Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2014, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sechs
Please read the wiki before posting a question.

2/25/2015 - Single payment limit raised to $2999 when using credit or debit cards. Maximum payments per calendar month per individual biller account raised from 1 to 4.

2/18/2015 - Beginning next week, certain debit cards from smaller banks, as well as prepaid debit cards and gift cards will be subject to a 3 percent Bill Pay Fee on each payment.

Evolve now accepts Discover, Visa and Mastercard credit cards with 3% fee.

Debit Cards Not Charged the 3% Fee:
  • Insert here
  • US Bank (but not prepaid)

Transaction Limits:
http://www.evolvemoney.com/transaction-limits/

Daily dollar limits include:
  • $2,999.00 in payments funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 in payments funded by a cash load pack

Individual bill pay dollar limits include:
  • $2999.00 for a single bill funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 for a single bill funded by a cash load pack

Monthly payment limits include:
  • 4 payments per month using a credit or debit card within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Unlimited number of payments per month using a cash load pack within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Maximum of $10,000 total payments per month for credit, debit, and cash load packs combined.

The limits are based on charge date, not payment date.

There are currently no credit cards that can be paid via Evolve.

Tips for Using Evolve
  • No need to register your debit card
  • If your transaction does not go through, you will have to wait for the authorization to fall off your card
  • Using multiple Evolve accounts paying the same biller may lead to your biller being permanently blocked
  • If using GCs with the new scheduling feature, it is important to schedule in such a way that it says your card will be charged today (not on a future date) to prevent a decline; and if you want to avoid the Express Pay fee this also means typically scheduling a few days out (click each date to find one without the fee but still charges your card today).

Mortgages Section
Let us know if payments auto apply to principal or if you have to call

Bank of America: After making 4 payments over the weekend you MUST call (or use online banking messaging) to allocate funds to the regular payment - by default it goes to principal.

Central Mortgage: Appears to go to additional principal payment. YMMV

Chase: Payments with JPMorgan have to fall within a ~5-day window in order for them to be unallocated, otherwise they go to principal. Your window depends on the billing date (usually the 1st of the month). If so, the window is until the 5th, so using Evolve, you have to allow for the payment to post and have it post between ~the 1st and the 5th. PITA

Citi: Made two payments near the end of the month and these were originally "unapplied" and labeled as "additional funds received". A day or two afterwards they moved to principal payments. A quick call to Citi had the payments moved from principal to make up my monthly mortgage payment.

Nationstar Mortgage: Payment applied as an "Additional principal payment" if you sent before the 1st of the month. If you pay after the first, the payment is held until you submit the full payment amount, and then the whole thing is applied to your monthly payment.

PNC: Partial payments will be held aside until payment in full is made. They will send a letter.

Provident Funding: Does not accept partial payments. After month's mortgage is paid, accepts Evolve a additional principal payments.

US Bank: Made 4 payments in June; after a couple of days, payments moved from principal payment to applying to monthly payment w/o a call

Wells Fargo: Two $500 payments day 1, One $500 payment day 2 going over the actual mortgage payment amount due. The payment automatically combined itself to pay the exact amount due once the Third hit. Any amount that was overpaid subsequently went towards principal. Nice to not have to send in the Exact amount, if you don't mind paying some extra principal.

"If you have any problems with gift cards please send us an email at support [at] evolvemoney.com" [Source: AlexAtEvolveMoney]
Print Wikipost

Evolve Money

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2014, 11:30 am

Programs: Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by queensgambit
Has anyone been able to use Simon VGCs for bill pay ITT that can provide some info? I'm getting, "Card entered is not supported for Evolve Money payment. (e718)". I have read the wiki and searched various KWs so please don't hurt me.

Also for Reloadits (found a nearby store): other than the 6 minute rule and scheduling suggestions, are people just using the $950 cards one at a time to pay off each bill? Anything else I should be aware of that? Thanks everyone! I love each and every one of you.
I read Simon GC's are not allowed on Evolve(think couple of pages back)
Old Oct 24, 2014, 2:43 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, USairways, BA, United, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Plat , Marriott, Sixt Platinum
Did I mess up/buy wrong card? I bought one of these this morning from CVS with a CC and am getting "Please check that the card information you've entered is correct (e724)" when attempting to save the card on Evolve. Tried buying one of these and was told cash only (at CVS).

EDIT: Haha, turns out that the cards I bought were malfunctioning. Had to submit pictures/receipts to Incomm. Sorry about that - first time using the cards on Evolve so naturally thought something was wrong.

