Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bikeguy
Kate will only allow load totals up to $1999.99 every 10 minutes. It does not matter if it was you or the person before you. If you go over that limit, Kate will freeze. Sept 2015- Several people have reported the 10 minute limit is now longer than 10. Not sure how much longer yet. Several Kate's have locked up following the old 10 minute rule.

9 digit pin problem - Sometimes, for unknown reasons, after you swipe your card and enter your pin, MCE will ask you for a 9 digit pin. To date, no one knows why this happens, or has a fix for it. If it repeatedly asks you for a pin, this is the same as the 9 digit pin problem and there is no fix.
Unplugging and re-booting by a supervisor doesn't fix this problem.

For consistent MCE issues, use the WM feedback link to report:
https://corporate.walmart.com/contac...orate-feedback
Select 'store experience' and be sure to include the store number and address. If you include your name and phone number the stores sometimes call when it is working again. Do not abuse this as it may lead to your MCE being removed.

How to shut Kate up by sosamo
  1. Before you press anything, plug the headphones into the jack near the pinpad
  2. The touchscreen will "gray" out, and you won't be able to press anything.
  3. Press '3' on the pinpad
  4. Press 'Enter' on the pinpad
  5. Continue business as usual on the touch screen.

Note: If you ever make a mistake, to get out, just unplug the headphone.

----
Walmart Money Center Kiosk Location

Any of the walmarts on the list have a Kate
http://www.moneypass.com/atm-locator.aspx

Look for "Walmart Money Center Express" as one of the services
http://www.walmart.com/c/store/search/MoneyCenter
------------------------------
Print Wikipost

Walmart money kiosks(2013-2015)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2014, 6:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: Amex Plat, AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by cKGunslinger
When you select MO, my Kate actually display a screen that states the limits are "Four (4) money orders that total no more that $2000" and you have to press 'OK' to continue.
That's from a single payment source. Since your next GC is a different number, as far as Kate knows, you're a different person.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 8:22 pm

Programs: USAir, UA, AA, BA, Hyatt, HHonors, SPG, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by payeco
That's from a single payment source. Since your next GC is a different number, as far as Kate knows, you're a different person.
^
Old Oct 1, 2014, 12:08 am

Originally Posted by payeco
I tried to get a $500 MO out of Kate tonight. The line was long at the MC. So used my VGC & it would not print MO, cause it was out of paper. Gave me a receipt, that said take to MC to pick it up. Both clerks told me that (kate) does not print MO. You have to get them from here. So she calls over the CSR who told them yes it does, but she has never seen anyone use it. So she calls MoneyGram, they said to issue refund. Only problem was, computer would not. She says are you sure it was taken from your Debt card? I say yes it was. Can I see it? I say yes its a VGC. She says oh that's no problem at all. Mind if I call it? So she calls it and sees it was in fact taken from the GC. I said not a problem I used gift card? She says not at all, its just ran as Debt. So she finally calls store manager at home lol. He tells her machine will print in the morning when they fill it with paper. He told her to print me another MO & that to replace it with the one in the morning. I will go to MC from now on if I want MO. My BB card had not arrived yet, or I would of used it.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 8:05 am

I went this morning to start October off and lo and behold my dependable Kate is unplugged. I asked to load a Serve, had to go to MC. When I tried to swipe my "debit" card, the CSR was watching like a hawk. Told me no prepaids. Lucky I could use a Meta card from Credit Union that had the bank logo. If I am using one go to the ATM. Go figure. Hopefully Kate comes back soon as she was mute. The others near me are screamers.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by givingitatry
I went this morning to start October off and lo and behold my dependable Kate is unplugged. I asked to load a Serve, had to go to MC. When I tried to swipe my "debit" card, the CSR was watching like a hawk. Told me no prepaids. Lucky I could use a Meta card from Credit Union that had the bank logo. If I am using one go to the ATM. Go figure. Hopefully Kate comes back soon as she was mute. The others near me are screamers.
i don't understand why they even care?
Old Oct 1, 2014, 11:37 am

Went at lunch to a WM I didn't know about and it had a muted Kate also. Life is good. Dumped 3 cards from Randalls promotion and paid $1k credit card bill with a buxx card. Productive lunch break today.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by aGeist
i don't understand why they even care?
some think their job is more important than what it is
some hate dealing with the people coming in for 10 MOs and a couple bill pays
some have management telling them to care
non-MSers up to shady business
etc.

