Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$25 off $250 Best Buy Amex Sync

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2014, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by rideride2
I assume these can be liquidated through Bluebird at Money Centers?
Yes, I emptied mine out through BlueBird the same day I bought them.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah, which is the bank that is issuing these Visa cards? Are they generally available in all Best Buy stores? You'd pretty much need the $200s to make the effort worthwhile (otherwise the fees would get too high).
Old Jul 17, 2014, 8:16 am

Easily, the pin is the last 4 of the card number.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 8:24 am

Programs: Southwest CP, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by iahphx
Yeah, which is the bank that is issuing these Visa cards? Are they generally available in all Best Buy stores? You'd pretty much need the $200s to make the effort worthwhile (otherwise the fees would get too high).
They are issued by MetaBank. I've always found the $200 gcs in stock. Like others have mentioned, some employees don't know how to ring them up(I think they have to press F8).
Old Jul 17, 2014, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by Marlon12
They are issued by MetaBank. I've always found the $200 gcs in stock. Like others have mentioned, some employees don't know how to ring them up(I think they have to press F8).
F5
Old Jul 17, 2014, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by Marlon12
Originally Posted by I Fly Delta Jets
F5
F6 then F5. i double checked when i taught another cashier how to ring them up earlier today
Old Jul 17, 2014, 4:56 pm

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
Originally Posted by msnut1
Easily, the pin is the last 4 of the card number.
and you don't even have to call to activate. I dumped around $1200 today at WM kiosk. If you can find a working kios it is much easier than AP.

With AP, I generally register first and then add so it's a lot of typing.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by brownie20
F6 then F5. i double checked when i taught another cashier how to ring them up earlier today
I stand corrected
Old Jul 17, 2014, 6:19 pm

Programs: HH Gold (again), US/UA/DL non-elite, ZE Presidents Circle, WN reluctant no fee convert.
Originally Posted by DziVang
Well, the VGC I bought has the word "BestBuy prepaid card" and underneath it says "can be used @ BestBuy or anywhere Visa Debit accepted".
INTERESTING! I just glanced at the BBY cards on display and went with the experience of a previous poster to the thread that the GCs would be at the register and have to be requested. Might try again if I am near again.

Thanks for the post!
Old Jul 17, 2014, 7:06 pm

Programs: Southwest CP, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by brownie20
^
Old Jul 17, 2014, 10:00 pm

I'm new to MS and this was my first attempt at anything! Decided to go for this promotion on 3 amex cards. I purchased 4 of the "Happy Birthday Best Buy Prepaid Cards' @ $200 each. Charged $250 to each card but have not received any email from amex sync yet . So I am hoping that this wasn't considered a corporate giftcard. Has anyone else already had success with the Metabank visa card with the best buy logo?

Also signed up for a bluebird account today so that card should be here next week. But I don't particularly care to wait a week so does anyone know if it is possible to cash these out for a money order at WalMart? I know VGC and VR can be, but not sure on these.

OP: Thanks for throwing this info out there!
Old Jul 18, 2014, 2:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CarnegieS
I'm new to MS and this was my first attempt at anything! Decided to go for this promotion on 3 amex cards. I purchased 4 of the "Happy Birthday Best Buy Prepaid Cards' @ $200 each. Charged $250 to each card but have not received any email from amex sync yet . So I am hoping that this wasn't considered a corporate giftcard. Has anyone else already had success with the Metabank visa card with the best buy logo?

Also signed up for a bluebird account today so that card should be here next week. But I don't particularly care to wait a week so does anyone know if it is possible to cash these out for a money order at WalMart? I know VGC and VR can be, but not sure on these.

Welcome to flyertalk! Any gift cards there should work for the offer, not sure why you haven't gotten the email yet. You're welcome!
Old Jul 18, 2014, 7:20 am

give it another day and if you still don't get the credit posted, just call amex CS and they can easily fix it for you. as long as this offer are on your 3 primary accounts and not AUs, you will get the statement credit for each since you complied with the terms.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 7:22 am

My credit took two days to post.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 7:35 am

Just got my credits on PRG and Old Blue. Still waiting for Serve and Fid Amex to post.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.