Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Greatest way ever to manufacture spend with HIGC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 1, 2013, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WhateverDude
Please report any successful debit transactions after 8/1/2013 on the wiki. Currently majority of reports indicate failure after 4PM EST on 8/1/13.

Cannot unload at Walmart as of 4PM EST on 8/1/13.

Retailers listed
Home Depot Sears Ace True Value Lowes Orchard Supply Menards Northern Tool & Equipment Restoration Hardware Tractor Supply Stores Lumber Liquidators Do It Best 84 Lumber United Hardware Aubuchon Hardware Handy Hardware Harbor Freight Sherwin Williams Kelly Moore Dunn Edwards Benjamin Moore ToolUp.Com

List of retailers that accept HIGC to buy other Gift cards

Home Depot, Lowes, Sears
Print Wikipost

Greatest way ever to manufacture spend with HIGC

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2013, 8:18 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by raghu455
US mint- almost a year
VR at OD- several months
HIGC at OD- 72 hours
Next big thing- May be over in minutes
The next big thing is already here.... ^
Old Aug 2, 2013, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by slickpokerdealer
I feel bad for your PM inbox starting right about now .
Old Aug 2, 2013, 8:20 am

I was at WM today and the clerk there asked if I was working with gift cards. She did try to run it through for me, but no go. It was nice of her to try! I'm pretty sure the clerks have pieced one and one together by now.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by dontippet
That's exactly my thoughts as well. We probably made a larger impact than all of the bloggers' casual readers.
Probably true. MMS is arguably guilty of trying to profit off the sinking ship, but he's not the reason the deal is dead -- it's the original P2P blog post (as the blog author knew full well when she published the post). As soon as these kinds of deals get out in the wild, they're already terminal...and it's particularly irritating when the person who breaks the news knows that's the case.

And I say this as someone who neither went in on this deal nor knew about it before this debacle.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by Majikow
It's kind of a chicken and the egg problem.
I agree 100%!

Originally Posted by raghu455
US mint- almost a year
VR at OD- several months
HIGC at OD- 72 hours
Next big thing- May be over in minutes
as I already said, it is over before it started!

Originally Posted by Szamboti
I tend to think its folks on here that are really pushing things to the limits.
what are limits? explain please. and relative to who, what? how much, and according to what standard?

Originally Posted by slickpokerdealer
no it's already gone. i kilt it just now too slow!
Old Aug 2, 2013, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by Marathon Man

Nooooooooooooooo ..... not you again ... I must report you to Chase
Old Aug 2, 2013, 8:30 am

Programs: SPG Gold
Originally Posted by brito11
I was at WM today and the clerk there asked if I was working with gift cards. She did try to run it through for me, but no go. It was nice of her to try! I'm pretty sure the clerks have pieced one and one together by now.
it was nice of them to try but i highly doubt they have pieced anything together
Old Aug 2, 2013, 8:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Silver
I agree 100%!

as I already said, it is over before it started!

what are limits? explain please. and relative to who, what? how much, and according to what standard?

Too bad for SS investors
Old Aug 2, 2013, 8:33 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
I feel bad for your PM inbox starting right about now .
Oops.. I am just a rookie here...
Old Aug 2, 2013, 8:33 am

Programs: Several dozen
So what might be the motivation for releasing news of a failed internal control into the wild and assuring a flood of transactions would follow? You can be sure that somebody was printing alot of money before this failed control went public.

One would hope that the birdmen of bankville are looking into the source of the internal control failure. The best way to rob a bank is to own a bank, or at least maintain tables and code for a bank.

Originally Posted by gloreglabert
Probably true. MMS is arguably guilty of trying to profit off the sinking ship, but he's not the reason the deal is dead -- it's the original P2P blog post (as the blog author knew full well when she published the post). As soon as these kinds of deals get out in the wild, they're already terminal...and it's particularly irritating when the person who breaks the news knows that's the case.

And I say this as someone who neither went in on this deal nor knew about it before this debacle.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DziVang
Nooooooooooooooo ..... not you again ... I must report you to Chase
how do you know I am NOT chase?

Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy
The best way to rob a bank is to own a bank, or at least maintain tables and code for a bank.
what if this was just planned to suss out who in the universe spends like we spend and does what we do, so they can not only win on this gig before release/kill, but also control the next gigs?

Do we all now know to be very wary of anything bancorp?
Old Aug 2, 2013, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Also for the record, I dont think Chase--or any Cc cared about this. Just as they really didnt when we all hit OD for VRs last year.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 8:40 am

Programs: UA Silver/Marriott Gold/Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by gloreglabert

This is what i was trying to get at. It just irks me that people that should know better (or do but just don't care), put stuff out there to die just to get their name out there. I think it does more harm than good nowadays because of the huge, exponential bump in activity at the stores. It's the total opposite of staying under the radar and is going to make things harder and harder going forward.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 8:40 am

Do we all now know to be very wary of anything bancorp?
By who's standard? Yours just because you had a problem with AN using the product not as intended and got shutdown? They delay giving your money back?
Old Aug 2, 2013, 8:42 am

how do you know I am NOT chase?
Good Point. We have never seen both you and Chase in the same room.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.