Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Where to buy money orders with prepaid/gift cards?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 19, 2014, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Please read this thread for help with Debit cards: PIN available now for Visa/MC prepaid debit cards

Many stores that accept Gebit for regular purchases will not accept Gebit for a MO purchase.

Supermarket chain policy varies by region, and even by store to store within the same region.
e.g. Kr0g3r may allow such in the South and Southeast, but does not in West, Southwest, Northwest, etc

Publix & Walmart & Winn Dixie = NO auto drain.
Publix & Walmart allow splits

Places that sell MO (need more DPs):

Supermarket and Grocery Stores:
Walmart
Shoprite (?)
Stop & Shop
Weis (cash only)
Wegmans (?)

Drug Stores:
CVS (?)
Rite Aids (acquired by Walgreens)
Walgreens
​​​​​​​
Convenience Stores:
7-11 (?)
QuickChek (?)
Wawa (?)
Print Wikipost

Where to buy money orders with prepaid/gift cards?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2014, 10:46 am

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by FlyingExplorer
I think you meant Jan-Dec.
^
Old Feb 4, 2014, 11:01 am

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by skibum7732
$0.99 here and max of $500 per MO
That's high. It's good to know though, because I may end up moving down there.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 12:53 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
So I was in walmart tonight and was informed of a new "policy" I guess as of yesterday they can only do a max of $500 per MO and all MO's must be done in one transaction.

This is all at my favorite walmart so its kind of dissapointing.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 1:04 am

i show my cleavage and everything is fine.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 1:27 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by OnTheRocks
So I was in walmart tonight and was informed of a new "policy" I guess as of yesterday they can only do a max of $500 per MO and all MO's must be done in one transaction.

I was in mine earlier tonight and no such policy here
Old Feb 8, 2014, 2:06 am

Programs: AA EXP

I hit one that said one transaction but no max. Whatever the policy is, WM is still figuring it out.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by AscorbylPalmitate
i show my cleavage and everything is fine.
Pics to prove it! PM is fine. kthxbye.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 7:20 am

Anyone know the limit of card swipes per trans allowed at Krog? Need to get rid of the rest of these $200 OM MCs and prefer there over WM.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 7:25 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by canyoncar
Anyone know the limit of card swipes per trans allowed at Krog? Need to get rid of the rest of these $200 OM MCs and prefer there over WM.
For me it depends on the Kroger/associate. Some question as to why I need to do more than one swipe and they won't let me do otherwise. Others are just there to get their job done and do what I ask.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 7:43 am

Programs: All of them!
Originally Posted by canyoncar
It's 10 swipes per transaction at least at the one store I tried to do 11 - at least that's the register's limit, obviously cashiers may question the transaction before you get that far. The chaos that ensued when I tried it and the 11th card wouldn't go through and they couldn't figure out how to void the transaction was enough to prevent me from attempting it again.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by Lemma
It's 10 swipes per transaction at least at the one store I tried to do 11 - at least that's the register's limit, obviously cashiers may question the transaction before you get that far. The chaos that ensued when I tried it and the 11th card wouldn't go through and they couldn't figure out how to void the transaction was enough to prevent me from attempting it again.
lmao, I can only imagine. Thanks for the report though.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 9:18 am

I've only used vanilla visa at grocery stores for MO, and never had a problem with the register accepting them. Looks like I'm going to be getting some US Bank MCs from the stop and shop deal. Anyone have experience using these? Are there any tricks to know about?
Old Feb 17, 2014, 2:47 pm

I got this same story last week from the Wal-Mart that is conveniently on the way home from work. Their "policy" chnaged from one day to the next. So the next day I drove to the OTHER Walmart not too far away and had no problem getting a $999.30 MO. It's very location-specific.

And the Money Center Expresses are all broken at every WM I go to, so that doesn't seem to be an option.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 5:04 pm
Suspended

I can thankfully say I was at 1 of my reg Wallys (have several) yesterday and walked out with 2 $1k MOs as usual it went 1-2-3 MVD works like a charm when it wants to (and thats the Temp card to boot)
Old Feb 17, 2014, 7:12 pm

Was able to do regular WM GC MO method, no problem today.

On another note, I'm trying to find Kroger chains in Orange County that do MO with debit. Seems like Ralph's only accepts cash... Anybody have any luck here in non-WM locations?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.