Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2015, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the 2015 Master thread for the "All Things Paypal" thread.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paypal MyCash $500 daily load limit resets after 12:00am EST
UPDATE: Reports are that it now resets at 3:00 AM EST (12:00 AM PST)
Paypal MyCash $4000 per calendar month load limit resets after 3:00am EST

An additional $4000 per month can be loaded using Greendot Moneypaks. See the Moneypak thread for issues with these. Limit purchases to no more than 2 x $500 at a time.

To get a live PayPal MyCash representative, call 1-855-721-5035, press 1 to all the voice prompts until it asks you for your PIN, and then press 0#, 0#, and 0#.

If you are getting error code 26 when loading MyCash to your account:1.Login to Paypal on a computer, not phone
2.Go to settings (it is the gear)
3.Choose selling tools on the left
4.Scroll down to: Block payments -- Limit payments, add instructions, and more -- and choose update
5.On the page "Payment Receiving Preferences" select the first radio button, "For the items not sold on eBay, Only allow payments from the users with confirmed address."
6.Be sure that NO is chosen
7.Save and you are done

Activity Leading to Shutdown
- $1-2k PPMC Loads, Serve Withdrawls and some small Debit card transactions
- $4k/month PPMC loads to accounts A/B/C, let fund sit for a few days, transfer all to account D, let funds sit for a few says, ACH full $12k. Account D also used for normal (but infrequent) PP activity. Continued for about 6 months until received warning emails on all 4 accounts.

Buying/Reloading My Cash Cards
https://www.paypal-cash.com/where_to_buy.html

Stores Hard Coded Against Credit Reloads (Reusing Cards):
Family Dollar
Dollar General
Print Wikipost

All things PAYPAL [2015 Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2015, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by eb56
I load $500 wed night, load wed night and thurs am, load friday night and move through the rest fri night-sun....exposes $100 during normal business hours.
You mean withdraw?
Old Mar 27, 2015, 11:23 am

Programs: WN A-list CP, IHG plat, Hyatt plat, United Silver, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by eb56
I load $500 wed night, load wed night and thurs am, load friday night and move through the rest fri night-sun....exposes $100 during normal business hours.
Not sure how that works with out withdrawing?

I load/send/withdraw in the course of about 5 minutes. Definitely looks more suspicious, but limits my exposure to about $5-10 at any given time
Old Mar 27, 2015, 4:06 pm

Has anyone been getting PPMC refunds in the promised 5-7 biz days? I'm still waiting for mine and it has been a ridiculously long month. First time requesting the refund, so not sure why there is a holdup. Could it be that they have connected the fact that I have a PP account?
Old Mar 27, 2015, 7:07 pm
k2o

Programs: UA 1K, DL Dia.,AA Plat, Hilton Dia,Bonvoy T
Originally Posted by subdawg
Has anyone been getting PPMC refunds in the promised 5-7 biz days? I'm still waiting for mine and it has been a ridiculously long month. First time requesting the refund, so not sure why there is a holdup. Could it be that they have connected the fact that I have a PP account?
My last one was 9 days. I think you should send an inquiry.

Last edited by k2o; Mar 27, 2015 at 7:08 pm Reason: grammer :-0
Old Mar 28, 2015, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AS 75K, DL DM, HY Globalist, HH Diamond, MC/RZ/SW Platinum, AB/UA Silver, WN CP
I haven't been able to find any of the cards at Rite Aid this month. All of the stores still have the $3.95 shelf (peg) tag. I asked the manager of the most recent store when they would be getting more. His response: "We're done. That's it." Kinda makes me wonder if they were asked to pull them all, as I've been in some obscure locations without any inventory.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by Carl
I haven't been able to find any of the cards at Rite Aid this month. All of the stores still have the $3.95 shelf (peg) tag. I asked the manager of the most recent store when they would be getting more. His response: "We're done. That's it." Kinda makes me wonder if they were asked to pull them all, as I've been in some obscure locations without any inventory.
I came to post asking about this. I hit almost two dozen CVS, Walgreens, amd Rite Aids over a 60 mile span and found exactly zero cards. I think everyone is done.

Anyone know if the Register loading is up and running, and more importantly, can you use credit cards anywhere?
Old Mar 28, 2015, 7:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Tylt33
I came to post asking about this. I hit almost two dozen CVS, Walgreens, amd Rite Aids over a 60 mile span and found exactly zero cards. I think everyone is done.

Anyone know if the Register loading is up and running, and more importantly, can you use credit cards anywhere?
You should check behind the other gift cards. Some other MS'ers in my area hide them behind the Xbox cards.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 8:12 pm

My go to CVS always has stock. I might be the only one buying them, no probs with cc. ^
Old Mar 28, 2015, 8:34 pm

I just found out they're done. CVS and Rite Aid are now on the new PayPal "Register Load" cards and arent restocking, and have been told to pull them.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by PolarPlunge
My go to CVS always has stock. I might be the only one buying them, no probs with cc. ^
I meant credit card with the new Register Load cards
Old Mar 29, 2015, 9:47 am

I meant credit card with the new Register Load cards
Unfortunately, I don't have a used PPMC lying around. Has anybody tried this at CVS or RA using a CC?
Old Mar 29, 2015, 9:51 am

I haven't been to my go-to CVS in a couple weeks, they had about 10 cards and always sell to me with CC. Has the transition to register loads finalized? Any datapoints on using CC for that yet?
Old Mar 29, 2015, 12:18 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, DL Diamond 1MM, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, AMEX 2015 Centurion
Originally Posted by ronnyk
Unfortunately, I don't have a used PPMC lying around. Has anybody tried this at CVS or RA using a CC?
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I haven't been to my go-to CVS in a couple weeks, they had about 10 cards and always sell to me with CC. Has the transition to register loads finalized? Any datapoints on using CC for that yet?
I posted about this 2 weeks ago...I tried CVS, Walgreens, RA and 7-11. When you swipe your cc to pay at 7-11 and Walgreens, the POS immediately printed out a receipt that voided the entire transaction automatically. RA and CVS brought up some error to the cashier about tender not allowed or something to that effect. Definitely hard coded in the POS.

Something interesting...2 weeks ago on the PPMC website, they gave instructions on how to use the PPMCC to reload at the register. I looked today and it appears they have since removed that info from the website. The only thing I can find now is the reload VIA green dot MP. It says it "coming soon" however the procedure will all be cardless. https://www.moneypak.com/paypal/Index.aspx

I wonder if this will be replacing PPMCC entirely...

Last edited by RickyBobby; Mar 29, 2015 at 12:30 pm
Old Mar 29, 2015, 12:57 pm

^^ I was able to buy PPMC yesterday with CC at 711
Old Mar 29, 2015, 1:05 pm

I checked stores in 4 counties in metro ATL and only found several cards in one WGS.

I was told in a RA store that they were not ordering them anymore.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.