I've never dealt with anyone who cares, but in urban areas I imagine it's common.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 12:23 pm

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Originally Posted by canyoncar
some think their job is more important than what it is
some hate dealing with the people coming in for 10 MOs and a couple bill pays
some have management telling them to care
non-MSers up to shady business
etc.

I've never dealt with anyone who cares, but in urban areas I imagine it's common.
Well, in my South Florida Wally, No one cares and Kate always works. They could care less if I buy MO's or load a Serve with a VGC. They are always so packed with people, that if I use Kate, they are happy I am not in the MC line, and if I am in the MC line, buying a MO is a quick process compared with what other people line for at MC. So I do love my Wally !!!
Old Oct 2, 2014, 6:04 am
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
Went at lunch to a WM I didn't know about and it had a muted Kate also. Life is good. Dumped 3 cards from Randalls promotion and paid $1k credit card bill with a buxx card. Productive lunch break today.
what randalls promo?
Old Oct 2, 2014, 7:13 am

Loaded $1500 from OV onto my BB at a Kate last night. Took a break to walk around Wally World for ten minutes. When I came back to do the final $1000 loads there was a man trying to load $200 at a time. Of course he tripped the velocity limit, He just stared at the screen like a retard; he couldn't understand the error message or had never seen it before. I left the store, and came back three hours later to finish my loads.

BTW: My first OV took about six swipes before it would load. The next three went on the first swipe. I got a Metrological Checksum error at one point as well.
On my return later that night I cleared the two OVs in three swipes.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 7:29 am

I'm in South-ish FL, too, and they care here. Most of them, anyway. At both WMs. So glad I found my mostly-reliable Kate near work. Though they care, there, too. I've seen managers watch me, but no one has said anything unless the machine pings them. Any time I get one of those bizarre one-off errors, someone's there like lightning*. "The machine called me. What are you trying to load with?" I just say, in my best flaky voice, "You know, I think I might have tried to load more than the account had! I'll check and come back later!" And they shrug and I go on my way and come back later.

I don't know why they care either.

*Could you imagine if regular customer care was that good there?!
Old Oct 2, 2014, 1:33 pm

OV issues

I'm wondering, and correct me if I'm wrong...

But I was checking the balance on the "used" OVs online yesterday, and it shows that INCOMM deposited funds onto the OV at around the same time I loaded onto BB...even though the OV was purchased several hours earlier.

Now my question is....IF OV was used elsewhere FIRST and "activated" with a purchase, would it STILL have the swipe issues at WM?

Any thoughts?
Old Oct 2, 2014, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by shingu79
Now my question is....IF OV was used elsewhere FIRST and "activated" with a purchase, would it STILL have the swipe issues at WM?
Somebody posted they tried it. Made a small purchase first, which also set the pin. They said it didn't matter when they later tried to load the rest.

Don't ask me which thread. I haven't the foggiest.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by Hbax
Somebody posted they tried it. Made a small purchase first, which also set the pin. They said it didn't matter when they later tried to load the rest.

Don't ask me which thread. I haven't the foggiest.
I remember seeing that somewhere as well. It is still a fascinating mystery why OV does weird things at Warmart. Someone proposed a bad-and-good two-server theory, which is an interesting idea.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by shingu79
I'm wondering, and correct me if I'm wrong...

But I was checking the balance on the "used" OVs online yesterday, and it shows that INCOMM deposited funds onto the OV at around the same time I loaded onto BB...even though the OV was purchased several hours earlier.

Any thoughts?
Yes, that happened to me when the error message I got was DEBIT NOT APPROVED. In order to check if my OV had the balance, I bought a candy bar ad matched sale price @ .39 and I did the workaround to pay with debit. That proved the OV goes through as debit for merchandise purchase but not for loading prepaid cards. I proceeded to Kate which was now available and she took it with one swipe. If Kate took it in one swipe pressing debit, there may be something blocking them @ registers when used to load prepaids that Kate hasn't been programmed yet (and hopefully, never).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.