Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2015, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the 2015 Master thread for the "All Things Paypal" thread.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paypal MyCash $500 daily load limit resets after 12:00am EST
UPDATE: Reports are that it now resets at 3:00 AM EST (12:00 AM PST)
Paypal MyCash $4000 per calendar month load limit resets after 3:00am EST

An additional $4000 per month can be loaded using Greendot Moneypaks. See the Moneypak thread for issues with these. Limit purchases to no more than 2 x $500 at a time.

To get a live PayPal MyCash representative, call 1-855-721-5035, press 1 to all the voice prompts until it asks you for your PIN, and then press 0#, 0#, and 0#.

If you are getting error code 26 when loading MyCash to your account:1.Login to Paypal on a computer, not phone
2.Go to settings (it is the gear)
3.Choose selling tools on the left
4.Scroll down to: Block payments -- Limit payments, add instructions, and more -- and choose update
5.On the page "Payment Receiving Preferences" select the first radio button, "For the items not sold on eBay, Only allow payments from the users with confirmed address."
6.Be sure that NO is chosen
7.Save and you are done

Activity Leading to Shutdown
- $1-2k PPMC Loads, Serve Withdrawls and some small Debit card transactions
- $4k/month PPMC loads to accounts A/B/C, let fund sit for a few days, transfer all to account D, let funds sit for a few says, ACH full $12k. Account D also used for normal (but infrequent) PP activity. Continued for about 6 months until received warning emails on all 4 accounts.

Buying/Reloading My Cash Cards
https://www.paypal-cash.com/where_to_buy.html

Stores Hard Coded Against Credit Reloads (Reusing Cards):
Family Dollar
Dollar General
Print Wikipost

All things PAYPAL [2015 Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2015, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by groundhog
I received this email today:
"We like to keep things safe and secure, including your PayPal account. To do this, we regularly check the activity on our customers’ accounts. We’re not sure you’re aware but it appears the Green Dot MoneyPak and MyCash have been used for deposits to your PayPal account, and then those deposits have been withdrawn. The Green Dot MoneyPak and the MyCash feature are for making deposits to your PayPal account for retail purchases. If we continue to see this activity of using the Green Dot MoneyPaks and the MyCash with your PayPal account for cash withdrawals, we may have to limit or close your PayPal account. If you think we’ve made an error, here's how to contact us."

I was sending money to my relative's account and then withdrawing.
What options do I have now? Is it safe to use PPDC to buy WM-MOs?
What if I close my PP account and open another one?
Nothing is safe, other than not funding through PPMC, or only use PP for real spending. WWMO is definitely not safe.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 5:37 pm
Suspended

Based upon the responses, has anyone filed a complaint with CFPB? and get the money earlier?
Old Jan 8, 2015, 5:47 pm

Has anyone looked into whether there is a class action lawsuit against PP regarding their completely unreasonable "frozen funds" time frame? That is downright criminal. What a racket. It's amazing how eBay and PP get away with some of the completely unconscionable business practices they operate under.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by Yaoyao
Be careful with MS activities with Paypal. None of these methods is safe: send to friends, purchase MOs or serve/BB loads. If you still decide to do this, remember to keep your balance low in case they decide to put permanent limitation on your account. The account limitation is non-appeal-able. They will hold your money for 180 days. The agent I talked to said that no agent could help me in this case. I will get a paper check sent to my address after 180 days.
What gives PayPal the right to do this? Is there specific language in PayPal's terms and conditions that allow them to do this? Perhaps people need to start taking PayPal to small claims court and ask the court to award costs in addition to actual damages.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by kharlamov
What gives PayPal the right to do this? Is there specific language in PayPal's terms and conditions that allow them to do this? Perhaps people need to start taking PayPal to small claims court and ask the court to award costs in addition to actual damages.
Language in the Terms and Conditions wouldn't even matter. Take them to court anyway. T&C's get thrown out on a daily basis, it's not like a court of law reviews every company's T&C statement and says "Yep, this is constitutional and could never, under any circumstances, be contested".
Old Jan 8, 2015, 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by kharlamov
The agent said that there is a language in the T&C and I signed it before opening a paypal account. Apparently, I violated PP's acceptable Use Policy. Here is the language I found:

10.8 Acceptable Use Policy Violation – User Fines. If you violate the Acceptable Use Policy then we may hold your funds up to 180 Days, fine you up to $2,500.00 USD for each such violation and/or take legal action against you to recover additional losses we incur. You acknowledge and agree that a fine up to $2,500.00 USD is presently a reasonable minimum estimate of PayPal’s damages, considering all currently existing circumstances, including the relationship of the sum to the range of harm to PayPal that reasonably could be anticipated and the anticipation that proof of actual damages may be impractical or extremely difficult. PayPal may deduct such fines directly from any existing Balance in the offending Account, or any other PayPal Account you control.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 8:17 pm

If you violate the Acceptable Use Policy then we may fine you up to $2,500.00 USD for each such violation and/or take legal action against you to recover additional losses we incur. You acknowledge and agree... that proof of actual damages may be impractical or extremely difficult.
Further proof that paypal is the devil, and their lawyers got us to agree to let them have our soul if/when they please.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 8:29 pm

The agent said that there is a language in the T&C and I signed it before opening a paypal account. Apparently, I violated PP's acceptable Use Policy. Here is the language I found:

10.8 Acceptable Use Policy Violation – User Fines. If you violate the Acceptable Use Policy then we may hold your funds up to 180 Days, fine you up to $2,500.00 USD for each such violation and/or take legal action against you to recover additional losses we incur. You acknowledge and agree that a fine up to $2,500.00 USD is presently a reasonable minimum estimate of PayPal’s damages, considering all currently existing circumstances, including the relationship of the sum to the range of harm to PayPal that reasonably could be anticipated and the anticipation that proof of actual damages may be impractical or extremely difficult. PayPal may deduct such fines directly from any existing Balance in the offending Account, or any other PayPal Account you control.
I do not see how this is what you violated if you were just loading mycash cards. One tactics that PP employed is to terrify users whom they deem unprofitable or high risk. It is a company with an evil soul.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by romeogg
I do not see how this is what you violated if you were just loading mycash cards. One tactics that PP employed is to terrify users whom they deem unprofitable or high risk. It is a company with an evil soul.
Loading mycash cards is fine. But PP only wants us to use it for retail purchase. Anything else is unacceptable to them.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 8:43 pm

So what if I close my account and open a new one? Will they find that I already got a warning?
Old Jan 8, 2015, 8:48 pm

Loading mycash cards is fine. But PP only wants us to use it for retail purchase. Anything else is unacceptable to them.
This is not in the user agreement or acceptable policy that you signed up. At least I have never seen it. They may not like it, but it is your legitimate money and how you used it should not up to PP to decide.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 9:13 pm

T&C's are not even close to bullet proof. They can say whatever they want in a T&C and the more intimidating it sounds the less likely the general public is to question it. But know this, just because it's written in a T&C that you signed does not mean it will hold up in court. There is plenty of precedent in U.S. law where contracts are deemed unconscionable and thus not enforceable.

For instance:

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news/...ed-081414.html

The fact that the judge is allowing the case to proceed is telling.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 10:38 pm

Has anyone gotten this mail from <Paypal> [email protected] subject: Paypal-account on hold action required now! ?

Looks like a scam or phishing cos I checked my paypal wasn't on hold.. Don't click the link if you get similar mail...
Old Jan 9, 2015, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by groundhog
So what if I close my account and open a new one? Will they find that I already got a warning?
If you're going to load PPMCs to your new account, they ask for your SSN so it'll be easy to track you from your past account that you (just) closed. Keep in mind also that with a new account, you have to take it very slow and season it first with real spend and ebay purchases or else you'll be shutdown very quickly.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 9:22 am

I just got the email too:

Subject: Update to your PayPal Account - MyCash Warning

Dear yOyOYoo,
We're not sure you're aware but it appears the MyCash has been used for deposits to your PayPal account, and then those deposits have been withdrawn or sent as personal payments.
The MyCash feature is for making deposits to your PayPal account for retail purchases.
If we continue to see this activity of using the MyCash with your PayPal account for cash withdrawals, we may have to limit or close your PayPal account.
If you think we've made an error, here's how to contact us.
Click Contact at the bottom of the page.
Click Email us.
Follow the instructions to complete the steps.
We value your business and appreciate your attention to this matter.
Sincerely,
PayPal Account Review Department
PayPal, an eBay Company

Copyright © 1999-2015 PayPal. All rights reserved.

The last time I loaded with PayPal Cash card was in October 2014. I've been too busy to MS lately!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.