Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

T-Mobile Visa Prepaid - Bluebird Competitor for MS! (May not load w/CC)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 22, 2014, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: XP1
Warning: The T-M website contains an apparent Bill Pay function. Attempting to use it to pay credit card bills, or probably any significant $ amount bills of any sort, will get your account frozen. Ditto large scale ATM or MO withdrawals. The one method of unloading likely to keep you under the radar is small scale WM BP. Also likely to get you shut down, according to consensus reports, is running much more than $5K a month thru your account. You ignore this advice at your own risk.

SUMMARY

1. FAQ's
2. Free to use for TMo customers.
3. Issued by Bancorp
4. Load at T-mobile store (Registers are HARD CODED not to accept anything other than cash.)
5. or Reloadit, (find a grocery store that sold reloadit cards with a cc)

List Stores hard coded for cash or Credit Card accepted
T-Mobile (cash only)
Home Depot (cash only, hard coded)
Harris Teeter - Bought with CC on 2/16/14, hard coded denied CC on 5 APR 2014
Winn-Dixie - Hard coded for cash (debit may work, untested) as of Oct-2015
Meijer (Cash/Debit including VGC)
Giant Eagle/GetGo (Cash, Debit including VGC )
Safeways/Vons/Pavilions in California - most only Cash
Food Lion - Manager override now required. Many stores cash or bank debit only, but registers are not hard coded.
Save-A-Lot: Hard coded cash only
BigY: At least some stores have gone cash only as of 1/8
Acme in PA: Hard-coded cash only (Source)

Note on ReloadIt Cards
These come in two main flavors, up to $500, and up to $950 (there are ones that go up to $50, too). Both are $3.95 load fee. The older grey cards, have CASH ONLY on them. Even if the cash register is coded to accept it, many cashiers will be hesitant to even try, or get shut down by manager.
The maximum value reload will be $2,500.00. There is no maximum number of times you may value reload your Card Account per day; however, the maximum dollar amount of value reloads you may make to your Card Account in one day is $2,500.00. We will accept direct deposits larger than $2,500.00, but any direct deposit value reloaded to your Card Account will count against the $2,500.00 daily limit.
Value Reload Fee: Each time you value reload $300.00 or more to your Card Account in a single transaction, you will receive a credit for any fee you paid. If you are a T-Mobile Wireless Customer and value reload your Card Account at a participating T-Mobile Wireless location, you will receive a refund at the register (and will pay no fee for your value reload). If you value reload your Card Account for $300.00 or more via another method, we will issue a credit to your Card Account in the amount of the fee you paid.

In practice, a ReloadIt >= $300 loaded via the safe will receive credit for the fee. However, the terms formally state "Please note: Value reloads made from Reloadit Packs that have been placed in the Program Manager’s Reloadit `Safe' are not eligible for any fee credit." so this is not guaranteed.

The Limits:
Daily limit: $2500 during a rolling 24 hour period
Monthly limit: ?
Annual Limit: ?
Max Bill Pay (per transaction): = $5000 (tested March 6th, can do 'at least' a second for the same amount to the same payee momment later).
Daily ATM limit: $500 (rolling 24 hr rather than calendar day)

Total monthly bill pay limit: ?
The maximum value of your Card Account is restricted to $10,000.00

T-Mobile Prepaid Customer Service Email: [email protected]

If you need to escalate to the FDIC, Bancorp's registered FDIC# is 35444.
If you want to try to open an FDIC complaint or investigation you can send one in electronically at
http://www2.fdic.gov/IDASP/DIRSInfoRequest.asp

Alternative FDIC link to file complaint
https://www2.fdic.gov/starsmail/index.asp

FAQ
  • My fee did not get refunded. Has there been a policy change? ReloadIt Fees are processed overnight and could take 24 hours after you reload the card. As of 9/2015, ReloadIt cards added to the safe prior to loading on T-Mobile will still get the $3.95 refunded.
  • What is a safe transaction amount? There is no definite safe or unsafe amount. However, starting the last week of Jul 2015, people have been reporting the account frozen after transactions larger than $1K.
  • Can I use the BP Feature? It works well for some people. Many have reported getting shutdown after using it. A few have reported having the payments lost. Like all MS activity, use at your own risk.
  • Should I mix in some regular spending to make it look like this is my primary card? If it makes you feel better, go for it. However people who do this still get shutdown.
  • I can't log in. Did I get shutdown? Possibly. But more likely the website is having technical issues. Call in, o try to make a swipe purchase and test it out.
  • If I pay my taxes with this card, will I get shutdown? Large purchase raise red flags. Taxes are no different and there are reports of people being shut down for doing this.
  • What is a T-Mobile wireless customer? A qualifying T-Mobile wireless customer can be either a postpaid or prepaid customer. Source: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24790705-post3703.html
Print Wikipost

T-Mobile Visa Prepaid - Bluebird Competitor for MS! (May not load w/CC)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2014, 11:33 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
There seems to be a problem with the ReloadIts at Vons/Pavillions for the past week.

My very 'friendly' stores, where the managers DO know what they're doing and have sold these to me many times before have been unable to get these to scan -- can't even get to the point where they are prompted to enter the amount.

Tried mixing it up too: $40-$950 cards, 'regular' $20-$500 cards, and even the 'netspend' $20-$500 cards. None worked. Even tried an old silver card, it didn't work either.

I hope this isn't some sort of 'attempted' system update in the goal of hard coding these as cash only.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by thehawk75
There seems to be a problem with the ReloadIts at Vons/Pavillions for the past week.

