Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Get Around PayPal Automatic Bank Debit with Serve

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2015, 9:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold

I find it very frustrating that PayPal insists on setting instant transfer from my bank account as default payment source and last night when making a purchase, it didn't even let me select a payment source; it just automatically applied a transfer from my bank right after I signed in. I totally understand why PayPal would want to make it so you can't even choose to use your credit card to check out and wouldn't be surprised if they're rolling out more merchant terminals like that, because it saves them merchant fees, so I was thinking about a possible workaround:

-Place the Direct Deposit numbers for Serve as your primary (and only) bank account and keep the CC you want charged as the only card.

Haven't tried this yet but am wondering if anyone has any insight.
-As far as I'm aware, you can't pull money out of Serve by ACH besides the Withdraw function on the account, so any Instant Transfer PayPal tries will fail and the charge will go to CC.
-Serve limits for withdrawal and adding are $100,000 per year, even maxing out $3,500/month for Serve and $4,000/month for MyCash won't hit that.

Of course now this comes with a disadvantage that money takes 2 steps to return to your bank from PayPal related MS, but I don't do that much of that anymore due to fear of shutdown.

Anything I'm missing?
Old Sep 29, 2015, 9:16 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
I took my bank accounts off of PayPal so I can use my Ink from time to time. Otherwise I'll use Paypal Credit, and pay that off as I sell things.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.