Last edited by queensgambit; Oct 24, 2014 at 3:19 pm
Old Oct 24, 2014, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by queensgambit
Did I mess up/buy wrong card? I bought one of these this morning from CVS with a CC and am getting "Please check that the card information you've entered is correct (e724)" when attempting to save the card on Evolve. Tried buying one of these and was told cash only (at CVS).
Either of those cards should work on Evolve.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 10:43 pm

Wasn't able to get the Simon GC to work - got the same not supported message reported upthread. I'll add a note to the Wiki indicating the same. I'm assuming there is no known workaround . . .
Old Oct 28, 2014, 6:17 am

I noticed yesterday that, for the first time, I was allowed to store a 4th debit card in my profile. Up until then, only three were allowed, which meant I had to cycle between OV cards. Small improvement, but every bit helps.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah - they seem to have made some minor changes to the interface recently also. Didn't realize the underlying functionality changed also.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 3:05 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by CFFrost
Wasn't able to get the Simon GC to work - got the same not supported message reported upthread. I'll add a note to the Wiki indicating the same. I'm assuming there is no known workaround . . .
I purchased some Simon GCs yesterday. I called the automated system to change the PIN. Somehow, while pressing buttons to change the PIN, at one point there was a prompt that offered to register the card for Internet purchases. I hadn't heard that prompt before (though to be fair, I usually hang up the moment I hear the system congratulate me that I've changed the PIN).

Did you try registering this card? Would that make any difference for use on Evolve?
Old Oct 28, 2014, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by GetawaysRus
I purchased some Simon GCs yesterday. I called the automated system to change the PIN. Somehow, while pressing buttons to change the PIN, at one point there was a prompt that offered to register the card for Internet purchases. I hadn't heard that prompt before (though to be fair, I usually hang up the moment I hear the system congratulate me that I've changed the PIN).

Did you try registering this card? Would that make any difference for use on Evolve?
I didn't try that.

I only had one to use on Evolve - and I just used it on some other bills that are usually Visa / MC only (bought the card with an Amex). Would have loaded it to BB but already maxed for the month.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by Zamboni Driver
I noticed yesterday that, for the first time, I was allowed to store a 4th debit card in my profile. Up until then, only three were allowed, which meant I had to cycle between OV cards. Small improvement, but every bit helps.
Actually this feature was supposed to happen when they made their most recent update, as was announced in their email. But it didn't and it became a royal pain to use GCs. Somehow, whenever they update/upgrade, things only get worse. Finally, it is working!
Old Oct 29, 2014, 11:04 am
Formerly known as pmclean

Originally Posted by Brugge
I thought it was only possible to make one payment per month.

I accidently paid a utility bill twice, once on the 3rd, and again on the 8th. Just forgot I had already done it from the email notice, and paid it again when the bill came in the mail. It went thru. Not that big a deal, it was only $80, which will just be credited to next month. But I thought that wasn't supposed to be possible anymore? Maybe only allowed when you don't want it to happen.
Did the same thing myself last month and days later got a shutdown from Evolve. I actually only use Evolve to pay two bills and have never abused it so my letter of appeal helped and they pulled the suspension.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 12:20 pm

Isn't it nice of Evolve to refuse your second payment if that payment is seen to be in violation of their terms rather than simply allowing you to make a second payment and shutting you down the next day, isn't it?

What? Oh. They let you make the payment? And then they shut you down? Well that's pretty stupid...
Old Oct 29, 2014, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mbaker4096
Isn't it nice of Evolve to refuse your second payment if that payment is seen to be in violation of their terms rather than simply allowing you to make a second payment and shutting you down the next day, isn't it?

What? Oh. They let you make the payment? And then they shut you down? Well that's pretty stupid...
If they shut you down, they lose less money.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 6:32 pm

I have a water bill that I pay. Sometimes it comes close to the end of the month and sometimes it comes near the beginning of the next month. I guess I need to be careful not to make 2 payments in the same calendar month, just always make it in the new month. Wish I didn't have to pay attention to that.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by mbaker4096

In th epast you were correct, payment would go through, but now when you make 1st payment they send you following notice with your confirmation email:
Please note you will not be able to make an additional payment to the biller account(s) specified in this email until next month. If you attempt to make a second payment your payment will not be completed.
I tried making a payment and received error message that I couldn't pay biller again this month.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 5:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Just wanted to confirm. I want to load my evolve account and schedule a payment today 10/31/14. If I schedule the payment today will that count as the charge date? I want to make a payment in November as well to the same company. So if I schedule the payment today and then try to pay an additional amount next month I will be fine, even though the payment from today will not clear until next month?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.