Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bikeguy
Kate will only allow load totals up to $1999.99 every 10 minutes. It does not matter if it was you or the person before you. If you go over that limit, Kate will freeze. Sept 2015- Several people have reported the 10 minute limit is now longer than 10. Not sure how much longer yet. Several Kate's have locked up following the old 10 minute rule.

9 digit pin problem - Sometimes, for unknown reasons, after you swipe your card and enter your pin, MCE will ask you for a 9 digit pin. To date, no one knows why this happens, or has a fix for it. If it repeatedly asks you for a pin, this is the same as the 9 digit pin problem and there is no fix.
Unplugging and re-booting by a supervisor doesn't fix this problem.

For consistent MCE issues, use the WM feedback link to report:
https://corporate.walmart.com/contac...orate-feedback
Select 'store experience' and be sure to include the store number and address. If you include your name and phone number the stores sometimes call when it is working again. Do not abuse this as it may lead to your MCE being removed.

How to shut Kate up by sosamo
  1. Before you press anything, plug the headphones into the jack near the pinpad
  2. The touchscreen will "gray" out, and you won't be able to press anything.
  3. Press '3' on the pinpad
  4. Press 'Enter' on the pinpad
  5. Continue business as usual on the touch screen.

Note: If you ever make a mistake, to get out, just unplug the headphone.

----
Walmart Money Center Kiosk Location

Any of the walmarts on the list have a Kate
http://www.moneypass.com/atm-locator.aspx

Look for "Walmart Money Center Express" as one of the services
http://www.walmart.com/c/store/search/MoneyCenter
------------------------------
Print Wikipost

Walmart money kiosks(2013-2015)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2014, 5:39 am

Originally Posted by stark4
Who has the answer for Million dollar question above? Im having that problem at my Kate also.
I gave up answering because its been answered so many times in this thread, or possibly the bb/serve threads as well.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 6:23 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat,
Originally Posted by hamokmonky
I gave up answering because its been answered so many times in this thread, or possibly the bb/serve threads as well.
Really? I've read through this thread many times and have not seen this issue mentioned. This is not the 9-digit pin mentioned in earlier posts and the wiki
Old Sep 23, 2014, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by Blootch
Really? I've read through this thread many times and have not seen this issue mentioned. This is not the 9-digit pin mentioned in earlier posts and the wiki
Perhaps not this thread, which is why I mentioned the BB/SERVE threads, however Ive seen it mentioned several times. Its really no different than the 9 digit pin issue, except that maybe one day your kiosk will work again (who knows?)
Old Sep 23, 2014, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by stark4
Who has the answer for Million dollar question above? Im having that problem at my Kate also.
It's in the wiki...

9 digit pin problem - Sometimes, for unknown reasons, after you swipe your card and enter your pin, kate will ask you for a 9 digit pin. To date, no one knows why this happens, or has a fix for it.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 8:44 am

Went to Wm and loaded a ov no problem on sat. Yesterday I tried it multiple times and got tender not accepted at Kate and cashier.

Also I have a visa debit rebate card from Verizon issued from metabank, thought it would work with last 4 digits. No go, any ideas?
Old Sep 23, 2014, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by goober153
Went to Wm and loaded a ov no problem on sat. Yesterday I tried it multiple times and got tender not accepted at Kate and cashier.

Also I have a visa debit rebate card from Verizon issued from metabank, thought it would work with last 4 digits. No go, any ideas?
Most rebate cards won't work. Not 100% sure about Verizon, but Staples card definitely do not work.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 10:40 am

So has anyone's kate gone from a $49.99 machine back to a full $500 box?

I guess I'll try today anyways.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 10:50 am
umc

I had a Tmobile rebate card issued by Citibank. It has the word "DEBIT" printed on the card. A PIN was provided when I called to activate the card. I was able to use it at the MC. I had to quickly hit "Change Payment" on the screen to use it.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by workaccounttoday

I did 3 x OV on sunday, all went in on first swipe $500 each. no hiccups, no Code=57 print outs.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by workaccounttoday

All I load are $500 cards. OV, VVGC, MVGC. The cashier at Vons (when I buy the MVGC) calls me the $500 man. The most I buy at Vons are 2 x 500.

All works fine at Kate. OV and VVGC maybe take more than 1 try to get to work. But at the end, they all work.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 1:51 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat,
Originally Posted by exarkun
It's in the wiki...

9 digit pin problem - Sometimes, for unknown reasons, after you swipe your card and enter your pin, kate will ask you for a 9 digit pin. To date, no one knows why this happens, or has a fix for it.
Well if that's the case I apologize, hate to be the person making senseless posts. I was under the impression that the 9 digit code would be displayed on Kate's screen, and not that of the pinpad. Therefore, I thought (and apparently some others) that I had experienced a new problem.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 2:29 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, CC, Hyatt & IHG
Originally Posted by Blootch
Well if that's the case I apologize, hate to be the person making senseless posts. I was under the impression that the 9 digit code would be displayed on Kate's screen, and not that of the pinpad. Therefore, I thought (and apparently some others) that I had experienced a new problem.
Come to think of this, I never try to use 9 digit routing number for the debit card. I had this problem when I stop by San Jose Wally over the weekend.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 11:18 pm

Where can I find a Walmart with working Kate to load GC to BB around East Bay Area, CA?
Thanks a lot in advance.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 4:27 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by joykid
Where can I find a Walmart with working Kate to load GC to BB around East Bay Area, CA?
Thanks a lot in advance.
Get in your cAR AND FIND ONE. tHEN REPORT BACK.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 5:32 am

I got the $50 prepaid visa debit from Verizon and it worked in one swipe @ Kate beginning of this month. Used the assigned PIN when I activated the card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.