Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

loyal3 free stock trades with credit/debit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 10, 2014, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MasterCharge
Limits

As of November 20th, 2014, Loyal3 does not allows purchases of $10, $25 and $50 with a credit card.

Maximum purchase generally limited to $10,000 per IPO and $2,500 per month per non-IPO stock.
No Cash Advance:
Bank of America Virgin Atlantic
Bank of America Alaska Air
Barclaycard Arrival
Capital One (All Cards)
Citi Platinum AAdvantage Visa
Chase Hyatt
Chase Freedom
Chase Marriott
Chase Sapphire Preferred
Chase United MileagePlus Explorer
Chase United Business
US Bank Flex Perks

Cash Advance:
*Data Needed

Placing Orders

- Make sure when you place an order, the funding source is selected as your CC and not the Checking account that it defaults too. Loyal3 won't cancel the buy order, and some have suggested the only way is to put a stop on the amount by contacting your bank.

Current Stocks Available for Trade

*A total of sixty-two (62) as of 10/14/2014
  1. NASDAQ: FOX
  2. NASDAQ: AMZN
  3. NASDAQ: AAPL
  4. NASDAQ: ATVI
  5. NASDAQ: BWLD
  6. NASDAQ: DISCA
  7. NASDAQ: DNKN
  8. NASDAQ: EA
  9. NASDAQ: EIGI
  10. NASDAQ: FB
  11. NASDAQ: FTR
  12. NASDAQ: GPRO
  13. NASDAQ: GOOGL
  14. NASDAQ: HAS
  15. NASDAQ: INTC
  16. NASDAQ: KRFT
  17. NASDAQ: MAT
  18. NASDAQ: MSFT
  19. NASDAQ: MDLZ
  20. NASDAQ: MNST
  21. NASDAQ: PLAY
  22. NASDAQ: SBUX
  23. NASDAQ: VIAB
  24. NASDAQ: YHOO
  25. NYSE: GLOB
  26. NYSE: AMC
  27. NYSE: ANF
  28. NYSE: ARO
  29. NYSE: AEO
  30. NYSE: BABA
  31. NYSE: BUD
  32. NYSE: BRK.B
  33. NYSE: BBY
  34. NYSE: BKW
  35. NYSE: KO
  36. NYSE: DIS
  37. NYSE: DPS
  38. NYSE: GPS
  39. NYSE: HSY
  40. NYSE: HUBS
  41. NYSE: KATE
  42. NYSE: K
  43. NYSE: KSS
  44. NYSE: LB
  45. NYSE: M
  46. NYSE: MCD
  47. NYSE: NKE
  48. NYSE: NOK
  49. NYSE: PVH
  50. NYSE: PEP
  51. NYSE: ZQK
  52. NYSE: RL
  53. NYSE: SC
  54. NYSE: TGT
  55. NYSE: TWX
  56. NYSE: TRUP
  57. NYSE: TWTR
  58. NYSE: UL
  59. NYSE: VFC
  60. NYSE: WMT
  61. NYSE: WWE
  62. NYSE: YUM

IPO's for Trade Now

Print Wikipost

loyal3 free stock trades with credit/debit card

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2014, 10:06 am

Programs: AA Plt-Lite 2MM,HH Gld, MR Plat
Originally Posted by drdrew450
This is not for everyone, if you already invest in stocks keep reading. If you don't this is not for you.

I just bought 1 share($531) of Apple with a credit card, please only buy something you believe in and do your homework. I don't plan on buying and selling right away. Pick a slow mover like walmart if you want to try it out.

You don't have control of when they buy/sell within the day you pick, like a mutual fund.

Again be cautious. I own 35 shares of apple already, so I feel confident holding it for years if I have to.

You will have to file a schedule D on your taxes for these trades...still a great opportunity if its all true, ill sell my $531 in stock in a few days as a test and let you guys know the result.

http://www.mymoneyblog.com/loyal3-ea...ny-stocks.html

there is an older thread on this but it is very old and pre man spend section of FT.
What CC brand used? Treated as a purchase?

