$25 off $250 Best Buy Amex Sync

Old Jul 14, 14, 7:03 am
Original Poster

$25 off $250 Best Buy Amex Sync

Tweet #AmexBestBuy or look on offers/FB.

Looks like online and in stores.

Splitting payments across multiple GCs is probably the easiest thing to do. Anybody know if Shopkick still gives points?

Last edited by hitman1420; Jul 14, 14 at 7:17 am
Old Jul 14, 14, 7:22 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by hitman1420 View Post
Tweet #AmexBestBuy or look on offers/FB.

Looks like online and in stores.

Splitting payments across multiple GCs is probably the easiest thing to do. Anybody know if Shopkick still gives points?
Thanks for the tip! Shopkick points now only on fee.
Old Jul 14, 14, 8:00 am

Programs: *$ Gold :)
Thanks for heads up! Synced all cards.

Apparently if offer existed on one of cards in Offers For You section of amex website, it will disappear if sync other cards via social media channels. So one better save offer from Offers For You first.
Old Jul 14, 14, 8:11 am

Programs: SW CP, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by pier11 View Post
Thanks for heads up! Synced all cards.

Apparently if offer existed on one of cards in Offers For You section of amex website, it will disappear if sync other cards via social media channels. So one better save offer from Offers For You first.
Not exactly sure what your saying but I just synced the offer via FB for one card and via twitter for another.
Old Jul 14, 14, 9:13 am

Since I don't like overpaying for electronic stuff, I don't go to BB very often.

Can you use 3 or more CC for split payment in one transaction to purchase multiple VGC?
Old Jul 14, 14, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by gooch69509 View Post
Since I don't like overpaying for electronic stuff, I don't go to BB very often.

Can you use 3 or more CC for split payment in one transaction to purchase multiple VGC?

If your store allows CCs to buy VGC, you can split payments.
Old Jul 14, 14, 10:02 am

Even though it was in "my offers" only for my Everyday card, it worked on my SPG cards too by tweeting
Old Jul 14, 14, 10:03 am

Don't forget that u can buy Kindle GCs at BB
Old Jul 14, 14, 10:36 am

Programs: UA, AA, Delta
do VISA GCs qualify for those amex promo? Terms mention corporate gift cards excluded...
Old Jul 14, 14, 10:47 am

Programs: US Silver / AA Ruby, Hyatt & Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott & SPG Fools Gold
Originally Posted by somdave2005 View Post
do VISA GCs qualify for those amex promo? Terms mention corporate gift cards excluded...
They did last year.
Old Jul 14, 14, 4:13 pm

It's back again. I've done it twice before already, know the drill.

Bought 5 X $200 VGC and paid with 4 different Amex cards for an easy $100 bonus. (The BB elite bonus and my CC bonuses will wipe out the $5.95 purchase fee).

Already received Amex sync confirmation thanking me for using my cards. ^
Old Jul 14, 14, 4:54 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Delta
Originally Posted by skitch23 View Post
They did last year.
Gracias
Old Jul 14, 14, 6:50 pm

Arrow Amex offer: Get $25 statement credit when you spend $250+ @ Best Buy

OFFER DETAILS
Get a one-time $25 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a total of $250 or more at Best Buy by 9/2/2014.

TERMS
Valid in store and online at bestbuy.com. Not valid at Best Buy Express, on Geek Squad services made outside of Best Buy stores, Best Buy Parts Store, Best Buy Private Store & Auction or at standalone Pacific Sales stores. Excludes e-gift cards, corporate gift cards, and PayPal purchases. Valid at US locations and territories only. Excludes Canada and Mexico stores. If you order an item during the offer period but it is not sent to you until after 9/2/14, it may not count towards determining whether your purchase qualifies for the offer. Enroll ltd. Limit 1 statement credit per American Express Card across all American Express offer channels. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 9/2/14, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you will not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it.
Old Jul 14, 14, 8:51 pm

The BBY I went to had $200 VGCs but the register only allowed one card per transaction. Not sure if it was that BBY or if it is corporate policy? The CSR tried a few times but the register didn't allow it and the manager came and said it was only one card per transaction. They were okay with me buying multiple cards but I was trying to buy it in one transaction and split payments across Amex cards.
Old Jul 14, 14, 9:50 pm

Programs: All of them!
Originally Posted by tsmith12 View Post
The BBY I went to had $200 VGCs but the register only allowed one card per transaction. Not sure if it was that BBY or if it is corporate policy? The CSR tried a few times but the register didn't allow it and the manager came and said it was only one card per transaction. They were okay with me buying multiple cards but I was trying to buy it in one transaction and split payments across Amex cards.
Definitely not corp policy, and a nonsensical rule too. Try a different store. I believe corp policy limits you to 1k/day, or at least that's the limit at most stores, but that's enforced by the store personnel and not the registers, which will allow you to ring up more than 1k at a time, or at least did the last time they let me do it which was awhile ago. I've found many BB cashiers have no idea how to ring up VGC as employee turnover is high and not many people buy them. Unless this store has their own version of the register software, which seems unlikely,

Search this Thread
Search Engine: