Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Staples deal is back- Buy $300 Visa GC, get $20 Prepaid Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2014, 10:20 am

LOL I was just randomly buying $600 worth of gift cards and the lady was like here's your rebate. Bonus.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 8:32 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AK, UN, CN
I went in last night and picked up $600 of cards. No rebate came out.

After a bunch of looking around the Manager couldn't find the rebate. It also wasn't listed in their weekly brochure here in Minneapolis. He said they had a special last week.

I get 5X miles and am working on some spend so didn't bother trying to return them (Can you?).

Looking closer, I see I bought MC and the deal was on Visa gift cards. Oops! I wasn't paying much attention but all the GC's looked the same so I don't think they had Visa ones.

I'll have to stop at another Staples this week.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by ryandelmundo
(Can you?).
No.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 10:28 pm

Has anybody gotten the AMEX statement credit with an authorized user card? For the small business Saturday deals I've always gotten the credit for my AU cards. I did not get the $25 credit on the Staples $25 off $100 from last month on my AU cards but I got mine.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 12:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Rooks
Has anybody gotten the AMEX statement credit with an authorized user card? For the small business Saturday deals I've always gotten the credit for my AU cards. I did not get the $25 credit on the Staples $25 off $100 from last month on my AU cards but I got mine.
Got it on one AU...still waiting on the other AU credit (It was posted on Tue, so I'll give it a day or two)

ETA: Got the 2nd and 3rd AU credit today =)

Last edited by tsmith12; Apr 17, 2014 at 9:10 am
Old Apr 17, 2014, 4:39 am

Originally Posted by Rooks
I did get AU credits for SBS but not for any Sync offers, which you'll recall are a different process.

I went through some stuff with an AmEx CSR who was helpful and gave the credit manually, but pointed out that, when you add it online, it says "added to card 34108"--i.e. your card not your AU.

So I set up AU accounts on AmEx as a way to add things twice to the same account and have had no problems since adding and receiving. For more info I suggest: http://milenomics.com/2014/03/adding...o-au-accounts/
Old Apr 17, 2014, 10:58 am

Last night I bought 2 $200 VGCs. Cashier had no problem splitting tender on 4 Amex cards. Easy Rebate printed out automatically.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by aresay
Last night I bought 2 $200 VGCs. Cashier had no problem splitting tender on 4 Amex cards. Easy Rebate printed out automatically.
Lucky, the manager at my store had the audacity to say that using multiple forms of payment is not allowed for gift cards. I think the manager understood the memo she got saying I could not split transactions to go over the $2k limit per day.

In any case, I went back a couple days later and they were out of cards. Had to settle for buying the $100 cards online at staples.com. I made out so well on the amex staples offers I can't really complain.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 5:41 pm

i'm sure someone has a story about the somerville location - went in and saw multiple $200 cards on the rack and when i went to check out was told the manager wasn't allowing split tender transactions on gift cards because of an issue earlier this week. they were very aware of the amex promo
Old Apr 17, 2014, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by envoy245
Use Evolve Money as a way to liquidate them... pay utilities, insurance and other bills
-

Last edited by Picklesk; May 2, 2014 at 11:41 am
Old Apr 17, 2014, 8:52 pm

What memo are you talking about? I went to the store yesterday and the manager said something like Amex points? she said it's my CC does not allow splitting transaction. I did not argue and walked away without purchase.

Originally Posted by brownie20
i'm sure someone has a story about the somerville location - went in and saw multiple $200 cards on the rack and when i went to check out was told the manager wasn't allowing split tender transactions on gift cards because of an issue earlier this week. they were very aware of the amex promo
Old Apr 17, 2014, 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by zgrzfg
What memo are you talking about? I went to the store yesterday and the manager said something like Amex points? she said it's my CC does not allow splitting transaction. I did not argue and walked away without purchase.
they never mentioned a memo just that the manager wasn't allowing split tenders on gift card purchases because of an issue earlier this week and the fact they knew amex was giving $25 credit for $100 purchases (slightly incorrect b/c it's $20 not $25 but i didn't correct them).
Old Apr 18, 2014, 6:00 pm
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
ughh stores around me never have the $200 visas in stock... talked to a girl working there and she said they actually did have a bunch earlier in the week, and one douche came and cleaned em out :/ lol ... she doesnt know when they will be reordered. guess cant cash in on this promo -- unless someone by chance knows if they restock tmrw (last day of the promo.)

also why are people talking about getting $600 worth of GCs, isnt this promo only limited to 1 rebate per house, and staples only sells max denom of $200 - so we'd get 2x $200 = $400, why the extra $200 to get upto $600?
Old Apr 18, 2014, 6:04 pm
Suspended

I'm not too sure, but it may have to do with miles or points.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 6:04 pm
jmw

You can buy 100s, but your profit goes down by $6. Still worthwhile with an Ink that still hasn't maxed out the 5x. Getting something is better than nothing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.