $1-2k PPMC Loads, Serve Withdrawls and some small Debit card transactions
- $4k/month PPMC loads to accounts A/B/C, let fund sit for a few days, transfer all to account D, let funds sit for a few says, ACH full $12k. Account D also used for normal (but infrequent) PP activity. Continued for about 6 months until received warning emails on all 4 accounts.

Buying/Reloading My Cash Cards
https://www.paypal-cash.com/where_to_buy.html

Stores Hard Coded Against Credit Reloads (Reusing Cards):
Family Dollar
Dollar General
Print Wikipost

All things PAYPAL [2015 Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2015, 8:59 am
Original Poster

All things PAYPAL [2015 Master Thread]

I have a Paypal business and personal account. Would I be able to load $500 each day to each account ($1000 daily total)? Would Paypal flag this?
Old Jan 4, 2015, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by jedinkel
I have a Paypal business and personal account. Would I be able to load $500 each day to each account ($1000 daily total)? Would Paypal flag this?
It'll all depend on activities in your account. If you have various activities going on in each account, very little chance you'll trip the alarm but if you're just putting in $ via PPMC and then w/d to your bank account, that is the quickest way to sound the alarm bells.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 1:40 pm

paypal reloadable prepaid mastercard

I apologize if this has been asked before. I didn't find in wiki and didn't find anything when I searched.

Last time I purchased these when CVS had a deal for $50 extrabucks after purchasing a paypal reloadable prepaid mastercard.

I found some at a local gas stations and activation fee is $4.95 but max load is $899.

Can these be purchased with CC and used to load at Kate?

ps, trying to diversify
Old Jan 4, 2015, 2:31 pm

Tried to search flyertalk, google & bing without success, so here goes...

I recently went shopping for a PayPal My Cash Card in Oakland, CA. I tried CVS, Rite Aid & Walgreen's. None carry the product. Any idea where else to try (7-11?)?

Last edited by Rich999; Jan 4, 2015 at 2:33 pm Reason: add bing
Old Jan 4, 2015, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by lumangoy
I apologize if this has been asked before. I didn't find in wiki and didn't find anything when I searched.

Last time I purchased these when CVS had a deal for $50 extrabucks after purchasing a paypal reloadable prepaid mastercard.

I found some at a local gas stations and activation fee is $4.95 but max load is $899.

Can these be purchased with CC and used to load at Kate?

ps, trying to diversify
YMMV. But beware, you will get hit with a 4.95 monthly fee soon after activating (same day). I think you might need to register on paypal.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by Rich999
Tried to search flyertalk, google & bing without success, so here goes...

I recently went shopping for a PayPal My Cash Card in Oakland, CA. I tried CVS, Rite Aid & Walgreen's. None carry the product. Any idea where else to try (7-11?)?
Most CVS and Rite Aids carry the product (at least in the South Bay and peninsula). It could just be that they were out when u checked.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 6:26 pm

I had something odd happen to me today. I have loaded $2,000 this month so far. I went to load another $500, but it said that I had already loaded $500 today, which I had not. It also showed my monthly load limit at $1,500 (should be $2,000). Anyone else experience this before?
Old Jan 6, 2015, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by commdiver
I had something odd happen to me today. I have loaded $2,000 this month so far. I went to load another $500, but it said that I had already loaded $500 today, which I had not. It also showed my monthly load limit at $1,500 (should be $2,000). Anyone else experience this before?
Look at your PayPal transaction history?
Old Jan 8, 2015, 9:40 am
Suspended

Ok got the boot from PP and now my account is limited with $8xx in account! Usual loading pattern via PPMC $1500-$2000 every month and unloading via serve ($1500) plus couple of transactions (< $5 each month) on misc purchase. I don't care about account resurrection, I just need to know if I can get my money back without wasting my time over the phone and listening to their BS. I can wait 180 days if that means I don't have to play call me game with PP. or DO I have to start talking to them, will it expedite the refund process.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 9:58 am

Ok got the boot from PP and now my account is limited with $8xx in account
by limited, do you mean your account is still open or is it frozen so you can't add or move $$ out? Sorry to hear you didn't even get a warning letter but just booted out by surprise?!

from what I've read, 180 days or 6 months is the average time people have gotten their funds back but you can always try reporting to CFPB to help you since FDIC may not work because pp is not a bank.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 11:35 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Mamibear
by limited, do you mean your account is still open or is it frozen so you can't add or move $$ out? Sorry to hear you didn't even get a warning letter but just booted out by surprise?!

from what I've read, 180 days or 6 months is the average time people have gotten their funds back but you can always try reporting to CFPB to help you since FDIC may not work because pp is not a bank.
It seems frozen so I can't remove/WD the money out of it but I believe I can add (from the looks of it). I will try CFPB but I got the email warning month or two ago and I called right away only to be told, everything is fine. Again I know it's frustrating to deal with these account closures/frozen but I can easily float $$ few months out as long as I know my money is eventually come back to daddy again!
Old Jan 8, 2015, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by nadir576
Ok got the boot from PP and now my account is limited with $8xx in account! Usual loading pattern via PPMC $1500-$2000 every month and unloading via serve ($1500) plus couple of transactions (< $5 each month) on misc purchase. I don't care about account resurrection, I just need to know if I can get my money back without wasting my time over the phone and listening to their BS. I can wait 180 days if that means I don't have to play call me game with PP. or DO I have to start talking to them, will it expedite the refund process.
That sounds like a pretty conservative MS pattern. How long were you following this pattern?

I'll have to be careful with my own activity (similar pattern, but with a little more spending from PP account). So far, no letter.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 12:29 pm
Suspended

I have this pattern on this account (mind you this account is under different person name in my Household) for the last 3-4 months. Before I was loading $4K and unloading it via serve/WM BP or MO plus some purchases (less than $5-10) per month. Got an email warning back in Nov, 14 (I stopped loading full $4k, I think in Sept, 14).
Old Jan 8, 2015, 3:26 pm

I received this email today:
"We like to keep things safe and secure, including your PayPal account. To do this, we regularly check the activity on our customers’ accounts. We’re not sure you’re aware but it appears the Green Dot MoneyPak and MyCash have been used for deposits to your PayPal account, and then those deposits have been withdrawn. The Green Dot MoneyPak and the MyCash feature are for making deposits to your PayPal account for retail purchases. If we continue to see this activity of using the Green Dot MoneyPaks and the MyCash with your PayPal account for cash withdrawals, we may have to limit or close your PayPal account. If you think we’ve made an error, here's how to contact us."

I was sending money to my relative's account and then withdrawing.
What options do I have now? Is it safe to use PPDC to buy WM-MOs?
What if I close my PP account and open another one?
Old Jan 8, 2015, 4:03 pm

Be careful with MS activities with Paypal. None of these methods is safe: send to friends, purchase MOs or serve/BB loads. If you still decide to do this, remember to keep your balance low in case they decide to put permanent limitation on your account. The account limitation is non-appeal-able. They will hold your money for 180 days. The agent I talked to said that no agent could help me in this case. I will get a paper check sent to my address after 180 days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.