Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 12, 2014, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for posts through 2016. The new thread for 2017 is http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1826119-billpay-walmart-2017-a.html

Bill Pay cannot be done at a regular register.
It must be done at Customer Service/Returns.
Or at the Money Center in stores that have it.

BUSINESS DAY transaction completion time is 18:59:59 EST
Friday after 06:59PM EST, until Monday BEFORE 07:00PM EST arrives Tuesday
Tuesday BEFORE 7:00PM arrives Wednesday
Wednesday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Thursday
Thursday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Friday
Friday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Monday
But when a next-day payment will post and be visible depends upon the CC issuer.

--------------------------------------------------------------
WM offers two BP services: CheckFreePAY and MoneyGram. The cashier can initiate CheckFreePAY by selecting Money Services followed by Bill Pay on the register for a fee of $1-1.88. Moneygram is $4.99.

Once your CFP account is set up, you can add cc. When you want to BP give them your phone# to look up your account under Money Services. They often get confused and think you want MG, but just say it is under Money Services.

ONLY 4 successful debit card swipes can pay for a transaction.

ONLY 5 payments per 16 digit account number per rolling 30 days.
--------------------------------------------
:-:VISA and MC
If your particular card isn't on the list below, try "VISA" or "MASTERCARD."

"VISA" and "MASTERCARD" payee can no longer be found by search at some stores. If the employee can no longer find "VISA" or "MASTERCARD" by searching in CheckFreePAY, then you cannot pay either, end of story.

Following do not work:
Any and all Vanilla VISA, Vanilla MC, and OneVanilla VISA.
Glimcher VISA
MASTERCARD
$1.88 next day.
Works:
Bank of America Cash Rewards Business MC
Barclay (Arrival, US Airways) MC - Posts at 11PM EST, credit available 1AM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold MC
Citi AAdvantage (Platinum Select, Executive, Business) MC - Posts at 3AM EST (+1 day)
Citi ThankYou Preferred MC
CitiBusiness Platinum Select MC
Does not work:
Barclay Business US Airways MC - NOT PAYABLE - tried 2x
VISA
$1.88 next day.
Works:
Barclay Priceline VS
Chase (Amazon, Freedom, Sapphire Preferred, United, Slate) VS - Posts at 10PM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold VS
Citi (AAdvantage, Dividend, ThankYou Preferred) VS
FIA Fidelity VS
PNC CashBuilder VS
US Bank (Cash+, Club Carlson, Flexperks) VS
Wells Fargo Cashback VS
Does not work:
TD Bank VS - [Source]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:-:Issuing Bank

Discover - Use for all Discover network cards
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days.

American Express AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) cannot be paid through CheckFreePAY. Some AMEX cards issued by other banks can be paid.

AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) can be paid using MoneyGram for $4.99

Barclay Listed under barclay - need biller zip - $1.50 next day, $1.00 three days

Bank of America Consumer Loans - Use for BoA-issued and FIA-issued cards; will not work for BofA Small Business cards.
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days. (Will require a ZIP but apparently yours will work as well as theirs, which is 19886)[INDENT]Works:
FIA Fidelity VS & MC
BoA Alaska Airlines Visa
Does not work:
FIA Fidelity AX - No longer working for FIA Amex
BofA Asiana Business card
Capital One
$1.50 next day.
Personal and business CCs
Citibank American Express - Use for Citi-issued AMEX cards
Citi AAdvantage AMEX
PNC Bank - Use for PNC-issued Visa network cards
PNC CashBuilder VS
Warning: Some users have reported being shutdown for using bill pay services.

For money order questions, check the following threads and their wiki posts:
Print Wikipost

Billpay at Walmart(2013-2016)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2015, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by jonnydoe1234
Trust me, if you don't live in an area with lots of MS'ers, you have no idea how widespread the disappearance of Visa/MC has been. My understanding is that WM killed off those options for all stores where credit card payments had reached a certain volume, and in busy cities with lots of MS'ers, that eliminated the vast majority of stores.

Interestingly, some options (like discover and citi amex) had survived the initial cut, but even those disappeared in recent weeks.

