Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gift Card Exchanges

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2015, 11:39 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, National Exec Elite
I've had good experiences selling gas GCs to MonsterGiftCard and SaveYa. Good luck!
Old Mar 20, 2015, 12:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by frekwentflier
I've had good experiences selling gas GCs to MonsterGiftCard and SaveYa. Good luck!
Thanks for the ideas! I'm checking them out now, and SaveYa looks interesting on paper (screen). They buy in standard quantities (under $300/mo) or bulk (over $500/mo), but not in between.
I'm wondering if the bulk pays better, and approx. by how much?

Also, did you send them your physical gas cards or the scans? Their process description is not very clear, so any further details would be appreciated.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 10:05 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by MaxVO
Thanks for the ideas! I'm checking them out now, and SaveYa looks interesting on paper (screen). They buy in standard quantities (under $300/mo) or bulk (over $500/mo), but not in between.
I'm wondering if the bulk pays better, and approx. by how much?

Also, did you send them your physical gas cards or the scans? Their process description is not very clear, so any further details would be appreciated.
I signed up as a bulk seller. As of now, there is no rate difference, but my assigned rep, who I can call anytime I want, has told me that in the future, she'll have more flexibility to raise rates for me. Who knows if that is true?

Whether you send physical cards or ecodes depends on the type of card. For gas cards, it's always physical. And that's all I've sold so far.

The one main thing I like about SaveYa is that for any > $500 sale, they'll email you a free Fedex shipping label that you can print out. No more chancing it with first class mail or paying for Priority Mail. I trust Fedex much more than the Post Office.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 7:20 am

I signed up as a bulk seller. As of now, there is no rate difference, but my assigned rep, who I can call anytime I want, has told me that in the future, she'll have more flexibility to raise rates for me. Who knows if that is true?
100% true, just work on the sales #'s and they'll be able to raise the rates. Be sure to sell cards that don't go bad and it'll solidify your case

Whether you send physical cards or ecodes depends on the type of card. For gas cards, it's always physical. And that's all I've sold so far.

The one main thing I like about SaveYa is that for any > $500 sale, they'll email you a free Fedex shipping label that you can print out. No more chancing it with first class mail or paying for Priority Mail. I trust Fedex much more than the Post Office.
Also giftcards.com -> SaveYa just a new rebranding

Someone asked about

On 1099, the only one that I know of that issues a 1099 is Raise
Old Mar 21, 2015, 9:53 am

I have CVS gift card (store credit) like to cashout.
On Ebay get about 85% [final bids are around 93% + cost about 7% (?) between (ebay + paypal + shipping)]
I put on Craigslist for 85%, asking for 75%

Anyone has a better suggestion/experience for cvs cards?
Old Mar 21, 2015, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by prasha11
I have CVS gift card (store credit) like to cashout.
On Ebay get about 85% [final bids are around 93% + cost about 7% (?) between (ebay + paypal + shipping)]
I put on Craigslist for 85%, asking for 75%

Anyone has a better suggestion/experience for cvs cards?
Unless you pay for a store on Ebay, the fees are currently 10% of total + 3% for PayPal (required) + shipping. I just got email notification from them about fee changes in early summer (more listing fees + more convoluted rules). Ebay is really winding down its role as an attractive small selling platform, and I can hardly wait for a more reasonable competitor (Google Auctions anyone?).

Is it realistic to try using your store credit for upgrading to a more liquid alternative (Amazon, gas GC, VGC)?
Old Mar 21, 2015, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jm38750n
Also giftcards.com -> SaveYa just a new rebranding
That's more reassuring than a new startup with no history.

Also, trackable mailing labels are a big plus, as @frekwentflier reported.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 4:09 pm

Is it realistic to try using your store credit for upgrading to a more liquid alternative (Amazon, gas GC, VGC)?
what do u mean?

How can u upgrade the store credit to Gas GC?

Is there anything to shop at CVS and sell that on ebay at 15% discount?
Old Mar 21, 2015, 7:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by prasha11
Is there anything to shop at CVS and sell that on ebay at 15% discount?
There are some ideas on MS-related CVS thread (better than ebay). I don't want to quote anyone, as I haven't done it myself. You may find something relevant there, or ask someone in private.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 9:03 pm

There are some ideas on MS-related CVS thread
Are u referring to 'CVS master thread'?
Old May 19, 2015, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

I signed up as a bulk seller. As of now, there is no rate difference, but my assigned rep, who I can call anytime I want, has told me that in the future, she'll have more flexibility to raise rates for me.
Did you have to give SaveYa your SSN? Their current application requires that along with the DL number. With that extra requirement, I'm not sure that the risk of giving out your SSN is worth the benefit of prepaid shipping labels. Realistically speaking, most of such small companies go out of business in a few years, at which point their assets and records are up for grabs to the highest bidder.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 9:54 pm

How did you apply to become a bulk seller at Saveya?

I have "sent" my information over the website from my logged in account and I have also tried calling and leaving a message...no one ever gets back to me and I cannot find an actual application on the site..

Any advice?
Old Jun 16, 2015, 12:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by djschni
How did you apply to become a bulk seller at Saveya?

I have "sent" my information over the website from my logged in account and I have also tried calling and leaving a message...no one ever gets back to me and I cannot find an actual application on the site..

Any advice?
It took me several weeks, many emails and phone calls to finally talk to a real person (Mary Koczan). She confirmed that they do indeed require the SSN for the bulk seller account. I deemed it a highly risky step for very minor benefits. Keep in mind that these companies form and disappear on very short cycles, and their property (including records) will eventually be liquidated (sold).
Old Jul 11, 2015, 4:39 pm
Original Poster

As an update, I can report several reasonably good experiences with SaveYa.com.
Also, came across an article reporting that Gift Card Rescue is practically a scam.
Finally, I'm getting the impression that Giftcard Zen is delivering a substantially deteriorating service compared to last year (as well as uncompetitive payout rates).
Old Jul 12, 2015, 3:24 am

I tried to sell a walmart gift card I bought on eBay to giftcardzen. Their form asks how the card was obtained, and I wrote "bought on eBay". So I mailed the card, and then a few days after they got the card, they emailed me saying the gift card is rejected. I asked why, and they told me that they don't accept gift cards purchased on eBay. That made me angry since I wasted time and money mailing that gift card, and they could have put a disclaimer somewhere saying they don't accept giftcards bought from eBay. However, they at least returned the card for free in a few days. Turns out place like giftcardrescue.com makes you mail a stamped and self-addressed envelope if they decide not to buy your gift card for whatever reason (and they never bother to tell you how they will decide unless they get your gift card first). I don't understand why these places don't approve your gift card before they make you mail them. They could ask for receipts and whatever they need to know before they "make the offer".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.