My very 'friendly' stores, where the managers DO know what they're doing and have sold these to me many times before have been unable to get these to scan -- can't even get to the point where they are prompted to enter the amount.

Tried mixing it up too: $40-$950 cards, 'regular' $20-$500 cards, and even the 'netspend' $20-$500 cards. None worked. Even tried an old silver card, it didn't work either.

I hope this isn't some sort of 'attempted' system update in the goal of hard coding these as cash only.
The grocery store I buy mine also have a new batch of the white RLs which won't scan. Fortunately, they have stacks of the old gray ones which always worked for me. They put them in the peg above eye level that one is likely to miss it so hopefully, I can keep on buying them. They are all aware it says cash only but still take CCs so I hope that doesn't change.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 8:56 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Brugge
Great, but... What do you tell the checker to get them to do an override?. My checkers tend to be skittish about selling them in the first place. Almost everyone turns it over and looks for the "cash only" that used to be on the $20-$900 cards.

The only time I accidently asked for $500, instead of $495, the checker had to get an override key from the manager. I'm guessing a checker might feel much more personally responsible for the sale if they personally do an override.

Are you doing this with a checker who knows you from selling you cards on a long term basis? I don't have an established relationship with a checker like I do with some cashiers at CVS, who have even offered to help me avoid the $2k limit by doing OVs one at a time. I didn't take her up on that, lest it get her in trouble, but she offered it on her own. I wish I had a checker like that in a grocery store, but I don't.
There are two checkers whom work the shift when I go in that always seem to be there, if they see me in line they will call over the speaker to request the override if they don't have one in their pocket already. and Yes I have a long term purchase relationship with them. they are releaved I'm not scamming just MSing. If the manager comes over with the override they usually say hello to me too.
Some people say to mix up your store so you don't stand out, for me this same store has been working well so I instead mix up the credit card I use. I have been using this store for about 5 months now ever since the OV stopped consistently working at WM. It was actually a blessing in disguise because prior to this I had not ventured into the world of reloadits.

Last edited by particlemn; Nov 20, 2014 at 11:53 am Reason: fixed spelling thanks commdiver
Old Nov 20, 2014, 10:53 am

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Priority, SPG - AA, Hawaiian Airline, United, US Airline
I log in reloadit.com and load my card but the website keeps getting error. Does anybody have the same problem?
Old Nov 20, 2014, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by particlemn
I have been suing this store for about 5 months now ever since the OV stopped consistently working at WM.

Have you won yet?
Old Nov 20, 2014, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by commdiver
Have you won yet?
Doesn't matter if he wins, his legal fees will eat up the whole settlement amount.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 12:48 pm

Purchased 2 RL at Safeway today, no problems.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by Brewer20
Purchased 2 RL at Safeway today, no problems.
Purchased 2 $950 RLs last night at a Safeway/Vons/Pavillions. This one has not yet converted to new POS system. Don't know if it is related. My other go-to store has pulled all RLs so I could not test.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 2:46 pm

The safeway chain in MN has pulled reloadits from the shelves =(
Old Nov 20, 2014, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by exarkun
The safeway chain in MN has pulled reloadits from the shelves =(
Where are there Safeways in Minnesota?
Old Nov 22, 2014, 11:39 pm
Suspended

went into 5 different Vons in the LA/OC area 1 had asign ALL GCs etc Ca$h only. The other 4 no problems with getting RLDits for $495

Last edited by craz; Nov 23, 2014 at 4:33 am
Old Nov 23, 2014, 12:18 am

Programs: AS, UA, IHG, HH,
Originally Posted by craz
went into 5 different Vons in the LA/OC area 1 had asign ALL GCs etc Ca$h only. The other 4 no problems with getting RLDits for $95 :-)
did you forget a zero? I've got one safeway (called carrs) in my area where RL's have been pulled and won't even scan but there is about 5 others where it has been no prob. A new tactic that has had good results for me is to use the self check out. But first I ask the attendant if I can pay for it at the self check out and I'll flash the back of the RL to them. I've also always loaded less than $500. I am still concerned about how my go to store has had RL's pulled.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 1:04 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Went to a second Vons in my area and they had problems with RLs as well. Got further than the first one though. They could actually enter an amount, then they are prompted for the override. They scan that an another message pops up that says "Check key sequence". No one there had any idea what that meant. Tried both the 500 and 950 variety. Even tried loading 499 onto one of the 500s to see if it was a max load issue, but no - same behavior

Then went to a Ralphs - don't carry RLs

Then went to Albertsons. Cashier tried and tried, but couldn't get it to work. Called over manager who was confused. After about 10 minutes they both came to the realization that it was cash only (even though the PIN pad prompted me to swipe my card). After I did that, every option on their register except cash got greyed out....

So suddenly I am completely without RLs which puts a decent crimp in my MSing

Originally Posted by craz
went into 5 different Vons in the LA/OC area 1 had asign ALL GCs etc Ca$h only. The other 4 no problems with getting RLDits for $95 :-)
So you got RLs to work at 4 different Vons in the SoCal area???
Old Nov 23, 2014, 3:15 pm

Today I was entered into the "gift card compliance registry." Name, address, DL#...time to diversify locations.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 7:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold (UA comp)
Originally Posted by mandj
Today I was entered into the "gift card compliance registry." Name, address, DL#...time to diversify locations.
WTH does that mean???

For those of u that are getting an error loading the RL to TMo, wait 30 min after purchase. I hit the same error and CSA said wait. Previously could do a load in the pkg lot but last time I had to wait.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.