This is not an issue of clueless CSRs. In my area, there are so many MS'ers that you definitely don't need to guide a CSR through the process. And in most stores, they have turned their screen toward me to show that visa/mc are not showing up anymore.
In areas with a lot of MS'ing or fraud, I have also seen WM's stop the use of gift cards for BP or MO.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 9:14 am

With the whole March 1st rumor going around. Has anyone done a BP yesterday or today? And with a SMGC? Thanks.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by rtraveler
With the whole March 1st rumor going around. Has anyone done a BP yesterday or today? And with a SMGC? Thanks.
I did BP at WM yesterday using T-Mo card and it worked just fine.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 6:19 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Not BP, but I was able to load using VGC using pin at WM, so the POS still takes pin based cards.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
Not BP, but I was able to load using VGC using pin at WM, so the POS still takes pin based cards.
My experience on 3/3:

Kate Serve Load: not accepting VGC: Error message: "Debit Not Available Appr. Code = 12" on paper receipt
Money Center Serve swipe/reload: Not accepting VGC, even after force cancel, switch tender type to "Debit"
Old Mar 3, 2015, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by fauxblogger
My experience on 3/3:

Kate Serve Load: not accepting VGC: Error message: "Debit Not Available Appr. Code = 12" on paper receipt
Money Center Serve swipe/reload: Not accepting VGC, even after force cancel, switch tender type to "Debit"

Sorry, to clarify these were BanCorp VGCs which, from the FT "PIN Available...." thread, WM failures of this VGC type are old news since mid-2014.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 4:36 pm

Visa gift card

I have tried three different time to use a VGC that was issued by US Bank and it won't work. This card was purchased at Smiths/Kroger. I have used
them many times before with no problems. Has anyone else had this problem?
Old Mar 4, 2015, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by lunchclerk
I have tried three different time to use a VGC that was issued by US Bank and it won't work. This card was purchased at Smiths/Kroger. I have used
them many times before with no problems. Has anyone else had this problem?
Have you successfully done a BP at this WM before?
Old Mar 9, 2015, 12:10 am

Kmart NYC Question: Seems that it is still working in Kmart NYC:

1. Load Visa Buxx NW $1K with Chase card

2. try to pay chase with $498.50 first round works second round even a few days later gets declined? I have experienced this before. Any Insights why it gets declined second round?
Old Mar 10, 2015, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by ual902
Kmart NYC Question: Seems that it is still working in Kmart NYC:

1. Load Visa Buxx NW $1K with Chase card

2. try to pay chase with $498.50 first round works second round even a few days later gets declined? I have experienced this before. Any Insights why it gets declined second round?
I thought there was an $800 weekly purchase limit on NWVB? You said you've done this successfully before, so maybe it's right when the week rolled over (not sure if that's how it works)
Old Mar 10, 2015, 2:45 pm

Is Kmart limited to 2k per billpay? At my particular store it always says payment too much when I try to do more.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by ReidP
Has anyone received a message on the WM keypad that says 'Not able to process request.' with an 'ok' button below it but once you click OK, the keypad freezes? It happens on ever 2 or 3 swipes. The computer doesn't freeze. Only the keypad.

I have been to 2 different WM today and tried on two different registers at one WM.

This just started yesterday. Anyone else have this issue?

I encountered this exact problem today and I even tried pressing the minus + clear buttons but it stayed frozen.I tried pressing cancel and all the other buttons but it stayed frozen. This is the older POS system, it's the Ingenico i6550. The manager had to cancel the transaction. Does anyone know a workaround for this?

This was my first time visiting this Walmart but the systems look old. I went to another WM afterwards which had the latest POS systems and I was able to do the BP.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 4:14 pm

I encountered this exact problem today and I even tried pressing the minus + clear buttons but it stayed frozen.I tried pressing cancel and all the other buttons but it stayed frozen. This is the older POS system, it's the Ingenico i6550. The manager had to cancel the transaction. Does anyone know a workaround for this?

This was my first time visiting this Walmart but the systems look old. I went to another WM afterwards which had the latest POS systems and I was able to do the BP.
I'm not able to do BP for $2K anymore. The keypad freezes before the third swipe and there is no workaround for this. The transaction has to be canceled by the manager. This is happening to me since Friday.

We can still make $1K BPs by using 2 GCs.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 4:30 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold 1MM ,Hyatt Explorist,Marriott Platinum,HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Zgirl
I'm not able to do BP for $2K anymore. The keypad freezes before the third swipe and there is no workaround for this. The transaction has to be canceled by the manager. This is happening to me since Friday.

We can still make $1K BPs by using 2 GCs.
Same thing happened to me the other day for the first time ...a supervisor came by and unplugged/plugged the cable....moments later I finished my last 2 cards...it used to freeze after the third card and I always able to cancel and finish the last card...but this time it was different , keypad was unresponsive at all....they use one of the newer pads at this wm which just opened last year...
Old Mar 10, 2015, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by OHijAAzi73
Same thing happened to me the other day for the first time ...a supervisor came by and unplugged/plugged the cable....moments later I finished my last 2 cards...it used to freeze after the third card and I always able to cancel and finish the last card...but this time it was different , keypad was unresponsive at all....they use one of the newer pads at this wm which just opened last year...
Next time you're there, can you take a pic of the POS. That's what I did today and I was able to google the name and figure out with model it was.

If we know the make/model, it's easier to troubleshoot and tell you what does/doesn't work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.