Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$25 off $250 Best Buy Amex Sync

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2014, 2:47 pm

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by Tatsuya S
Totally new to this forum and have been reading up on it for about a week or 2 now. I went and got 5x $200 vgc from BestBuy with this AMEX offer on 4 cards (split payment) and got the $25 credit for each card. Now though I'm not sure what to do with these vgcs. I was going to try and get a MO at Walmart ($800) but they were super quick to deny me because I wanted to split payment in $200s and then told me they don't accept PP debits to make MOs. I was going to try load onto my Serve and seems I'm out of luck there too as Kate does the 9 digit pin thing on me and cashiers / wmc check your debit card when loading. Anyone got any other ideas as to what I could do with these other than use them like a normal card to buy stuff (and lose out on points from CCs).
There are lots of options. Check out the manufactured spending forum.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 6:21 am

Programs: US CP, DL GM, AA Plat
Originally Posted by hiyak
BB branded. Pin is last 4 digits.
The pin is just the last 4 digits? Man I've wasted lots of time on the phone setting the pin
Old Nov 17, 2014, 9:01 am

Haven't had a chance to read through this thread yet, but just wanted to post my experience at my local Best Buy (Gainesville, FL).

They did not have Amazon GCs, and when I inquired they said they haven't had them in the past month and are not even sure if they will receive any ever again. This was from two different sales people walking the floor. To put this in a little more perspective though, this BB has never carried VGCs either.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by MilesGator
Haven't had a chance to read through this thread yet, but just wanted to post my experience at my local Best Buy (Gainesville, FL).

They did not have Amazon GCs, and when I inquired they said they haven't had them in the past month and are not even sure if they will receive any ever again. This was from two different sales people walking the floor. To put this in a little more perspective though, this BB has never carried VGCs either.
It is pretty well known that Amazon kindle gc's are done (if you find one its a leftover). I also can note that I keep getting feedback that the VGC's are on their way out too. I also was told yesterday that buying VGC with BB GC was money laundering lol
Old Nov 17, 2014, 10:31 am

I hope you haven't bought a lot of BB GCs before you are sure you can load them at Wally

Originally Posted by TAWS
The pin is just the last 4 digits? Man I've wasted lots of time on the phone setting the pin
Old Nov 22, 2014, 7:00 am

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Trying to find VGC to take advantage of this promo. In South FL, BB just does not carry them anymore. I am now in the Mid West on business trip and hopping to find any left overs (if they are really going out with them) at the BB I pass while driving. Until now, no luck, but I have still a couple of BB stores to visit when driving back to airport to catch my flight back to the Sunshine State.

Any one has bought VGCs at BB in Ohio?
Old Nov 22, 2014, 12:40 pm

Never mind, just found plenty in a small town BB here in Ohio. Actually, cashiers where so nice they told me they did not know how to split, but that they would try. one more senior employee came and told them how, and done deal. Now to Kate in the Wally to off load. It is a couple blocks away. Love MS in this state.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 3:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold (UA comp)
Deal is done

The BB $25 off via Amex Sync is over. Max # enrolled.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 6:34 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by carlitos
Never mind, just found plenty in a small town BB here in Ohio. Actually, cashiers where so nice they told me they did not know how to split, but that they would try. one more senior employee came and told them how, and done deal. Now to Kate in the Wally to off load. It is a couple blocks away. Love MS in this state.
Which major city is nearest to you?

I'm in the CLE area and most carry them, but availability is spotty. I've had a couple that carry them go for a couple months before restocking.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by Surface Interval
Which major city is nearest to you?

I'm in the CLE area and most carry them, but availability is spotty. I've had a couple that carry them go for a couple months before restocking.
CMH is the airport I am using at the moment. Second closest is CAK.

I want to use CAK next time to try and get a RedBird, as those are not at any Target close to CMH.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 1:34 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Nomoneyinmybank
Without any promos, it's not a good deal at all unless you have a 5% Cash Back card.
The thing with the MyBestBuy points is that for every $1000 you spend you get 1000 points, which is $20 in Best Buy reward certificates. If you value the certificates like Best Buy gift cards (which they clearly are not, don't work on gift cards for example). You're effectively paying $30 in fees less a $20 certificate for a $1000 spend.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 8:36 am

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
Stinks that I can't take advantage of this deal due to lack of inventory.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by TheDapperDon
Stinks that I can't take advantage of this deal due to lack of inventory.
+1, have visited two locations without success.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by msp3
The thing with the MyBestBuy points is that for every $1000 you spend you get 1000 points, which is $20 in Best Buy reward certificates. If you value the certificates like Best Buy gift cards (which they clearly are not, don't work on gift cards for example). You're effectively paying $30 in fees less a $20 certificate for a $1000 spend.
It works with retailer gift cards. It took the $ off from a shell gift card.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 9:48 am

Called my local best buy to see if they had any visas in stock. The guy told me he personally stocked them on the shelves last week but then they had to remove them and send them back to the manufacturer due to "fraud" concerns.

I don't know if this is the end of the visa cards at best buy. But I recall something similar happened this time last year also and they later came back.

I still have some best buy amex sync offers I haven't used and not sure what to do now.

Oh well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.