Thanks
Old Mar 19, 2014, 11:08 am

I can't do it sadly as it does not allow those affiliated with a broker dealer (my employer).

This does seem exploitable to me if it works and I wouldn't have hesitated to try it. If you asked any day trader whether they'd take a guaranteed 2% profit each time they booked a trade (cash back on say, Fidelity card), even with the limited control over purchase price during that trading day, and they'd jump on it.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 11:11 am

VISA MCC is coded as BUSINESS / PROFESSIONAL SERVICES - 7399.

I don't think it would tag as cash advance in that case, right?
Old Mar 19, 2014, 11:15 am

Also, Berkshire seems like one of the safest ones. That thing is never very volatile.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by heyeaglefn
Going to be a tax nightmare
This actually ventures into very murky waters of taxation. IRS has always maintained that points/miles/CB earned by individuals with credit cards are not taxed. However, if you earn points/miles/CB with a business card, the value of the points must be deducted from the cost basis of the goods you purchased with the card. Assuming you deduct the cost of goods in your business taxes.

I would venture to say that IRS will take the same position with the stocks purchased with the points earning cards. They would expect the value of the points to be deducted from the cost basis of the stocks you bought. Proceed with caution.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by aleck71
This actually ventures into very murky waters of taxation. IRS has always maintained that points/miles/CB earned by individuals with credit cards are not taxed. However, if you earn points/miles/CB with a business card, the value of the points must be deducted from the cost basis of the goods you purchased with the card. Assuming you deduct the cost of goods in your business taxes.

I would venture to say that IRS will take the same position with the stocks purchased with the points earning cards. They would expect the value of the points to be deducted from the cost basis of the stocks you bought. Proceed with caution.
Fortunately I do not envision the IRS requiring us to disclose method of purchase. Plus, we are technically paying loyal3 who is then making the actual purchase. I would take the stance that my cost basis is exactly what I paid to loyal3.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 11:22 am

Programs: AA, UA, US
i am doing a test buy with csp, will post results.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 11:23 am

TOC:

Maximum Amount of Purchases. Each stock available on the LOYAL3 platform will have a maximum amount for purchases as described either by a company in its prospectus or by LOYAL3, typically not allowing for more than $2,500 in purchase transactions, per stock, per 30-day period.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 11:24 am

Web site appears to indicate a maximum of $2,500 per month per stock.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 11:28 am

Generally treated as a purchase, there is a discussion on other forum

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1331913/
Old Mar 19, 2014, 11:29 am

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
Originally Posted by aleck71

I was talking about more the buying and selling of stocks, potentially many times a month. Tracking your gains and losses depending on how many trades you are making.

Plus, there are already people that have been shutdown by loyal3 for abusing this.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 12:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt, SPG, IHG
I'll also test this out with CSP, but only $10.......btw any of you know when they actually buy or sell stock on which days?
Old Mar 19, 2014, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by heyeaglefn
I was talking about more the buying and selling of stocks, potentially many times a month. Tracking your gains and losses depending on how many trades you are making.

Plus, there are already people that have been shutdown by loyal3 for abusing this.

Ehh anyone that is serious about MS and/or stock trading can track their trades either way. Now with multiple transactions of the same stock and all that stuff, if one doesn't know how to do it, pay for an upgraded version of Turbotax or take it to your friendly CPA.

Now the part I am interested in is how much $ and how often one could transfer to their checking account per month. Any further details on these shut downs?
Old Mar 19, 2014, 12:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt, SPG, IHG
Also, another thought on this. Since they take CC / Debit. Couldn't we unload the GC on them if we can bare the risk? Anyone want to try it with GC?
Old Mar 19, 2014, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA, UA, US
Originally Posted by Shuai Zeng
Also, another thought on this. Since they take CC / Debit. Couldn't we unload the GC on them if we can bare the risk? Anyone want to try it with GC?
i have a 200$ gc from ataples in my car, i can try and report ~30 min

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.